1/1

Ever After

 

***

 

"In fairytales, the prince searches to find his princess,and the princess should only wait for her so-called prince charming to arrive."

 

It was back in september when he first got the courage to confess to the girl he liked since his 3rd grade, He should be confident. He's good looking, rich and has everything a woman could ever like for a man to be her boyfriend. But somehow on that day, something felt so wrong.. really , really wrong.

"i'm sorry Minho-ssi." The girl uttered standing nervously in front of a wide-eyed Minho. How can this be!?  Girls like him, damn, girls want to be with him. He is just perfect and why? Why is she rejecting him?? Such thoughts are floating inside Minho's head. "why.... are.. you.." he cant even say it.

why are you rejecting me?

He still can't believe it. Impossible. He always receives love confessions thrice a week... and now..?

"I.. I already like someone else..." she said in a very low pitch voice without looking at him in the eyes. Probably scared? Embarassed? Yeah right. The girl already likes someone else... Minho clench his fist upon hearing her reason. 'So that's it!' he thought. The reason why he was dumped is because of another person.

"Who?" he asked, frowning and still eager to know the answer.

"Taemin...oppa..." she shyly said. Minho clenched his fist tighter after seeing a small blush from the girl he likes. "Oppa!?? that young kid? why are you calling him oppa?? And what did you even liked in him? he's skinny and feminine and looks so weak!" he said in an almost very loud voice. "no.. we're already going out... that's why.."

Damn. So someone had already confessed before him.

"I cant believe this." He angrily stormed out the unoccupied classroom and left without even saying goodbye.

For a junior to get the girl he loves so fast, there must be really something with that Taemin guy.

 

 

 

 

 

"Hhnnh--Hahahaha!!" Key snickered, still trying to supress his laugh inside to avoid too much attention but still , end up laughing really really hard. But really, who would reject Choi Minho? The ing Choi Minho!??

Minho immediately frowned and felt embarassed after hearing his bestfriend laughed, he felt so insulted because instead of saying things to keep him calm, Key laughed instead. "I thought you're my bestfriend. How could you laugh at me when i'm being serious?" He said glaring right at him. Key suddenly took a deep breath to calm himself. But when he looked at his friend again, he suddenly burts into laughter. "Hahahaha!! i'm sorry, I really cant just believe that you were --" Minho immediately placed his hand on Key's mouth to prevent him from saying the next word. He cant let the other students find out that he was rejected. Much to his disappointment, he was dumped because of a junior. "Cant you just keep quiet!??" Minho said , panicking. Key immediately shoved Minho's hand away from him . "Why are you worried!? that's okay. You can still find someone new and live happily ever after!"

He's teasing him. Minho knows Key is teasing him. And he's really enjoying this. "You know I hate such stupid things right?" Minho asked . Key shrugged. "hmmmm... do I?" Now he's regretting that he even told him the worst thing that ever happened in his entire life. Key is really not helping him out either.

"dammit Key. Thanks for all the support , you're really my bestfriend"

Just then when worse comes to worst, Minho saw the last person he wants to cross path with in the cafeteria -- with the girl he likes of course. "oh my god they look so good together." Key said while grinning. "I can kill you now but I wont cause I have a conscience" He replied.

This is really the worst day ever.

 

 

Just looking at the thin figure which is few meters away from him makes him want to murder everyone else in the cafeteria. Indeed, Taemin is so popular like him for many reasons. The kid has been popular ever since the first day of school. He gathered too much attention with his appearance. He may looked a bit feminine but don't get fooled (he went to school wearing a white v neck shirt which exposed a bit of his collarbones and a ripped pants on the first day of school. FIRST.DAY.OF.SCHOOL.) Not just that, the kid is also quite a charmer and everyone likes him. Minho even lost half of his 'fans' because of Taemin's arrival. And now , he even lost the girl he likes... And for that, he hated Taemin more. More than fairytales.

He keeps on eyeing him. Watching his every moves. He's pretty sure this guy has his own bad points. Until Taemin noticed him staring. Minho immediately averted his gaze hoping that Taemin wouldn't notice (but he did so it's no use)  . Taemin stood up and walk towards Minho and Key's seat. "M-minho!! he's coming here!!!" Key said, bumping his elbow against him.  They planned to leave and act like nothing happened but before they do it, Taemin was already standing right infront of them.

"hello!"  Taemin approached them with that heart warming smile he always have.

"h-hello..." Key replied. "i am Lee Taemin!" he said offering his hands. Key lightly shook it. He was a bit overwhelmed by the kid's friendly act. "Hello!" Taemin turned to Minho. But Minho wasn't in the mood to make all gaga and friendly over Taemin. Taemin ignored Minho's glare and said "I'm lee taemin. i saw you staring at me, maybe something is wrong?" .  "I'm not staring at you brat. Now go back to your seat because i'm busy." Minho rudely said. Taemin slightly furrowed his eyebrows. Whoa. Maybe Minho should really try to act ruder to him than he intended to. "didn't you hear me? Leave brat." Minho said again. "I was just trying to know if there is something wrong because-"  "No. there's nothing wrong than you being a brat." Minho blurted out. Key stared at his friend and slapped him in the arms. "Hey!" Key said. He will win if he get this kid mad, he thought. Just then a grin starts to form in Taemin's lips. "Are you angry.... because i'm going out with Sulli and you were rejected.?" Taemin said it a little bit too loud. Students starts to whisper with each other in shock. The smile Minho has slowly starts to fade away.

He wont let this kid see another sunrise.

But of course, he have to calm down first. If he starts a fight, he will surely look guilty and people will feel pity on him. So he tried to force a smile again. "of course not. I have a lot of girls out there. You can have her. i dont really need her." Minho said without thinking. Taemin suddenly made an exage 'shocked' reaction. "Oh my! How can you say that? Girls are to be treated with respect and love... but you can easily throw her like that? I cant believe you're like that Choi!" . He's really getting on his nerves. Before Minho could do anything else, Key pulled Minho and said "we're leaving it's nice meeting you taemin. goodbye."

 

 

"AAHHH! Did you hear that?? you heard that right? you saw it! That guy!! he's such a brat!! he's really a brat!" Minho kept on complaining all day.

"Will you shut up?? if you think first before you speak, you wouldn't have gotten in that trouble!" Key said, feeling so annoyed from listening to Minho's complains. "There is something with him! i knew it! damn that guy!"  Minho said almost cursing Taemin. If he can, he will surely do it. "I know there is. but it was your fault on the very first place . If you just controlled your anger and stayed calm, none of this would have happened. Now if you wont stop right now, you will surely be the next headline in our school newspaper!" Key said. He really cared about his friend. But sometimes Minho just don't do anything right.

 

The next day , Key was right, Minho was really on the newspaper (though not the headline) . Minho suffered being the center of attention for weeks because of Taemin's clever act.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

A year had passed and Minho graduated with flying colors. Just as he thought he can finally live in peace without Taemin being anywhere near- the person he hated the most suddenly appeared in his University.. now the rest of his entire years in his new school is officially ruined.. Nice.

"What is he doing here!!?" Minho asked Key who's busy taking notes . "I dont know! why are you asking me??" he replied. Minho hates it when he cant have his friend's attention so he grab his notebook playfully. "yah! Minho! give it back!" Key demanded. "I saw him! I thought I just mistaken him with some other student but when I looked at him closely, I know it's him! that brat is here!!! Even if he changed his hair color and make it longer i knew it was him, I will never forget that face even if I die." Minho said.

"I dont care Minho. I know that you hate him and you always say that you do so cant you just give me my notebook because I HAVE SOMETHING TO FINISH!!" Key demanded again. "No. You have to help me find out why he is here!!! You knew that he destroyed my precious school years!! first , he started the issue about me being rejected, then he put bubble gum in my seat, after that he stole my test paper that's why i failed my trigo and one of the worst, he locked me in the bathroom stall!!" Key narrowed his eyes, literally not impressed by Minho's statement. Finally, he starts to speak again and said,  "you have no proofs in any of that Minho. You are just basically making accusations." Key said.  "I'm not! ever since I met that guy I swear ! Nothing great has ever happened in my life!" Minho retorted. "you're crazy. give me my notebook NOW" Key said.

"You have to help me Key!" Minho insisted.

"NO." Key replied without hesitation.

"please??"

"No is no."

"I will do your notes."

Key paused for a moment and think.

"Okay. what are we going to do?"

 

 

And that's how everything started.

Key isn't even sure why he's doing this. Taemin can freely go to any school that he wants, and more than that, they dont own the school to tell them who and which students aren't allowed to go. But of course he have to help his friend.

And he's too lazy to do his notes.

They found themselves inside the library, spying at Taemin. "He sure got a lot of books to work on." Key said. "I dont care. I just want to know why he's here!" Minho replied. Key harshly hit Minho in the head with his hands. "Aww!!" Minho gazed at his friend with those confused look at his face asking 'why?'

"You know Minho, if you really want to know why he's here, why don't you just go straight to him and ask! Why the do we have to do this??" Key said , irritated. Minho immediately stole a glance at Taemin to make sure he wasn't aware of what's happening. "I cant do that! I hate that guy!" Minho told him. "Minho, We're wasting a lot of time here, Just let him be here and move on!"  "Fine. let's leave but you have to do your notes." Minho said almost standing from the seat where they are both hiding. "Fine!!" Key pulled him down. He should better stick with his friend than do those 30 paged notes. "You're too loud!!" Minho said.

"hey guys!" The both of them turned their heads up and saw Taemin looking down at them. Busted!

The two immediately stood up to fix their appearance. "What are you guys doing?" Taemin asked. "Nothing really." Key answered. On the other hand, Minho kept his silence and didn't say a thing. "the two of you seemed so busy over something, I shouldn't have interrupted.." Taemin made it sound a bit dirty . "Excuse me??" minho finally spoke. "hahaha! i'm just kidding!!"  Taemin chuckled. "I guess I have to go. Maybe we could see each other next time, we're aquaintances after all." Taemin said. "Ah wait! Taemin-sshi!"  "What is it Key?" he asked. "Why did you... chose this school, I mean, there are a lot of great schools out there but you chose to enter here... why?" Key asked. He did it. He knew Minho wouldn't do it because of pride. "Why are you asking me that?" Taemin asked him back.   "Nothing... it's just for our homework, we have to interview the new students, and i thought maybe I should ask you because I know you." Key said as an excuse. Taemin fell for it though. "I've been wanting to go to this school even before. I have a dream to fulfill here... and dont think you're the reason why I chose this school Choi." Taemin said ,  smiling then winking right at him.

After that, he left.

Just then Minho felt something inside him. He don't know what it is. His eyes were stuck at the back of the slender figure slowly walking away from his sight.. He never saw Taemin smiled before. He only see those fake and cocky smiles, and whenever he smile, for Minho it's always annoying and irritating. But today is different... and he didn't expected it..

Maybe there is really something special in this school.

 

 

 

 

Days passed and nothing strange have happened. Minho continues to do the things he always do, He never see Taemin that often and it starts to bug him why. He usually never cared, in fact he never cared and just wants to remove his existense in this world. Maybe he isn't just so used that Taemin isn't doing anything to irritate him lately.

"Minho!!! you didn't passed your project!!" His teacher shouted at him causing the other students to giggle. "Ah- Sir, about that--"   "What excuses do you have again!?? I wont ignore this anymore!" .  . He forgot to do his project because he prioritized Key's notes. "You are going to do 5 hours of service after class! do you understand!?" His teacher angrily shouted. "Yes sir."

 

5 hours of service is nothing compared to his last punishment. (He was forced to clean the pool and do 2 more hours of service) . It is just an easy thing for him. His teacher assigned him to clean the last room in the 3rd floor. The room is rarely used and needs to get a good clean. Piece-of-cake. He thought. He carried the cleaning materials that he needs . The 3rd floor is dark and silent because there are no students there anymore. However, he heard a very  small sound from the last room. It shocked him at first. Perhaps he is not alone. He have to check. Though Minho isn't scared of ghosts, (he dont believe in folklores, ghost stories etc), He stll cant help but feel a bit nervous and terrified. He's getting nearer and nearer until he saw the door was a bit open. He tried to peek a little and saw a person dancing with passion, But he cant see the face properly because the person is wearing a hoodie. He couldn't get a good view so he tried to open the door a bit more, unfortunately, he accidentaly pulled one of the wires and the dvd player suddenly stopped.

This caught the attention of dancer. Minho, who was shocked and embarassed immediately entered the room without hesitation and tried to put the wire back to the socket again. "i'm sorry , I was just amazed by your moves that I cant help not to stare" He said , still busy in returning back the wire to where it was placed.

"It's okay"

A familiar voice said. Minho was startled upon hearing the familiar voice that it made him stop what he was doing. It couldn't be... He turned his head to face the person and he's not  wrong.

"you--" 

Taemin removed his hoodie and said,

"what me?" . Then he grinned. He walked towards Minho and crouched beside him . Then he stole the cable wires from the other's hand and fix it himself. Minho is still speechless. "What are you doing here silly?" Taemin asked with a playful tone in his voice. "I... does it matter?" Minho asked when he finally got his senses back.

"it doesn't . but since you're here, why dont you tell me anyway?" Taemin answered. Minho suspiciously looked at him. And Taemin saw it. "hahaha! why do you keep on looking at me like that? PA-BO." he asked in a cheerful and naughty voice then stick his tongue out. "What!?" Minho furrowed his eyebrows when he heard the unfamiliar word.  "nothing." Taemin said, still smiling. Suddenly, Minho felt it again. The weird feeling he doesn't even know what. Minho looked at him again and this time -- not in a suspicious way. It's more like, curious, and very tender.

"sometimes, you look at me like you can kill me... then you will look at me like you want to say something.. and now, why are you looking at me..like that?" Taemin said eyes fixated on him. "What are you saying brat?" Minho said. "Are you falling in love with me?" Taemin suddenly asked. Then there's silence. Taemin laughed at his own joke. Maybe his joke sounded weird that it's hard to find it funny at all. "i'm just kidding!!. I know you wont." he said. He stood up and went to his original position. "umm... Minho, can you please click 'play'?" He asked. Surprisingly, Minho listened to him and did as what he was told. And there he is, watching Taemin dance in awe. He can just dance even without music. He thought. For Minho, it is one of the most amazing things that he have ever seen. He's completely lost and amazed. Every move is beautiful and very precise, Taemin just looks so graceful while dancing .. and even if Minho hated him, he have to admit that this person really got a great talent.

The dance practice ended and Taemin insisted on helping Minho with his chores. Minho was not sure why Taemin was doing this, but still he let him do it. It's getting dark and they have to finish everything as soon as possible.

 

 

 

Fortunately, his work is done (thanks to Taemin's help), it's a little dark but they can still go home safe.

They both walked outside the school together. The time passed by so slow, and minutes felt like hours. No one is talking.

"thanks." Minho said just to break the awkward silence. From the corner of his eyes, he can see Taemin smiling . "You're welcome"

"I dont know why you insisted on helping me when we don't really have a beautiful past together." Minho said. Taemin stared at him for a brief moment and let out a small chuckle. "Why so?" Minho asked , narrowing his eyes in confusion.

"Because I really don't know why you hate me so much back then." The younger said.

"You don't know?"

"I know that it was my fault why you were dumped by Sulli.. and it was also my fault why some of your classmates starts teasing you.. but other than that, I cant remember any other things that I did to you."

Minho stopped walking and Taemin also did.

"B-but you put a gum on my seat before! and you also stole my test paper!"

"That was not me"

"Really!?" Minho asked, shocked by the fact that he believed something that isn't true for years-- And even hated someone for that.

"How about when I was locked in a bathroom stall... was that you?"

"No. Why would I do that? If you're talking about the last stall in the men's comfort room, that was broken right? You probably locked your own self inside without you noticing it." Taemin explained.

Minho starts mentally kicking himself for his stupidness.

'Idiot, idiot' He keep on mumbling to himself.

Taemin tilted his head slightly to his left. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Y-yes!!" Minho quickly said.. "I'm really sorry Taemin."

Taemin smiles at him, "So you thought I did all of that??"

Even if he's embarassed to say it, "Yes. I thought you did all those things to me."

Taemin widened his eyes a bit.. then bursted into laughing. Grin starts to form on Minho's lips as he saw Taemin laughing hysterically. "Yah! What's so funny??" Minho asked. "Because I cant believe you thought I did all of that! hahaha!! You're a very interesting person Minho-ssi!"

"What!! But you still owe me for making fun of me in the cafeteria! You were the reason why that Onew put me in the school newspaper!" Minho said.

"Hahaha! whatever." Taemin said and sticked his tongue out.

They  reached the street where they both have to seperate ways, but Minho felt like he cant let Taemin walk alone at this kind of hour (it was his fault in the very first place). It wasn't dark when they left the school, but now the streets are really really dark and even the post  lamp cant help as it only gives off a very dim light so he insisted on walking Taemin back to his house. "you should ride a bus if you're going home. your house is really far" Minho said. "that's why I told you not to come. I can manage." Taemin said and smiled at him again. ... Slowly, Minho felt like smiling back at the younger. "WAIT! YOU SMILED!!!" Taemin said pointing at him with an accusing tone in his voice. "I didn't ." Minho teased. "You did! I saw it!" Taemin said . "I didn't" Minho said again.

 

 

 

Days had passed since the little incident in the last room in 3rd floor and Minho never thought that there would be a day wherein he and Taemin could walk together in peace. I mean, he hates him. He hated him. But because of some weird turning of events, everything has changed.

They grew closer. And it is very unexpected.

"Yah! Choi Minho!" Key shouted trying to snap Minho back to reality. He's acting weird lately and Key is worried. "What's happening to you? you're always spacing out whenever we're inside the class!!" He said. "Have you seen Taemin dance??" Minho asked with a huge grin on his face. Key furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "I haven't ..." Key replied. "He's awesome! He's really great at dancing, he's like a pro!" Minho kept on complimenting Taemin and  Key doesn't know why, Just a few weeks ago, his friend is literally cursing Taemin , now.... he's praising him?? "and God, I have never seen that brat move like that!" Minho continued.. "Who cares Minho, you're like a 5 year old kid who just saw a magic from a magician." Key said. "You're mean." Minho said. "i'm not mean , you're really just ---"   Key suddenly stopped on speaking when he saw Taemin walking towards them. "What?" Minho asked, and he turned his gaze to see what just made Key froze for a bit.

"HEY MINHO!" Taemin shouted as he approached the two . Minho's face lit up when he saw Taemin and he wave at him enthusiastically.

and Key saw it ... and he felt it. There is definitely something going on.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Minho never thought that he will enjoy Taemin's company. First, he was a little hesitant ... but then he found himself waiting outside the last room in the 3rd floor. He wants to see him, to see him dance again. He thought Taemin will ask him to leave, but  instead, Taemin opened the door and smiled at him. And after that, it became a daily routine. They always meet after class to watch Taemin practice dancing. After that they would go to the nearest coffee shop and have some quality time together. Sometimes, during weekends, they would text or call each other and watch movies . It was fun. And he is happy .

 

 

 

"Why do you hate fairytales?" Taemin asked one Sunday afternoon. They were sitting in a bench , tired after jogging in the park for hours. Minho didn't respond . Instead, he just looked at him probably shocked that Taemin wants to know. "What? I'm curious." Taemin said.

"Because.. I dont know, ever since I was young, I really hate listening to my teacher telling stories, I guess I just find it really childish." Minho explained. "....Childish. Really." Taemin raised his one eyebrow , looking unimpressed. "Yah, why are you looking at me like that!?" Minho asked , bringing his face closer to Taemin's making them just few centimeters away from each other.

Taemin was startled and the huge grin on Minho's face slowly starts to fade when he realised what he just did. He quickly moved back to his seat and then silence starts to fill the air.

"you.. why do you love dancing?" Minho asked him back just to brush off the awkwardness.

"hmmm.... because when i'm dancing, I feel like I have freedom, There's always that feeling inside my chest whenever i'm dancing.... and I have this dream... The reason why I went to your school is for a certain competition. If I won that competition, I would be the happiest person on Earth." Taemin said. Minho watched him smile, and he didn't noticed the smile that starts to form in his lips as he watches Taemin talking about dancing with passion and sincerity.

 

 

 

 

 

It was in February when Taemin asked Minho to visit his house, and he agreed. Minho's mother really likes Taemin a lot, she would occasionally bake cupcakes and chocolate chips whenever he's around. Then they would both play chess together or watch movie or go to the malls ... and just.. have fun. Minho has a dog too which he named Rucho. Rucho has also grew fond of Taemin and when he's there, he always ignores Minho and comes to Taemin instead, Minho felt some sort of betrayal because of that.. But he likes it.

"Rucho likes me more than you!" Taemin teased while patting the golden retriever lightly.

"What!? He's just being friendly! he likes me more!" Minho grumbled. Taemin chuckled at Minho's cute angry reaction.

"Rucho, you like me more than him right?" Taemin asked the dog as if it can really answer him.... And the dog barked twice.

"See?? He likes me! I like you too!! Should I bring you home? I'll give you many food because your owner doesn't give you anything right? poor thing.." Taemin said.

"Yah! i'm giving him food! come here Rucho, show him who do you love the most!" Minho kneeled and clap his hand twice , it caught Rucho's attention at first .. but then he ignored him again .

"hahahaha!! see, he loves me!" Taemin teased and stick his tongue out.

"Rucho you traitor!!"  Minho said in a playful manner.

And Taemin laughed because of Minho's obvious jealousy. "Yah Taemin! why are you laughing at me!? " he asked him. "Nothing. I guess because everyone loves me more than you."  he teased again. "you brat! why!? who do you love more!? Rucho or ME!?" 

.

.

SNAP.

Why did he asked that!? The smiles disappears slowly away from their faces... and everything starts to get serious. They stared at each other's eyes for a moment, and then there's an awkward silence. Minho is mentally kicking himself for asking such a stupid question. But he cant speak. What is he waiting for anyway? Answer?

The dog suddenly stood up and left them as if it is both giving them a privacy. "L-look! Rucho is leaving! hey Rucho come back!" Taemin shouted.  He was about to run after the dog when Minho grab him by his wrist. "You.... didn't answer me" Minho said. Where is this nervousness coming from? Why is he so eager to know the answer?

After a minute of silence and just staring at each other, Taemin decided to speak.

"You."

He simply stated. Then gave him a charming smile. Minho starts to loosen his grip on Taemin, After hearing those words, he wonders why he cant help but feel so relieved.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

"Hey Minho, what's going on... between you and Taemin?" Key asked .. Minho was a bit taken aback by his bestfriend's question. "I just want to know since were friends! I noticed you are always happy and you never ask me to go outside anymore.." Key said, frowning. "Nothing. Nothing is going on between us..." Minho answered.

"But what do you feel about him?" Key asked again.

"What are you saying I  ---"

yes. what does he feel about him?

Minho suddenly paused for a moment and didn't bother finishing what he was saying.. The question suddenly made him aware of himself.  What does he feel about Taemin?

They're friends... but he never felt this way before with Kibum.

"I dont know." He uttered.  Those 3 words were simple, and straight. Yet, Key had already gotten his own idea. "Are you... gay?" Key asked.

"WHAT!? i'm not! What are you saying Key?!" Minho said trying to defend himself.

"Relax! It was just that you didn't gave me a concrete answer when I asked you about your feelings for him!" Key said.

"I'm not Key! i'm not gay! I dont like him! I have no feelings for Lee Taemin! I'm straight okay!?" Minho angrily said. He stood up and turned his back to leave his friend... but he saw him . Right infront of him. He probably heard everything. And those eyes that were once glistening with happiness are now looking at him with such eyes he don't even know what. Disappointed? Hurt? They stood there for a minute and stared at each other, that is , until Taemin broke the gaze and starts to walk away from him.

"Wait! Taemin" He ran after him and grab his arms making the other ceased from walking away. "What you heard....."  Minho wants to say that it's not what he was thinking, that it isn't what he really meant.. but the words seems so hard to produce that he couldn't say a thing. "It's okay Minho. We're nothing like that.. and of course I knew that you're not. We're both not... so I'm glad that that is how you feel about me." Taemin simply stated and softly removed Minho's grip from his arms. "I have a practice. I need to go." Taemin said, without looking at him, like he's trying not to convey all his emotions. "I... I want to watch!" Minho said. "No. I want to practice all by myself." Taemin said and smiled -- but his eyes suggest the opposite, then he turned around and left .

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

It has been 2 weeks and Taemin haven't called him since then.. And whenever he sees him at school, Taemin would always say , " I'm busy Minho. I have to go." . Minho knew that Taemin is trying to avoid him.

And he knew why.

but he's afraid to face it.

Not now.

So he just let the younger leave. Minho knows that if this continues, he will lose him. He will lose the person he cared..more than anyone else.

"Minho!!!!" Key shouted running towards him. "Minho!" Key said again and stopped to take a breath. He's scoffing heavily as if he dashed a thousand miles just to get to him. "What is it?" Minho asked lazily and emotionless probably because of the things that he's going through right now..  "I- Taemin!!" . Minho's once emotionless face suddenly changed after hearing Taemin's name. "W-what happened!?" Minho asked him nervously. But Key finds it hard to speak because he's still trying to catch his breath. "WHAT IS IT KEY!?" Minho asked again, shaking his friend a bit harsh than what is intended. "He... he got into an accident Minho..."

The answer was short.

And it's hard for him to emphasize the words. "W-where is he?" Minho asked.

 

 

 

 

 

He's counting every seconds that passes, hoping it's not too late. Hoping that everything would be okay. He's feeling so unsettled that he cant relax.. Key put his hand on the back of his friend, patting it lightly. Minho look at him and his friend smiled , reassuring him that everything will be okay.

"He's on his way to school when he didn't noticed a car that's was approaching really fast. he was hit by it"

 

 

 

 

"You cant Taemin... you cant die.."

 

 

 

***

 

"The prince watch as his princess continues on sleeping, but the prince wants to wake her up so he kisses her on the lips. It only took one simple peck in the lips to wake the sleeping princess"

 

 

 

 

But this is reality.

And the real reason why Minho hated fairy tales isn't because he finds them childish. It's because they give impossible hopes to people. It's because he knew that magic doesn't really exist and one simple kiss couldn't save a life. He knew it when his grandmother was in the hospital. The grandmother he loved. The one who always read him stories before he goes to sleep. And when she was attacked by a certain disease, he didn't know what to do.

"Grandma.. you're gonna be better right? let's go home . I want you to read stories for me." Minho whispers to his grandma.

His grandmother looked at him so weakly.

"Come Minho. grandma, has to rest." His mother said.

Just then , tears slowly starts to roll down in Minho's cheeks. "Grandma, if you want to rest, you can always rest at home. I promise i'd be a good boy from now on!" Minho said.

And his grandma only smiled sweetly in return.

After that, his grandmother closed her eyes. And passed away, right in front of him. "Grandma!? Grandma! GRANDMA!!!"

 

 

 

 

 

"Mother.. where is grandma now?" Minho asked his mother while they are in the funeral.

"Grandma wants to be with grandpa. They're together now." She said.

"Doesn't she want to stay with us?" He asked her again.

"Of course she does. But grandma.. really loves your grandpa." She explained.

"I dont want her to go yet.  She said that a kiss could wake someone. I kissed her in the cheeks but she never woke up." Minho said.

"It's okay my son. She's in peace now."

And that's when he realize that everything he thought is fake... and he hated it.

 

 

 

 

 

Minho kept on blaiming himself for what had happened. He should be there so he can save him... he wants to save him ... But he wasn't there. He wasn't there when he needed him the most.

So Minho is just there sitting...and praying that nothing worse will happen.

They were there for few hours. And hours felt like years. Suddenly, Key returned to Minho wearing half-hearted smile.

"What? How is he??"

"The doctor said that he's now safe."

Key said. Minho sighed for relief after hearing those words.

"But his legs were paralyzed."

.

.

"W-what?" Minho is shocked, he wasn't expecting to hear that.. and that couldn't happen.. because if that happens...

"Taemin... won't be able to dance anymore?"

"Yes." Key replied. "That's impossible Key! I cant allow that to happen! He can still dance right? it's his passion, he have to dance!" Minho said. He wants him to live.

To be able to live and dance. But now that his legs were paralyzed... how can that happen now? "Relax Minho!" Key said trying to calm his friend by pulling him with his shoulders down to sit. "he's still alive" . "No. you dont understand, Taemin is...."

 

"hmmm.... because when i'm dancing, I feel like I have freedom, There's always that feeling inside my chest whenever i'm dancing.... and I have this dream... The reason why I went to your school is for a certain competition. If I won that competition, I would be the happiest person on Earth."

 

"AAGGHHHH!!!!" A loud scream suddenly echoed. The doctor and some nurses immediately ran to Taemin's designated room. "What happened, what happened!!?" Minho asked the nurse. "Sir calm down" She said. "No. tell me!!!" 

"Yah! Minho would you stop that! She have to do her job let her go!" Key said. "Key what is that? I--" "no, no. It will be okay..."

 

 

 

 

After a few minutes, the doctor went out of the room and Minho went to him to ask what had happened. "The pain killers suddenly lost it's effectiveness and we have to give him tranquilizers to calm him down." The doctor said. "Doctor, does he know about the paralization of his legs?"  

Please say no. 

Please say no.

But what's the point of not knowing? He'll eventually find it out later.

 

Please. Just ing say no!

 

 

 

 

 

"Yes."

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Days passed and people in the hospital constantly hear Taemin's loud scream and protest. He was too devastated when he found out that he can no longer dance. He didn't accept any visitors either. Not even Minho. And Minho wants to understand him. But it was too much that he can no longer wait to see Taemin. He knew that he is suffering too much because of the accident, and he wants to help him.

Minho went straight to the hospital after his last period ended. Nurses told him that he is not allowed to enter the room but he insisted so they let him in. "If something happens call us immediately." The nurse said. "I will" Minho was thankful that the nurse let him visit Taemin even just this once. He was always there .. but never been inside the room.

The room is a bit spaceous but gloomy, The lights were all closed but there's still sunlight to make the room bright enough. The television is open but Taemin isn't watching at all. He's just there staring outside the window. Minho wondered if Taemin noticed that he entered the quiet room. He silently put the fruits that he bought earlier on the table.

"Why are you here?" Taemin asked , not bothering to look at the man standing at the edge of his bed.

"I bought some fruits . Do you want me to peel them off for you?" Minho asked.

"No. Leave." Finally, Taemin turned his head to face him. Taemin has changed since the accident, he got thinner and lifeless. Minho heard that Taemin doesn't want to eat the foods the nurses brings to him. "I will stay here for the night to guard you." Minho said and tried his best to smile, but deep inside, he's truly hurt because of Taemin's rejection. "I said leave. Do you not know what that means?" Taemin rudely asked. "i dont want to go. I want to stay with you." Minho said. "NURSE!! TAKE THIS MAN OUT OF HERE!!" Taemin shouted to call the nurses' attention. "I want to stay with you!" Minho said again. "NO! i dont want you! I dont want to see your face. I dont want to see any of you! I dont want you here so leave! Get the ing out of here idiot!" Taemin said pointing out the door.

"Yes. I'm really an idiot so I wont listen to you." Minho said. He went beside Taemin and started peeling the orange. After he's done, he divided it into two and seperated each pieces. Then put it in the plate. "Here eat this." Minho offered.

"NO! eat that by yourself" Taemin shouted.

"You're so stubborn aren't you?"

"Go!!! I want you to go!" Taemin said again. "Why do you keep on pushing me away when I'm already here!? I want to take care of you!" Minho said. His eyes are sincere .

"i dont need you to take care of me!" Minho went nearer and took a hard grip on Taemin's wrist.

"Right now, I am so pissed by your action so stop acting like a brat and start eating."

"Why are you doing this? You dont have to do this! I couldn't do anything for you in return! You see? i can no longer walk! I will be stuck in a chair forever! Stop acting like you care! Stop doing it cause it hurts me!" Taemin said . His tears starts to form at the corner of his eyes.

"Why? why does it hurt you? Tell me why!"

"BECAUSE I.... !" He paused for a moment, unsure if he should tell him what he really feels. "no. it doesn't matter. There's no need for you to know it anyway... Just go." Taemin continued.

"I want to know. I want to hear. Say it."  Minho went closer again. So close that their faces were just few centimeters away from each other.

But Taemin kept his silence .

"SAY IT." Minho repeated.

.

.

"I.. I love you! I LOVE YOU OKAY! I love you you dumb bastard! I love you ever since I saw you! And I hate it! I ha-"

 

 

Minho closed the gaps between them.

He kissed him. The other was shocked by his sudden action, but then he gave in,. Taemin closed his eyes and kissed him back. The kiss was slow, soft and gentle . Then Taemin leaned and tilted his head slightly and Minho moved forward. They explored each other's mouth with tongues skillfully twisting. The sensation is too strong they cant seem to stop, They dont even care if someone suddenly walk in and saw them.. they just want this moment to last.

Taemin slightly broke the kiss to catch his breath.

"W-why?" He asked while his arms still spun around Minho's neck.

"Do I have to say that?"

"I want to hear it."

"I love you too." Minho replied.

"But you said...."

"Ssshh." Minho shuts him up with another kiss. And then Minho bumped his forehead with Taemin's. The younger smiled at him and said,

"Are you not going to get tired of me?"

"No."

 

"Are you not going to find someone else?"

"No."

 

"Are you going to stay with me forever?"

Minho grinned playfully at him and said, "There's no such thing as forever.... But i'm willing to take chances.. so let's live happily.. ever after.. okay?"