Chapter 7

Loving My Sister's Bias

Ae-Cha POV
Morning arose and I had woken up with eyes wide open. It was the first time I had woken up early on a Sunday. Not that I was complaining. I sat up and looked out the window. There wasn't a cloud in the sky. What a great day to go out. If only I could wonder around town freely. Too bad I can't. I just remembered I had to meet Ryeowook back at the cafe for my first SuJu lesson. I wasn't excited or bummed. So what was I feeling? Who knows. I just want to get this over with.

 
As I was getting ready, I couldn't help but think about the conversation I had with Ryeowook last night. The talk was serious and he was willing to listen to my problem. Ive never had this type of conversation with anyone before. I would usually go to my parents for problems but since they're in a better place, I can't go to anyone. Not even Yuna.
 
*FLASHBACK*
When Yuna came home from hanging out with her firends, she was squealing so much I could barely hear anymore. She was trying to tell something to me but I had ignores it all due to the fact that she said the "S" word. No not the bad word but you should know what I mean.
 
When night fell, I couldn't keep my eyes closed. Every second I would toss and turn. My mind wasn't clear. What was I thinking about? Ryeowook. That shouldn't even be happening. In addition, I'm thinking how much I hate myself. It was midnight and I only had one thing in mind. Without even giving it a second thought, I started to text Ryeowook. I'm surpised he replied.
 
Ryeowook: Ne... but what does that have to do with anything?
 
He knows I hate liars. I can't believe he actually was listening. I mean he was really looking at me as I told him. I wasn't expecting a boy to listen to my disappointing life.
 
Me: I... also... am a liar...
 
I hesitated to type the last part. But considering I'm talking to Ryeowook, he'll understand my problem, so I pressed send, and waited for his reply. 
 
Ryeowook: Wae? Does it really bother you?
Me: Ne... I'm lying to my sister. I say I'm at the library when really I'm doing something else. It's haunting me everyday.
Ryeowook: Then if its so bad why are you doing it in the first place?
 
That question hit me and caused me to be even more frustrated. I ask that myself constantly.
 
Me: I don't know... I just can't stand this feeling of guilt.
Ryeowook: Is this the first time you've felt this way?
Me: No but it was worst last time...
Ryeowook: How so?
Me: I wanted to kill myself...
Ryeowook: Kill yourself? That bad. I never thought lying was that a big deal to you.
Me: Well believe it. If my family didn't stop me I would of been dead by now.
Ryeowook: Ae-Cha, if you know this isn't right, then you shouldn't have done it in the first place. Unless you have a good reason.
Me: She just can't find out. I don't want her to know that I can sing. She was the one who told my parents that I could dance well. She's the reason why I can't dance anymore...
Ryeowook: Ah I see what's wrong, you're afraid someone else will cause you to have fear.
Me: Wow you know me so well.
Ryeowook: Really? It was just a guess. Well we could finish this coversation tomorrow, yeah?
 
No don't leave. Was what I wanted to put but realized it was late. We needed to wake up early the next day so we could meet at the cafe for my first SuJu lesson. I had no choice but to end the conversation with him.
**END OF FLASHBACK**
 
Quietly, I left my home without Yuna even knowing. She's a heavy sleeper so I don't know why I was so careful. Feeling that same old guilty feeling comes around and goes around. No matter how I wish it would leave, it always finds its way back to hit me. I feel bad for not listening to my sister last night. The last thing I got was that she got me a blind date. This out to be good.
 
When I arrived to the cafe, I noticted Ryeowook right away. Its hard to believe that he thinks people won't reconize him with just a hood and sunglasses on. Does he really expect people to just ignore him? Oh well if it's the only way for him to avoid ELFs, I'll stop judgeing. I approached the table and took the seat in front of him. He looked up and gave a sigh of relief.
 
"Oh good it's you." he said, sitting up straight. "I thought you never come."
 
"Of course I would come. I'm not 100% anti... Be lucky I'm even giving this a chance." I said.
 
"Okay. Okay. I got you. Alrighty then shall we began?"
 
I sighed. "I guess. What's first?"
 
"Well when I was thinking about your problem I've realized something."
 
"Which is?"
 
"Answer me this question honestly. Have you heard any of their music?"
 
My mouth was ready to answer but it hung open. I didn't like where this was going already. I closed my mouth and found no use in lying. So all I did was shake my head. 
 
Ryeowook smirked. "Knew it. So it isn't them directly. Here listen to this."
 
He handed me headphones but I tried to shoo them away. "Oh no. I'm not listening to that."
 
"Ae-Cha, you have to. And like you said, you're giving this a chance. Please."
 
I hesitantly took them and put them on. "Which song am I listening to?"
 
"I didn't know weather you wanted to listen to their debut song or their more recent one. So I went with the more recent. It just came out acouple weeks ago."
 
As the song played, I listened to it carefully. I guess the song wasn't that bad. In fact I was growing to like it. But it's just one song. There's more to come.
"Why am I only listening to the music first?" I asked as I took the iPod from him. "Do you have a process or something?"
 
"In fact I do actually." he grinned. "But I'm not going to tell you the next phase."
 
"Wae?" I whinned, as I looked at him. "Why more?"
 
"I won't stop till you are truelly convinced to not to go on the anti-cafe. You have to mean it too."
 
I slummped in my chair and continued to listen to the song. I didn't want him to know I was in love with it. This may only phase one but I think I'm already leaning towards not signing up already...
 
Yuna POV
Slowly I awoke with fluttered eyes and the sun shined on my face. I thought everything I did yesterday, last night, was all just one big dream, but it turns out it wasn't. The conversation I had with Eunhyuk took over three hours. I felt bad since he probably has plans now. He may have been the last to wake up. Now he and s are running late on their schedule. I'm such a bad ELF...
 
**FLASHBACK**
Eunhyuk: Sure if it's really bothering you.
 
Why am I doing this to him. I feel like I'm tourtureing him with me being the most annoying girl in the world. I'm not talking to him because I'm his fan. I'm talking to him as if he was just like anyone else. I'm doing this because I want to. I did.
 
Me: I'm a liar.
Eunhyuk: what do you mean you're a liar?
Me: I don't tell my sister the right things...
Eunhyuk: like how?
Me: I'm the reason she doesn't have any firends. Because I was being obsessed fan, I said bad things behind her back...
Eunhyuk: You're not a very good sister now are you..
Me: Yah! This is no laughing matter. I'm serious. 
Eunhyuk: who said I was laughing? Now tell me why you've done those things.
Me: Well... It all started when I was getting into SuJu. I've told my sister and hoped she get into it as well. But instead  she just started to bash on you guys... I was so angry, I told girls who didn't like her to make fun of her.
Eunhyuk: Yuna no offense but you're evil...
Me: I know I am... To make it even worse I made sure she didn't have a single friend.
Eunhyuk: You do know you've just scared yourself for life right? As a member of SuJu, that wasn't right, even if it was just trying to protect us.
 
I stared at that message and knew Eunhyuk was right. I am scared. I hurt my own sister's feelings. Why did I have the devil take over me? It's mocking me. I just had to get my anger get the best of me. I should of protected my sister instead of making things worse.
I was so overwelmed that I had forgotten about to reply back to Eunhyuk, but it seemed to know that I was crying. He sent random jokes and tried to make me feel better. It worked a little but it was enough to get my mind off of things.
 
Eunhyuk: How are we going to work out the dates we have to go on?
 
That was the last topic before I said goodnight. After planning everything out, we said goodnight and as I closed my eyes, I just couldn't get rid of the guilty feeling. My dream made it even worse.
**END OF FLASHBACK**
 
After getting out of bed, I went to check n Ae-Cha, but when opening the door to her room, her bed was already made. I was surpised not to see her still sleeping. I went downstairs to see if she was up. Clearly, she was not there. Ae-Cha had left without even telling me. I was somewhat mad till I saw food set out on the table. Next to it, was a note from Ae-Cha that read:
 
Eunni, sorry for telling where I was going this mourning, plus I didn't want to wake you. So to make up for it, I made you breakfast. I'll call you when I'm on my way back home.
—Ae-Cha 
 
I gave a smile and re-read the note over as I ate my breakfast. Right when I finished, my phone started to ring.
 
"Yeoboseo?" I answered, taking a sip of juice.
 
"Yuna, it's Hyukjae."
 
I literally spit out all my juice causing me to chock. It was all over the table. "H-Hyukjae? As in Eunhyuk of SuJu?" I managed to say before coughing again.
 
"Ne. Of course who else would it be? Didn't you check who it was before answering?" he asked. 
Apparently not. I never do that because I just assume its someone who I know. I didn't expect Eunhyuk to call me at all. I thought I would be the one having to call him.
 
"Nevermind that. So what's up?"
 
"Well are you doing anything right now?"
 
"Ani. Wae?"
 
"Want to do something? I have another day with no schedule. And all the other members are asleep."
 
"Um sure. Sounds good. Come by at my place okay?"
 
"Alright. I'll be there."
 
"Ne. See you then." After hanging up, it was my cue to clean up the mess I made and change quickly. I washed and dried the dishes, then ran upstairs to choose my clothes. As I was picking my, clothes, the one thing that ran through my mind, was why of all people, Eunhyuk would want to hang out with me. I mean I don't mind, but I just feel like it was so random that he called me. Was it because he felt really bad about yesterday? Or is it a different reason? Oh well I'll never know.
 
After getting dressed, I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and hair. I put my hair in a bun and started to wash my face. As soon as I finished, I heard the doorbell ring. I went to open the door and saw Eunhyuk at the entrance.
 
"Ready?" he smiled. 
 
"Almost. Just need to get something." I answered. "I'll be back in a sec."
 
He nodded and I went upstairs to get my purse, then went back down to go out with him.
 
"Okay, ready." I said, after closing the door behind me. "Did you have something planned."
 
"You'll see." he smirked.
 
I narrowed my eyes at him. "What are we doing?"
 
He chuckled. "Just come on." Then he grabbed my hand and we started to walk. Or more like he was walk-jogging and I was trying to keep my balance. I repeatly asked where we were going but Eunhyuk ignored my question. To think that this boy thinks I'm the one who's crazy. I didn't know whether to be scared or excited. I would be one of those if he tell where we were going. I just hope it isn't someplace bad...