Final

Blind and Realize

“How do I look?” your best friend asked you as he came down in an off-white dress shirt, a black buttoned up suit vest over it, along with a matching pair of black slacks.

You looked up from your book, your smile widened as you threw him two thumbs up. “Daniel, you look handsome! But…” he stared at you in confusion as you walked over to him.

“One of your buttons is still not buttoned,” you said as you buttoned up the button.

He smiled, “Thanks.” Glancing at the time, his eyes widened and he scurried off to the front of the door, putting on his shoes. “I’m late! She’s going to be pissed. I’ll see you later, okay?” He gave you a quick wave before hurrying out of the door, leaving you no time to respond back.

“Bye,” you mumbled quietly, your smiling fading as you leaned against the wall with a sigh. He was an to a party with his very own girlfriend. At the thought of it made your heart sink, your eyes slightly watering. You quickly shook your head. “I should be happy for him.”

But you weren’t.

You believed that she wasn’t the one for him. Her outer appearance may be goddess-like, but her personality definitely screams the opposite of it. You’ve tried countless of times, convincing him that she wasn’t the one, that he should be more careful, but he simply shrugged you off.

“He’s just too into blind to see the truth,” you would tell yourself.

About an hour later did you hear the front door open, your name weakly being called out. You wiped your hands and walked out to the living room, your eyebrows furrowing in confusion to see Daniel home so early. “What are you doing home so ea-”

Cutting your sentence short, he embraced you tightly. “You were right, you were right all along.”

You pulled him down onto the couch, with you right next to him. “What’s wrong?”

“We’re done,” he whispered, his head hung down low.

“I’m sorry,” you pulled him into a hug, your hands his back as he dug his face into your shoulder. “I was late to pick her up and she told me that I was useless… and said she wanted a break up and ran off. I followed her and I saw her. S-she… was kissing another guy…”

You stayed quiet as you felt your own tears falling. How can she be so cruel? Heck, how can anyone be cruel to him?

You didn’t understand.

After a while of comforting, you pulled back and looked at him. His eyes were very red and puffed up. “Are you okay now?” you asked in a voice no louder than a whisper.

He nodded, wiping the remaining sticky substance off his cheeks. “I’m so stupid.”

You shook your head and hesitatingly placed a hand over his cheek, “You are not stupid at all Daniel. She lured you in, and you were just too blind to see anything.”

He chuckled lightly, “You are right. I was blind, wasn’t I?”

Your heart fluttered as his gaze pierced through yours, his hand slowly moved its way up to your cheek. He stared at you for a second longer before suddenly crashing his lips onto yours. Your eyes widened and you stumbled back slightly at the feeling of his lips moving against yours.

Realizing what he was doing, he pulled back. “I-I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done that to yo-” you cut him off with your own lips as you leaned forward, your hands grasping onto the edge of the couch. You felt his hand hesitatingly hovering over your neck, and pulling you closer to him.

Both of your lips danced against each other for a while, and the both of you pulled away to catch your breath.

“I feel bad,” he said in a soft tone, his forehead leaning on yours.

“Why?”

“I just ended a relationship and here my heart is fluttering when I’m kissing you.”

You shook your head, “Don’t feel bad… I… like you.”

He smiled and squeezed your hand, “I like you too.”