Chapter 8

Red Riding Hood Society

 

"Thank you for the information, Kai.  I think it's best to just keep it between us for now.  Don't say anything to Kyungsoo either.  He's one of those people who has a lot of hatred for werewolves.  If he knows about this, he might kill Baekhyun the moment he sees him again."  Suho honestly felt troubled and worried for Baekhyun after hearing about his adopted son's special blood from Kai.
 
 
"I don't think Kyungsoo will do that."
 
 
Suho was surprised at how Kai sounded so sure about it.  "What made you so sure?"
 
 
"Because you're special to him.  You know that too, right? You should trust him more.  He'll do anything for you including protecting Baekhyun if that's what you want."  Kai shifted his gaze to the closet inside the room for a second before looking straight at Suho.
 
 
"I know about Kyungsoo's feelings for me.  I'm even thinking of giving him a chance if he ever decides to confess to me, but the thing is... I don't know which is greater between his love for me or his hatred for werewolves, so I still can't trust him with Baekhyun's secret.  I'll come back to talk with you again in making a final decision for what I think would be best for Baekhyun." 
 
 
Kai listened as Suho locked the door from the outside.  The sound of Suho's footsteps were slowly fading until he couldn't hear it anymore.  "It's safe to come out now."  Kyungsoo came out from the closet.  The expression on Kyungsoo's face broke Kai's heart.  "If you protect Baekhyun, you'll be able to earn your leader's absolute trust."
 
 
"Suho and I entered the Red Riding Hood Society together.  After all this time, he still can't bring himself to trust me fully and yet, he trusted that Kris traitor.  He trusted you too.  What makes him so sure that you aren't lying?! It's not like we've seen a werewolf drinking Baekhyun's blood to know if such a thing really is true!  And you... how could you trust someone like me?"  Kyungsoo was so hurt and confused with his feelings.  His eyes were glassy with unshed tears.
 
 
"Do you know how dogs are nice and loyal to their owners? The same goes for wolves."
 
 
"But I'm not your owner."
 
 
"No, but you're something like that to me."  Kai blushed and scratched the back of his head out of embarassment.  "You may hate werewolves, but you've only done nice things to me even if you're only forced to do it, so I can't help myself from liking you just like how some dogs are closer to the caretaker instead of the actual owner.  The caretaker doesn't necessarily have to like the dog, but he would take care of the dog because he was paid to do so."
 
 
For a moment, Kyungsoo forgot about his own sadness as he focused on Kai's sadness.  He reminded himself that he was supposed to hate werewolves and not feel empathetic towards them.  "You talk as if you've been a pet."
 
 
"It wasn't a very nice experience." Kai implied that he had been a pet once but as Kyungsoo waited for him to talk more about it, Kai changed the topic.  "You should go before somebody finds out that you've been hanging out here.  Though I would love to have your company, I don't want you to get in trouble."
 
 
Kyungsoo hated the fact that Kai has been nothing but sincere, nice, helpful, and trustful towards him.  He hated the fact that Kai likes him even though the werewolf already knows about his feelings for Suho.  He hated the fact that he thought if Kai wasn't a werewolf, then maybe he might even like Kai.
 
 
"Uh.. Kyungsoo.. are you alright?  Is there something wrong?"  Kai was concerned because Kyungsoo hadn't moved or said a single thing.  He stood in front of the RRHS member and waved his hand in front of the Kyungsoo's face to catch his attention.  He was surprised when Kyungsoo suddenly caught his forearm, an area just below his chained wrist, in a very tight grip.
 
 
"What are you going to do if I confess to Suho?"
 
 
"Move on with life I guess? It's not like it's the first time to have unrequited feelings."
 
 
Kyungsoo released his grip on Kai and walked out of the room.  Kai knew that Kyungsoo was feeling angry by the way that the other was locking with the door and putting on the bolts in place with much more force than necessary.  Kai just didn't know that Kyungsoo was feeling disappointed with the werewolf's answer and hated the fact that he was feeling that way.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
"That guy's pet is a wolf."  Luhan pointed out.
 
 
"Isn't that a husky?"  Sehun stared at the pet.
 
 
"It's a young wolf.  How the heck did you manage to become a Red Riding Hood Society member when you can't even tell the difference?!" Luhan scolded the younger.
 
 
Sehun pouted around the straw of his bubble tea drink.  He decided that he would need to drink more for comfort.  "The difference isn't quite obvious.  Do you think that guy knows that his pet is a wolf?"  He turned his head to the side only to find out that Luhan was no longer standing beside him.
 
 
Luhan walked up to the owner of the wolf.  "Hey, kid.  Do you know that your pet is a wolf?"
 
 
"I'm not a kid."  The owner pouted.  "In fact, I'm already 17."
 
 
Luhan's jaw dropped when the other guy mentioned his age.  He couldn't believe that this guy was actually 2 years older than him.
 
 
"And yes, I know that this fella is a wolf."  The owner patted his the wolf's head affectionately.  "I also know that taking care of a wolf is different from a dog.  I'm surprised that someone finally recognized my pet as a wolf.  Do you like wolves?"
 
 
"I hate wolves actually."  The wolf started growling at Luhan while simply stared back calmly at the wolf.  "I'm pretty sure wolves don't like me either."
 
 
The owner blinked.  "Are you a wolf hunter then?" He frowned.
 
 
"Not exactly.  Well, since you seem know what you're doing, so I won't bother you anymore.  Have a good day."  Luhan went back to Sehun's side and spoke to Sehun about his conversation with the wolf owner. Initially, he thought of convincing the owner to send the wolf back to the wilderness where it truly belong, but the owner seem to be quite a responsbile person, so he decided to just leave them alone.
 
 
"Do you think that wolf could possibly be a werewolf?"  Sehun suddenly asked.  "But then again, I don't think werewolves would actually allow themselves to be pets because of their pride or unless they are forced.  I don't think that 17-year-old guy with a baby face would actually be capable of forcing a werewolf to be a pet."
 
 
Sehun just had no idea how some of the things he said were actually true.
 
 
"Those two are obviously Red Riding Hood Society members.  Don't you think so?"  The owner asked though he knew that he won't be receiving any answer from his pet in wolf form.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~* To be continued...
 
A/N:  Here I go again with the guessing name~ Well, it is a mystery fic so they should be mysterious somehow? Hahahaha!! Comment please!!! To those living in the states, happy thanksgiving!!!  I don't have work because of the holiday even though I live in the Philippines since our clients are from the states ^^