Chapter Three: When Light and Dark Meets...

Are We Destined to Be?

It was my first day in school and I was so excited. I looked at my schedule. 'Science ------------- Room 213' it read. I headed off to class.

When I got there, everyone was all messing around. I was scared. No one was paying attention to the teacher. The teacher looked at me.

"Are you... Yoona?" she asked.

I nodded slowly. "Ye..."

"Mianhae Yoona. I can't control this class that well..." she apologized. "I'm Mrs. Kim."

"Annyeong haseyo Mrs. Kim. It's okay. I'll wait as long as I need." said Yoona.

"Ah... you are such a nice girl Yoona... like an angel." she complimented.

"Eh? An Angel? Oh sorry teacher, I am not an angel!" I quickly denied, not knowing she was only comparing me to one.

"Relax Yoona." she laughed. "I wasn't being serious."

I was embarrassed. I have so much to learn...

Mrs. Kim turned and shouted at the class one last time. The class finally quieted down.

"Class, this is Yoona. She is a new student, everyone be nice to her. She has been home-schooled up until now." announced Mrs.Kim.

Almost automatically, I heard my new classmates whispering.

"Ah~ she's cute!"

"Who does she think she is?"

"I wonder if she has a boyfriend!"

"That devil, stealing all the boys from us."

At the moment when I heard someone called me a devil, I turned to face them. It was a girl. Her hair was up and she had a lot of make-up on.

"I am NOT a devil." I told her. "Devils are my enemy."

The girl scoffed. "Well then keep away from the guys in our class."

I didn't know why she was so mad. Mrs. Kim interrupted and told me, "Sit over there next to that empty desk. We actually have another new student. He will be here soon. You guys will become lab partners."

I took a seat and as Mrs. Kim said, a boy walked into the room within minutes. Automatically, I detected something dark about him. I heard some girls squeal, "Oh my gosh he's hot!" and others say, "I hope that new girl won't steal him." Some of the guys whispered, "I bet he will take Yoona..." I didn't know what they were talking about.

"Class, this is our other new student, Lee Joon." she introduced.

I heard a couple of sighs from the girls. I didn't get what they were doing.

"Lee Joon, you will sit next to our other new student, Yoona." she told him.

Joon started walking over to the seat next to me. As he did so, his eyes looked coldly at me. I felt a knot in my stomach. Ah... what was this feeling?

Once he sat down, I faced him and greeted him

"Annyeong Joon," I smiled, "I'm Yoona."

Joon just stared at me. It felt awkward.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I just got to my new classroom. My teacher, Mrs. Kim, had assigned me to a seat next to a happy bubbly girl.

When I sat down, she greeted me. Something feels strange about her so I didn't answer. Instead, I just stare at her.

I feel this warm atmosphere around her. It's different then what I've felt before.

What is she? Was she really just another normal girl...?