Girlfriend

Bestfriend/Girlfriend

She can’t help but keep smiling like a stupid when she receives a reply letter from JYPE. She needs to share this wonderful news or she’ll end up dying of happiness alone. So, she calls him, the very first person that pops on her mind. Spontaneously, she dials his numbers. For these past five years, not even once he ever turned her calls down.

Best friends. That’s what they are. Or what she thought so.

 

***

Five years ago, he mocked and laughed at her when she told him her dream as a singer.

Four years ago, he told her that he would stop mocking her and start supporting on her if she could beat him at sports, which was impossible.

Three years ago, he bought her a vanilla ice cream, her favorite one, when she failed her audition for the first time. Stop your crying! It’s embarrassing! (He told her when she started to cry again on their way home).

Two years ago, he took her to Fun Park when she failed for the second time. He insisted her to ride the roller coaster and scream as loud as she can. You need to let your depression out! Your sad face is ugly and it annoys me! (He grinned mischievously as he told her this).

A year ago, he came to the audition with such banners to support her, being all petty as he held the banners up and cheered uncontrollably loud to her. He said he had no choice but support her since she was being persistent to be a singer. I want to have a celebrity friend! (He was just could not be sincere without being playful).

A month ago, he hugged her tightly when she cried her heart out, being afraid that she might fail again. He took her in his warm embrace, assures her that he will be there whether she makes it or not.

***

 

“Hello”

“Yeeun?”

“Junhooo~” She misses him so bad that she can’t help but call him with aegyo, which never happened before.

“What’s up Park Oppa? You miss don’t you?” He answers her cockily, calling her with his favorite nickname. “And what’s with that aegyo? Stop it, Park Oppa! It doesn’t suit you!”

“I’m also a girl with full of aegyo, Junho”, she argues.

(Across the line Junho grins widely because he knows Yeeun will be pouting by now, hearing his answer. And he is right).

“So, what’s up Yeeun?”

 “I want to show you something. Meet me at 7:00! Usual place!”

“Oh.”

“What?”

“Can I call you later?”

“You dare to reject me Lee Junho?” Yeeun threatens him, pretending to be sulky.

 

What are you two? They got this from people many times. Best friends. That’s what their answers.

What are we? What am I to you? He asked her this, two month ago, before he left to study in another town.

Forever my best friend. She answered him then gave him a light peck on his cheek as a farewell.

 

                “Hey, you dare to reject me Lee Junho?”

                “Mmm…”

                “Junho?”

“I’m with my girlfriend right now. I’ll call you soon. Is that cool?”

“…”

 It should be fine since they are just best friends.

Best friends. That’s what she has been thought. That’s what she has been told him, for this entire time.

 “Yeeun?

“…”

“Park Oppa?”

“…”

But, why she finds herself cries so hard?

(Don’t be such a crybaby, Yeeun! Junho will tell her this every time she comes to him with her problems, crying).