Chapter Twenty-Six: It Can't Be

Are We Destined to Be?

It has been a few days since Taeyeon and Seungho had their huge emotional brother/sister moment. I am back at school and Taemin has still been avoiding me. I keep trying to talk with him but he keeps running away. Was the whole situation really that mind-blowing? I sighed.

After school, Taemin finally came up to me.

"Taemin!" I said, facing him.

He smiled sheepishly. "Hey..."

We walked out to the park and sat down.

"Mianhae Yoona. I just couldn't get the confidence to come talk to you. This whole thing is just pretty crazy..." he says to me.

I smiled. "It's alright. We're still friends right?"

He nodded and I feel relief again. Then I turn to face him.

"Hey Taemin... can I ask you something?"

"Yeah anything!"

"What's love and how do you know when you're in it?"

Taemin thought for a second. "Love is when you like someone to the point that you're thinking about them all the time. Your heart thumps loud and quick when you're near them... You'd do anything to make them happy- even if it means leaving them. You are usually very nervous when your first meet them and it feels like your heart will go crazy..."

I immediately thought of Joon. No way. That can't be. Joon's a devil... I can't possibly LOVE him.

"Are you sure...?" I asked, hoping he was wrong or joking.

Instead he grins and nods. "I'm certain."

I instantly became gloomy. I... am in love with Joon... Taemin looks at me and pats my head.

"Are you okay?"

I shook my head. "I... I think I fell in love with someone I shouldn't have..."

Taemin's eyes widened. "I...Is it Joon?"

My head shot up. "What? How did you know?!"

Taemin smirks. "It's so obvious. You are always thinking about him- it shows on your face. I can read you like an open book!"

I blushed and turn away. Taemin stands up and squats down in front of me, staring at me from below.

"Yoona... you're so cute when you're embarrassed!" he laughs.

I could feel my face getting hot. "Komawo..."

Taemins pulls me to my feet. "Come on... you should go home now. It's getting dark."

I looked at him. "Thank you so much for telling me what 'love' means. To show my grattitude, you want to go for a flight?"

Taemin stares at me as if I'm crazy. "Mworago?!"

I laugh and pulls himi over to me. "Grab on~"

Taemin holds on to my body tight, his head on my shoulder. I look around. Not a human in sight. My wings came out and I flew into the sky.

Taemin's grip got tighter. "Yahh!!!!"

I giggle at his reaction. He turns his head and looks down.

Scared but amazed, he stutters: "This is beautiful....."

The city lights were coming on. All the different colors in one view. We circled around the sky for some time. Taemin was so sweet. Then I asked him where he lived and dropped him off.

Taemin was incredibly thankful- partially because it was an amazing experience, partially because he was on the ground again.

I bid him farewell and I leave for home.

The only thing still troubling me... I was in love with a devil.