1.3

Mosquito and the Boy with the Insect Repellent

 

"She's only 3... Isn't that story a bit too cruel? Shouldn't you be telling her Cinderella or Little Red Riding Hood or Sleeping Beauty or something like that?"

 

Arron turned to look at Jaejoong who was standing at the door. Jaejoong walked into the room and ruffled the sleeping Zoe's hair before he sat on the other side of her bed.

 

Arron shrugged. "She chose the story herself. Why aren't you down there with the rest of the gang? And you want people to believe that you're not gay..." He shook his head while smirking.

 

Three seconds later, he tensed up.

 

He looked at Jaejoong seriously, "Or are you a e?"

 

Jaejoong's eyes widened. A few minutes earlier he came up to see his friend and goddaughter whom he hasn't seen in a month, and this is what he gets? To be thought of as gay or even as a e?!

 

"Arron Wu are you out of your mind!? Gosh, sometimes I really wonder why Hebe chose you. Especially when I was there the whole time," Jaejoong whispered loudly, fighting the urge to shout at Arron. Being friends with Arron since middle school they basically grew up together. If anyone had to testify Arron and Hebe's relationship, Jaejoong would probably be the best shot, thanks to fate for drawing them into an awkward triangular relationship. Not wanting his best buddy to get hurt, he witnessed everything the couple had gone through.

 

Arron glared at Jaejoong, a message Jaejoong understood as something along the lines of "we'll talk about it later outside." Parently much? Lightly carassing Zoe’s hand, Jaejoong realized that she has already fallen into a pretty deep slumber. “Yup I’m sure she’s your child. Falls asleep in a snap just like the two of you do. I guess sleep comes before meeting your godfather, huh?”

 

“You can’t really blame her for that. It’s a rare day off for me so we went to the park and played for a while before dinner. On the other hand, you totally could’ve joined us earlier,” Arron reasoned. Jaejoong mentally made a note not to mention a little girl in any kind of negative tone in front of her father. Especially if she’s the only girl. The customer is always right? As if. The customer’s beloved child is always right.

 

“I give up. I’ll be downstairs helping Hebe with the cocktails. And probably check out what the other GUYS are doing” Jaejoong got off the bed and walked to the door. Even after being together for 10 years, out of which 4 as a married couple, Arron was still really protective of his wife. With the slight mention of Hebe being around other male beings without his supervision, Jaejoong felt the tension in the room shoot up a few notches. "I'll tell them you'll be down soon."


I'm so sorry for not updating earlier! :/

The idea for this story came and went...I knew what I want to write but couldn't figure out how to write it...

Hence this chapter, as you can tell, is a really crappy chapter. But I realized you'll probably need that background info. ^^"

I'll see what comes up to me next. And I promise it wouldn't take me another year to come up with that.