Reactants

Cat's Cradle

 

KCON had been exhausting, to say the least. That was why almost each and every single one of the members were out like a light the instant they touched their seats on the plane. 
 
Yixing was currently sound asleep, head resting against a light pink travel pillow, which was propped against Wu Fan's shoulder. The younger male had clung on to him all the way through the airport, much to the delight of the fans who had come to send them off. He had worried that Yixing might have been embarassed or intimidated by the...ah, assertive girls shrieking KRAAYYYY at the top of their lungs, but he had merely shone his signature dimpled smile in every direction, hugging Wu Fan's arm tighter.
 
Wu Fan didn't mind Yixing's touchiness, which he attributed to the aftermath of the fanservice they'd done at the convention. He found his random public displays of affection, initially shy and tentative, rather cute. Plus, he felt this strange urge to protect him after the Mengniu awards. Seeing the boy cry somehow cemented the image of Zhang Yixing as someone who was as innocent and pure as the unicorn he represented in Wu Fan's brain, and he now took it upon himself to defend said purity from the harsh evils of the world.
 
So he can get a little dramatic sometimes, but he blames that on how adorable Yixing looked when he was asleep. His mouth was slightly ajar, and as Wu Fan watched, his brow twitched into a frown as a piece of hair fell to tickle his face. Chuckling softly, he gently brushed the offending strands back, hand lingering in the younger's soft locks. Yixing shifted, snuggling closer to him, before letting out a soft sigh, followed by a string of incoherent mumbling.
 
Wu Fan smiled, patted his head once more, burrowed himself deeper into the firm back of his seat, and quickly fell asleep.
 
--
 
Little did he know that he was being watched by a shadowy pair of eyes, which had been trained on them ever since they got into the van that morning. He had put up with this at KCON, but only because that had been to satisfy the fans. Even then, he didn't understand why Wu Fan hadn't done all the waving and hugging with him, instead of Yixing. After all, wasn't their ship the more popular one? He let out a frustrated huff.
 
He had thought that things would return to normal after the concert, and Wu Fan would be his again. However, Yixing had practically glued himself to the older man's side, and - and this enraged him the most - Wu Fan had let him. He had never liked other people being clingy with his Wu Fan ge, but usually that never presented itself as a problem, since the man never tolerated such forms of PDA (except from himself, of course).
 
So what was he supposed to make of the fact that their duizhang was not only allowing someone else to hang off his arm like a lovesick puppy, but smiling as if he enjoyed it? What was he supposed to make of the fact that his attempts at getting his attention had been basically ignored? 
 
Luhan cracked open an eye to stare at his fuming seatmate blearily when he sighed in irritation for the nth time. 
 
"Zitao, I know you're pissed, but can you please be pissed quietly? I need to sleep."
 
 
--
 
 
Cameras flashed and clicked, and the sea of screaming fans were only being barely kept at bay by the security and the silent, ominous wrath of their manager-hyung. Wu Fan was taking the lead of the group, Yixing beside him. They both smiled and bowed perfunctorily, but all any of them really wanted to was to get back to the dorm and sleep for a straight week or so.
 
They paused outside, waiting for their car to show up. 
 
"Hey, Yixing, d'you want to go get some ice cream with me later?" Minseok asked.
 
"What?!" 
 
Minseok tried to repeat the question, but, realizing that it was futile to compete with the level of noise around them, stopped in the middle and beckoned Yixing over to him instead.
 
Wu Fan glanced around at the rest of his teammates, making eye contact with a particularly haggard-looking maknae. He turned towards him, arms already half-open for a hug, when, to his surprise, Tao turned right around and sank his head onto the shoulder of an equally surprised Luhan. He gaped at the scene for a moment, until Tao lifted himself up.
 
"Tao, are you not feeling well?" he asked, concerned, only to be blatantly ignored as the boy resolutely refused to look at him, whispering in Luhan's ear instead. A spark of annoyance ignited in him when the elder reached up to Tao's head soothingly. Before he could dwell on the matter, however, Yixing was back at his side.
 
"Ge? The car's here."
 
'It's probably nothing," he thought as the group moved towards the black van. 'He's probably just cranky because he didn't sleep very well. It'll be okay by tomorrow.'
 
 
And of course, this is where we point our fingers at him and laugh at his impending doom.
 
 
 
 
-- 
 
DON'T KILL ME. HOLD THOSE PITCHFORKS. BETTER YET, HOLD THOSE CURSORS, DON'T CLICK THE UNSUBSCRIBE BUTTON, HEAR ME OUT.
 
Think of this as a prologue of sorts, mkay? Like, the reactants in a chemical equation.
...ohmgod chem did NOT just cross over into my fics nOOOOO
 
Ahem.
The actual chapters will be longer. Hopefully.
Er, just a question though, how would you guys feel about drabbles, just in case I can't bring myself to write full-length soul-draining chappies? Because they are soul-draining. OTL
 
 
- Ace
 
P.S: OMG LOOK IT'S PERFECT
 
tumblr_mcgczzFmcA1rdrcebo1_500.jpg