LAUNDRY // ChangRick.

Cotton Socks

 

     Changhyun was frustrated. Very frustrated. He had been looking everywhere and he just couldn't find it. He had searched the bedroom, the sitting room, and even the the bathroom and now he was in the kitchen, shifting through what seemed like mountains of dirty laundry. He was looking for his favourite jumper that was given to him by his favourite person - Jonghyun. It had been his birthday present and it was the best present he had received so far. It was woolly and warm, but it wasn't plain and boring. The fastenings reached across his chest and the sleeves were just that little bit too long. Changhyun always wore it in the winter without fail, and now there was a threatening chill in the air. He wanted nothing more than to bury himself in the woolly material.

    "Changhyun? What on Earth..." Jonghyun stopped stunned at the sight of his boyfriend on the floor, surrounded by a vast amount of clothes. It really looked like a bomb had hit. He had been wondering of his boyfriend's whereabouts and here he was, knee deep in dirty clothes. Changhyun continued to root around the pile, a determined look on his face.

     "I can't find it."

     "Can't find what?"

     "The jumper." Changhyun growled in frustration throwing the handful of clothes he had away.

    "Which jumper?" Jonghyun knelt down next to him, watching Changhyun's determined flustered expression. Slowly, his restraint broke and his bottom lip started to blubber and tears gathered in the corners of his eyes. Was he really crying over a jumper?!

    "The jumper... You gave me." The realisation hit Jonghyun square across the jaw. Of course, the jumper he had given him on his birthday all those years ago. Changhyun was hung up over that thing?! Jonghyun didn't see why he was so upset but he scooted closer to him, placing a comforting arm across his shoulders.

    "Don't worry," He soothed. "I washed it, it's in the machine."

     The elder scrambled out of his hold like a distressed cat and ran to the washing machine, muttering a mantra of: 'No no no.' Cleaning laundry was thrown out without a care as Changhyun frantically searched for his jumper. Jonghyun still didn't understand, what was wrong?

     "No!" Changhyun wailed. He had always had a thing for exaggeration, but this time it seemed genuine. Jonghyun scuffled over to his side, confused as to why his boyfriend was so upset. "It's shrunk." And indeed the jumper was now at least two sizes too small. Jonghyun's heart sank. "It's meant to be dry-cleaned," Changhyun muttered.

    Silence filled the space between them. Jonghyun didn't know what to say, it was his fault after all. He had carelessly washed the jumper, thinking he was helping out, without reading the label. Now Changhyun couldn't wear his favourite jumper. A sob was choked out as the jumper lay pitifully in the elder's lap.

    "I'll buy you another."

    "No, that's OK."

    "Honestly, Changhyunnie. Let me but you another." Changhyun turned to him in a flash, a venomous glare on his face. Jonghyun was almost scared it was so out of character.

    "No! Jonghyun. It's OK." Then, he stood up, dropping the jumper on the pile of dirty laundry unceremoniously. Jonghyun felt utterly awful, how was he going to fix this? He couldn't have Changhyun upset like this.

    "I'm so sorry! Please! Let me buy you - "

    "No! That jumper meant so much to me! You gave it to me on my birthday and you confessed and..." Tears streamed down Changhyun's face without restraint. Jonghyun's heart was suspended in his throat. So that's why it meant so much to him. A pink hue spread across his face when he thought back to that day. He had been so clumsy and awkward, presenting Changhyun with a present and shouting his confession whilst stumbling over his words. But Changhyun had smiled in the end, returning his feelings. Jonghyun had felt so amazing that day, like they were the only people on the Earth. And now that memory was two sizes too small.

    "You don't need that jumper. It was just laundry." He said, hoping it would somehow cheer his boyfriend up. "I'm right here and I love you. You don't need a jumper to tell you that."

    Changhyun sniffed as he slowly turned around to face the taller boy, placing his head on his firm chest.

   "You're right." He mumbled, fingers tracing the hem of Jonghyun's shirt. He had the memory fresh in his mind like it was yesterday, and the boy in front of him as a result of it. The boy in front of him loved him and he loved him back. A jumper is just... A jumper.

     The younger tenderly wiped Changhyun's damp cheeks with the end of his sleeves, a fond, warm smile on his boyish features. The action caused Changhyun to look up into his big bright shining eyes, eyes that sparkled with adoration and raw love. It made Changhyun's heart skip a beat, no matter how cheesy that was.

    "I'm really sorry though."

    "It's OK," Changhyun smiled; the full smile that shined youth and happiness. The elder then leaned up just that little bit, placing a small, sweet peck on Jonghyun's warm cheek. "You can clean up the mess." That was fair play really.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Jumper > Sweatshirt.

Guess who's alive and kicking with some very rare muse. I'M SO SORRY GUYS. I honestly have been stumped with this prompt for AGES. crycry As a result, this chapter was pretty y :/ I'm sorry. I'll try harder in the next chapter so please look forward to it. Other than that, thank you for the subs, comments and reads :) It really means alot so thank you ^^ Have a heartu <3~~ See you in the next chapter C: Thank you again.