Glitch in the System

Dancing on My Own

 

             He knew he must look like a hot mess right now, but he couldn't find it in himself to give a damn. The music had him in its clutches, reflecting the same sorrow he held deep within his heart. As the last portion of the song played his body gracefully twisted and his arms extended in the correct position toward the ceiling. In the silence only his panting breath could be heard. With each intake of air he fought of thoughts of him. It was a tad bit ironic really when he gave it careful consideration. Dancing was the thing he loved the most, besides him, and let him forget everything in his life. For lack of better phrasing it let him simply escape harsh reality. Its was also the same thing that brought back bittersweet memories, of him. Memories he treasured close to his heart but at the same time hated because they were so long ago at a time where he was practically glued to his hip.

               Kibum puffed out his cheeks before slowly releasing both his breath and his finishing pose. His thin fingers began to rub the back of his neck trying to relax the building tension there before moving up to his forehead to remove blond strands of hair clinging almost desperately there. He cringed at the sticky feeling of sweat he felt and moved out of his private dance room to his bedroom. As he walked to his master bathroom he caught sight of the time, only 8 pm on a Friday night. Without thinking of it he gathered all his necessities for his shower. Suddenly he felt so tired, he glanced longingly at his bed from his spot in the bathroom, but moved to turn on the water. No way was he going to sleep in his amazing bed all sweaty and nasty. He adjusted the temperature before quickly stripping out of his sticky clothing. Kibum sighed in bliss as the water caressed  his skin, rinsing away the hard earned sweat and relaxing his tired body. Blindly he reached out and grabbed a bottle of body wash.

              As soon as he popped the cap he froze the scent reached his nose and he bit his bottom lip before it could start to quiver. 'Damn him' The blond resisted the strong urge to inhale the smell, he knew it would only make things worse. Placing the bottle back he grabbed the correct one and washed himself quickly wanting to get out of the shower. Kibum shut off the water and made his way to the fogged mirror while wrapping a towel around his slender waist. A pale hand  reached up to wipe away the residue only to write something in the mirror. Jonghyun. Kibum closed his eyes and wiped away the name. When his cat shaped eyes opened he was met with his reflection. His once lovely blond hair seemed dull to him, his skin was a unhealthy pale due to hours in his practice room, and a few blemishes were visible. He also noticed he lost weight. It was his eyes, however, that caught his attention the most. They seem dead, especially  with the dark rings surrounding them. What would Jonghyun think of him now? The blond turned away from the mirror and pulled on some boxers foregoing the sweat pants he pulled out earlier.

              He made his way to his bed grabbing a photo album along the way. Laying on his side he opens the book and the first picture he see is one of himself at the age of five pouting adorably at the camera. Page after page he flipped through, smiling at pictures of his family, laughing at those with his friends. Then he came across a section that contained his happiest moments. His cat eyes scanned the special cover page he made himself for the section. Kibum and Jonghyun Forever Baby!!  It was covered with hearts, keys and pawprints. The first picture was of him being fed by a smiling Jonghyun with his tri blond hair. Kibum let out a giggle remembering it took him five long months to wear down Jonghyun to dye his hair like that. He remember him pouting and lowering both his head and shoulders in defeat. Kibum kept browsing through the pictures, stopping every now and then to trace Jonghyuns face.

              After awhile he shuts the book and looks over at his nightstand where his phone sat. He reached over and grabbed it, glancing at the time 9:32 pm. before unlocking it and scrolling down his contact list. He hi-lights Jongie baby<3 and briefly considers calling him but knows he will just end up getting his voicemail. His career is always first. Kibum sighs before deciding to text him. He can't help but laugh at himself, it takes him twenty minutes for a short text. Then he frowns before actually sending the message. His heart beats frantically while his breath begins to shallow out as he realizes just how much that single text could change his life. Tears well up in his eyes as he sits and waits for a response from his boyfriend. His eyes never leave the screen of his phone for fear of missing the text.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

       "Thank you all for coming out, please keep supporting me!" Jonghyun smiles and bows before waving at the crowd before walking off stage. Shrugging out of his black blazer he heads to his private dressing room. His brown eyes close on their own as the make up noonas start removing his make up. He honestly couldn't stand make up, whats wrong with being natural? He told that to Kibum all the time. Kibum god how he missed him and his beautiful smile. His lips curved up into a smile before he stop himself. Once the noonas were finished he stood up and grabbed a towel to dry the sweat off his body. Tugging off his shirt he looks in the mirror, taking in his abs which now were lightly defined as were his pecs, his arms were toned and well defined. He ran the towel along his sharp jaw line and down the curve of his neck. Throwing the towel away he sat back down and reached for his trademark dogtags. His smile widened as he read the familiar words once again. I love you forever and always your Key. He looked at the other tag Property of Kim Kibum back off!! Jonghyun let out a small chuckle as his thumb ran over the words. 'Six more months until I can see him, and even then is only for a week.' Jonghyun shook his head trying to rid himself of thought of Kibum, they would only make him depressed.

       "Jonghyun you need to hurry we have a plane to catch you know! Our flight to Japan leaves in two hours and I would like you to get a few hours of sleep before you go on the radio talk show in the morning."

       Jonghyun rolls his eyes and reaches for his phone to check his messages. Two missed calls from his mother, and one from Jessica. He sighed when he noticed none of them were from Kibum. He was about to turn off his phone when he noticed he had  a text message. Scrolling down he clicked on the inbox, he was thrilled to find it was from Kibum.

 

From: Keybummielove<3

   Been waiting for far too long. Tired of dancing alone...

 

This wasn't the first time he got a message like this and it probably wasn't the last. He blew out a puff of air before texting his boyfriend back

 

To: Keybummielove<3

     I don't want you to dance alone sweet love. I'll be back before you know it  :)

          He hits the send button and smiles when the phone background appears, their friend Taemin took it. Kibum was standing there staring at something when Jonghyun bent backwards to place a kiss to his cheek. Just like Pandoras box memories seem to flood his mind but one stood out above the rest.

 

         "Get back here Bummie!" Kibum laughed and dodged his out reaching hand and ran around the table placing it between them. The younger boy eyes seemed to sparkle in the sunlight the crept through the kitchen window. "Come get me Jongie." Jonghyun ran around the table but Kibum being a sly fox he was foresaw this and ran the other way. The chase went on for awhile throughout the entire apartment. Just when it seemed Jonghyun had Kibum in his grasp he tripped over his own shoes he left out in the livingroom. Seeing Jonghyun faceplant made Kibum laugh even more. "See thats why I always tell you to put your shoes away, but no! Jonghyun is too great and knows better then me." Kibum literally just skipped away to the kitchen happily humming to himself. While he was being scolded by his boyfriend Jonghyun quickly devised a plan to ensnare his lover. "Ow." The older boy  glanced up and repeated it a bit louder. "Ow! Bummie it hurts!" All at once Kibum was at his side, his concerned eyes roaming over his body. "Where does it hurt Jongie?" Trying to be cute he pouts and points at his lips. "Here." Kibum slaps his chest and goes to get up, while Jonghyun rubs his chest. "You really had me worried stupid." Before he could escape the elder grins before pulling the younger back to the floor next to him. Jonghyun pulls himself above the now blushing Kibum and keeps him pinned there.

          "You are so beautiful Bummie, simply perfect. How did I get so lucky?" The boys blush darkens and he looks to the side avoiding Jonghyun intense stare. "Why are you so freaking cheesy all the time?" Jonghyun lowers his head to kiss Kibums temple before pulling away again. "I'm so sorry baby." Kibum looks up at him confusion plain in his eyes, especially when he see the elder grin. Then he feels it, Jonghyun fingertips softly trailing up his sides. His eyes widen as the fingertip start to dance over his sides and ribs. "NO JONG!"  The young boy erupts into a fit of laughter as Jonghyun continues to tickle him. As the body beneath him wiggles to get free Jonghyun can't help but think they make the perfect team, they were meant to be. He stops his hands and reaches to cup Kibums cheek. "I love you Kim Kibum, always and forever." He leans forward and connects their lips gently while his thumb lovingly Kibums perfect cheek bone. He sighs as Kibum respones and adds some pressure while letting his hands glide over the youngers body. Soone hands from both started wandering and tugging at clothes in the way. As more of Kibums delicious milky skin came into view Jonghyun felt like his heart was about to burst. Cold fingers ran along his jawline with enought strength to move his head, his eyes connected with Kibums. "I love you Kim Jonghyun. Make me yours completely, forever and always." Tan hands seemed to stand out against his pale flesh, Kibum eyes watched as they went to his boxers, the only thing keeping him from Jonghyun hungry gaze.

"KIM JONGHYUN!"

    He flinched as his manager yelled his name. He schooled his facial expression into a innocent one as he faced the man to his right.

""Get your stuff we're leaving now." Jonghyun grabs his stuff and checks his phone to see if Kibum ever texted him back. He finds that he has a new text from Kibum and clicks it open and reads it while he walks to the car.

 

From: Keybummielove<3

Thats all I get from you. I give my all to you and all you give me are broken promises

       Jonghyun gets into the car and rereads the message again before leaning his head on the window to see the world passing by. After a few minutes of world watching he rereads the message. 'Tired of being alone, broken promises?' He thinks about the last two messages and his heart stops. 'Is he thinking of leaving me?' Jonghyun vaguely feels the car come to a stop before opening his phone to reply to Kibum. He quickly taps the right buttons hoping to every god known to man that Kibum wouldn't leave him.

 

To: Keybummielove<3

Baby I'm just making a living for us. Please be patient I'm gonna be back soon to hold you in my arms just like I promised you. I love you Bummie

       Before he can press send the phone is yanked out of his hands. "Lets go Jonghyun we have a plane to catch." Jonghyun watch helplessy as his manager turns off his phone and places it in his pocket. "You'll get it back when we reach Japan. I need you to rest up."

"But I really need to contact someone right now" The manager raised a brow before shaking his head.

       "No Jonghyun lets go we will be boarding the plane shortly." Jonghyun sighs and grabs his carry on before getting out the car. On his way inside the airport he wonders if Kibum will stay up for his text and what he will think when he never gets one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Kibum stared at his phone waiting for the text message icon to appear. He ended up waiting an hour before giving into the tears that had been building up in his eyes every minute that went by. As he cries he pulls Jonghyun pillow into his arms, squeezing it tightly as his cries turn into heart wrenching sobs.

 

Gee gee baby baby gee gee baby

Kibums hand shot out of the covers and grabbed his phone off his nightstand and quickly answered. "Jonghyun?"

"Uh no its Taemin? I was wondering if you wanted to hangout today. Its been awhile since we last did and I want to dance with my Umma!"

        Kibum rubs his forehead tiredly as he kicks off the covers. He wishes he would have checked the caller id before picking up the phone. He loved the kid to death but after last night he wanted, no scratch that, needed to be alone. "I can't today Tae, maybe tomorrow? I'll even buy lunch and get you some banana milk."

"Sweet! Alright Umma I'll be there bright and early bye!"

        Kibum let out a sigh of relief and placed his phone back on the nightstand. After doing a quick stretch he gets up and heads to the kitchen to make himself some breakfast. He hears his phone start to ring again but this time ignores it and continues to the kitchen. He pulls out eggs and some bacon deciding on a western style breakfast. The phone flashes one missed call Jongiebaby<3. As he cracks open the first egg he hears a knock on the door. "So much for being alone today." Kibum rolls his eys as the knocking gets louder. "I'm coming jeez." He wipes his hands and makes his way to the door and pulls it open. "What do yo-" His voice stops in his throat and his eyes blink rapidly trying to process what he is seeing.

       Jonghyun smiles at him and gathers the shocked boy into his arms. "Told you I'd be back, told you I'll be home Bummie." He feels Kibum shake in his arms and rubs his back. "Its ok Kibum I'm here." Kibum sniffles and looks up to see Jonghyuns face.

      "You didnt text me back, didn't call me either. I thought-" More tears began to roll down his pale cheeks only to wiped away by tan fingers.

      "My stupid manager took my phone away from me. We had a delay at the airport so when he fell asleep I stole back my phone and left. I high tailed it back home baby. I called as soon as I was on this street but you didn't pick up. I freaked out thinking you didn't want me anymore and of course started banging on your door like I was crazy. Which I am for you." He grinned and winked at Kibum which earned his a slight slap on the chest.

      "I would have made you buy me a new one if you broke it." Kibum playfully narrowed his eyes at the man in front of him. "I'd buy a million sweet thing. Its so good to be back home." Jonghyun smiled and cupped Kibums face before leaning forward to claim his lips. Kibum closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around the elders neck smiling happily into the kiss. Looks like he won't be dancing alone again.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

AN: Hey guys Mercy here! So there you have it my first Fanfic on AFF. Hope you guys enjoyed it more will be coming later already got some ideas in my head.

I would of had this story up earlier but today received some horrible news. My friend was killed in I guess hit and run he was walking to the bus stop to go to work and was hit by a motorcycle. Didn't get all the details but I've known him for years and hes always been there for me. Decided to post this story today to kind of distract me from the pain for a bit. 

 

Also sorry for any mistakes didn't really proof read eyes hurt from both the screen and crying earlier today.