Look At Only Me

Late Bloomers

Minzy's POV:

It had been a year since 2NE1 retired and I was the ripe age of 23, I was preparing for my first solo performance and debute for the opening of my boyfriend’s new club. I was currently sitting in the makeup room squirming in an extremely tight and reveling fitted red dress my stylist had put me in. I didn't like wearing tight clothes, baggy and loose was more my style. Just at that moment my boyfriend came bustling in with his usual gusto. But he seemed to stop dead in his tracks when he saw my outfit. His mouth took the shape of a perfect sized o, he in a lungful of breath and eyed me lustfully, truthfully it was the first time I was ever put in a dress like this. I looked away even more embarrassed than before.

“Ahh babe you look really hot tonight", he said eyes still traveling up and down my body. I was feeling really uncomfortable not liking his gaze at all.

I cleared my throat and replied, "you look hungry why don't you go and eat something?"  

He chuckled to himself and said, “the only thing I'd like to eat is in a pretty little red dress". Oh god why was he so cheesy, I was mortified that he could say that so candidly in front of all my staff members! My hairstylist who was doing my hair shouted at him to leave, and that he was being a distraction thank god they were kicking him out! He came over and kissed my right cheek and whispered good luck in my ear, causing goose bumps to raise along my neck. As soon as he closed the door behind me one of my backup dancer and most beloved friend Heeyun came up and loudly voiced her disgust.

“Ughh I don't know what you see in him Minzy, he’s so gross and you totally deserve better". Heeyun had a definite dislike towards my boyfriend ever since I introduced the two, and she never bothered to keep it much a secret either.

"Yeah he can be quite a creep when he wants to", I responded back indifferently. "By the way you really do look smoking hot in that dress"! Heeyun added. I rolled my eyes and made a gagging gesture.  Both Heeyun and my stylist slapped me, "stay still" and "brat" where heard simultaneously, I chuckled delightedly to myself feeling a bit more relaxed. As they resumed intricately decorating my face.

 

Tao's POV:

I eyed my competitor as a sense of satisfaction started to come over me. He was just as much the fool Yi fan had described him to me as. It was quite shocking though to see that this lavish and trendy clubhouse was his brain child, the place seemed too great to have been conjured by such a moron. I was listening to a group that happened to be nearby my table it was rare to see rich people riled up over anything not concerning good business. I listened more closely only to realize that they were talking about the only act that was opening tonight. She seemed to be something no short of amazing according to their compliments and adoration of a young artist named Minzy. I sat there wondering how this man had gotten such a perfect catch upon his opening night. Even though this wasn't China I knew all there was to know about the lavish Club industry of South Korea. In fact I was well known all over China and had just recently expanded my business sights to South Korea after several years of studying. 

 

Minzy's POV:

I was starting to get nervous, which is an unusual and foreign feeling. But this was basically my first stage or solo debut without my 2NE1 members. I felt like my boyfriend had rushed me into agreeing with him rather than waiting for me to fully establish my stage and album. Not to mention the dress, oh it! There was no way I was going to dance in this suffocating dress at a club!  I was about to give my stylist a piece of my mind when my phone started to ring, I picked it up curiously. A loud chanting of congrats where heard from the line, I raised the phone away from my ear momentarily deafened by my family’s screeches. I laughed and thanked them feeling even more relived and happy they hadn't forgotten or hadn't heard about my rushed solo debut stage. I thanked them and hung up after a couple more courses of congrats and good luck. Truth be told I would have been more calm and composed if they were here with me, but that was a comfort I was not awarded tonight. I was about to go to my stylist for a change of costume when Yong Deuk walked into the room to inform me about the crowds initial attitude.

"No worries Minzy, the crowd is like dying to see what you have waiting for them, they are so pumped!"

"Is that so, we'll they won't be disappointed!" I said cockily. And off I went to get a costume change with only 20 minutes left to spare!

 

Tao's POV: 

The man of the hour pranced his way upstage and started of with the usual introductions, announcements and thanks. After analyzing everything from the way his hair was styled to the way his expensive designer shoes he crowned his feet with, to his over lengthy speech. He was nothing more than a toll, neither a very sharp one. After his long speech of establishment he announced the first and only stage of the night, which I am pretty sure was what had gathered the large crowd to begin with anyway. The man’s whose name I had not bothered to catch ran off stage and joined a table on the higher floor that I could quite easily observe from my corner.

The lights dimmed and a sort of tribal music was heard all around and a foggy mist was unleashed upon the stage, the beat then morphed to a chaotic electro beat that instantly overtook the club goers, I could feel vibrations through my feet. Exactly 30 seconds later, pulsating lights added onto the cacophony of events. The large crowd started to chant, what I presume is the artists full name "Gong Minji" repeatedly. Then the beat ceased to a haunting howl and the pulsating lights all but became to one solid blue as a figure could be seen through the blue mist. The blue light went out for a second and a flashing bright light illuminated the wondrous stage before us. Brightly colored dancers in a monochrome of black and silver and a lady in white. Then there was the sound of likes I have never heard before, it was a hybrid twist of tribal electro and a live drum band as the sound built momentum, the phenomenal dancing started. 

 

Minzy's POV:

My dancers and I waited on the lift, I could feel all the excitement rushing in my blood all my earlier anxieties gone as if there was nothing to worry about in the first place. I sent a silent prayer as I accepted this lost feeling of joy. The dancers and I took to our positions as the lift started to rise. And we were hoisted up on stage and the music began. I bowed my legs and arched my back very aware of the effect my dancers and I had on the crowd. I felt as if I was meeting a dear friend again, dance was the childhood friend I never let go. It felt as if time had all but stopped even the music couldn't reach me I was way up high, nothing could touch me. But all too soon my 30 minutes of solo starlight had ended, I wailed out one long last note and I bent forward. I was met with a wild applause with loud chants of "encore" and "we want more"; I linked hands with my dancers we bowed and gracefully floated off stage. The blinding lights dimmed and as I looked back one more time upon the wild crowd, my eyes locked with a dark pair of eyes that where home to a face of handsome dark features. I slowed, stuck by his gaze until Heeyun dragged me along snapping me from my enchantment. I stumbled as I went along, my adrenalin rush all but leaving to ponder the unfamiliar face, he didn't seem to look Korean at all.

As I was trapped deep in thought I hadn't even noticed walking back into my dressing room. The lights were turned off, but as soon as my foot crossed over the threshold the lights were and I was met with a howl of congrats and a cake straight to my face. I was in a state of shock slowly at one point my tongue poked out of a corner of my mouth and attempted to the frosting all over my face. I sensed a camera flashing I growled in anger. I wiped my eyes that were still blinded by frosting and cream. I laid my stinging eyes on my YG family members. They all burst out laughing at the look of indignation written all over my face. The volume of the room increased as they all came over to hug and personally congratulate me. I could hear Taeyang and Seungri arguing which part of my choreography they had thought was the best. And to my dismay I could see G-dragon’s horrid interpretation of my dance as Kush, Top and Teddy surrounded him and egged him on. YG was the first to reach me. In one of his rare show of affection he gave me a light pat on the back as he smiled down on me with twinkling eyes. 

"Minji-ah you did well". In Yang Hyun Suk language this practically meant I did ing awesome, Yang Hyun Suk rarely ever had anything good to say, especially when it came to live stages. He left me there smiling idiotically to myself. My 2ne1 sisters joined me next encasing me in a hug that easily could have broken my ribs. 

"Mingkki, Ahhh our baby girl has grown"! Dara stated in her usual dramatic fashion.

"Big has definitely danced and sang better tonight than she ever did when we were active as 21, trying to outshine your unnie's, huh?" Bom accused jokingly.

"It's been a while since I was last excited to see a live stage, you definitely have worked hard maknae, I'm proud"! CL added lovingly. As my unnie's showered me w/ gifts they soon moved on to the food table. Daesung and Gummy came to give me presents and encouraging words. The YG rookie groups came to me gushing about how great I was, raising my confidence even more! Seungri and my stylists came over to wish me good luck with future activities as they were leaving due to their schedules. We bid them farewell, soon after Yang Hyun Suk took his leave as well, followed by the rest of the Big bang members soon after. My unnie's left stating that time was getting on, and that they now had men waiting for them at home. As I was close to being last to leave it was just me and my dancers. My boyfriend came in and to my surprise had someone in tow with him. The person turned out to be non-other than tall, dark, and handsome. I composed myself slightly, knowing I looked a mess. Yet again I was captured in those eyes again, there was just something too overly enticing about them.

"Hey Minbabe" he said greeting me in that atrocious pet name he penned me long ago. He grabbed on to me intending to smooch me in front of his guest. I twisted him aside and totally avoided what could have been a mortally embarrassing scene. My boyfriend who looked a bit miffed about my show of cold shoulder.

He introduced me to mister handsome as, "Minbabe I'd like u to meet, err what was it again?" He stumbled directing questioning eyes to his guest. The man who had been previously eyeing the clubs dressing room with calculative indifference looked from my boyfriend and finally rest his eyes on me.

"Haung Zitao, but since we're probably around the same age I'd prefer being called Tao." He said his eyes intently on me even though it was my boyfriend who'd asked the question. I smiled lightly at him, trying to play it cool. "Well than Tao, you can call me Minzy." I extended my hands out toward him, and to my surprise instead of shaking my hand he looked down at my hand with a quaint smirk playing about his lips, he shook his head and opened his mouth to reply until my boyfriend cut him off to my surprise, I felt a little happy that he came to my rescue glad that he was going to scold him in my place.

"Whahhhh so you knew Korean the WHOLE TIME?" He spluttered in a shrill voice, I eyed him in disbelief as I though he was standing up for me. Tao eyed him amusedly and replied, "Well of course, how else do you expect me to branch out my company here without knowing the language and culture?"

"But how come u didn't tell me from before when I was making a buffoon of myself trying to communicate with you through sign language?"

"Simple, you never asked." He answered tartly as if it was the most obvious answer. The guy was a smart , and I HATE SMARTASS'S. I was now fuming and declared in a loud voice.

"I was under the impression that a business man if anything else should be at least polite enough to exchange proper greetings, and if you know about ANY culture than you should sure as hell KNOW it’s rude to not shake a hand that was raised to you". I stated heatedly. He looked my way and said rather calmly.

"I don't shake hands till I have my contracts signed, Minzy”, he said matter factly. I eyed him in distaste and muttered whatever. He returned an equal look and said to my boyfriend.

"Your girlfriends a real charmer, both off and on stage" he said looking at me with an intense stare that sent shivers down my spine. "Too bad she's mine." He replied huffily still angry about being made a fool of earlier. "Oh rest assured if I wanted her, I would have taken her earlier with or without your permission." My boyfriend’s face contorted in angry lines. He opened his mouth to retort something undoubtedly foul, my boyfriend was the over extremely possessive and jealous type. But Tao interrupted him hurriedly saying.

"Look I have to go, I have other prior engagements to attend too, remember earlier what we discussed, my outcome was more than precise, correct? “Today’s show is only the beginning this is nothing compared to what I have in store for you. "Think clearly and carefully of what you really want in life, oh and make sure you have her fully bonded before you come over ok? I'll be off then". He looked my way and gave me a knowing look and nodded his head my way as if to say goodbye. I looked him hard in the eye, he turned around and as he stepped out the door I called after him. "What you can’t say goodbye neither?" He turned around and simply said. “No because I believe we’ll be seeing each other much more sooner than you expect dear Minzy." And with that he momentarily walked out of my life, just as easily as he had come in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: What'd you guy's think? What do you want me too add in the future, all suggestions and constructive criticism are welcome. Next chapter won't be too long!

-Haha4life