NAME // ChuNiel.

Cotton Socks

 

     White room. White clothes. White bed. That's all he knew. He didn't even know his name, as far as he knew, he had no name. He was just No. 11. He sat on his hard, uncomfortable bed, blending in to his surroundings, watching the world move around from beyond the clouded glass that was his door. He didn't know where he was, he didn't know why he was here. He didn't know what his Mother looked like, or what his Father looked like. He only knew that now and then, a man would come into his room and inject him with something that made him fall asleep. And then he would wake up back here, in his room. He tried to ask the numerous different men in white coats what was going on but got no answer. So he was stuck in this limbo like state, doing nothing, feeling nothing. At regular intervals during the day, a meal got posted through his door. It was always bland and tasteless, dull and plain. He tried everything to avoid eating but at one point, and he had gotten so skinny they had to inject food into him, telling him that not eating was hurting him. He didn't know what hurting was.

     The last of his three meals came through the hatch at the bottom of the door, he barely noticed. He didn't want to eat it, it looked different from yesterday's. He turned back to the wall, chocolate brown hair tickling against his eyebrows. He had learned to accept all this emptiness, live life like a zombie - day in day out. He couldn't do much else, it was useless to try.

    "Ah, No. 11..." The door softly clicked open, and Niel closed his eyes, ready for the needle to enter his arm. But it never came. He looked at the man who was stood in the middle of his room, smiling sweetly at him. The man was not too tall, not too short with caramel coloured hair and dashing good looks. Big brown eyes looked at him kindly, "Are you not going to eat?" He shook his head, giving the man a quizzical look at this out-of-routine behaviour. "I wouldn't either, the food here is horrible," The man laughed quietly. He looked away, he couldn't be bothered with this. He just wanted to fall asleep already, it was what he was used too.

    "I'm Dr. Chunji, I'm a little new here," The doctor smiled again. A smile so sweet it made him feel sick. "I'll be looking after you from now on, OK?" Looking after him? Did he need looking after? What was wrong with him?

    "Why?" It hurt to talk, he had almost forgotten how to. Dr. Chunji tucked his hands behind him and stepped a little closer to No. 11.

    "It's a new regime they have set up here. They thought the subjects needed more interaction with people, so they've assigned everyone with a... 'Buddy' shall we say?" 'Subjects'? Was that what he was? There were more 'subjects' here? Who were 'they'? Were they the same 'they' that came into his room, injecting him? He had so many questions all of a sudden. "So I've been reading up on you... You like singing, yes?" He brought his knees up to his chest, his hair hiding his face. He didn't like this man.

    "Not anymore," He whispered, nails digging into his calves. The doctor stepped closer again.

    "Can I sit next to you?" He looked at the man through his hair. What was with this guy? He nodded anyway, it couldn't hurt right? So the doctor plonked down next to him, "Why don't you like singing anymore?"

    "Because... Whenever I did, they made me fall asleep." He couldn't see the doctor's expression, but it was sympathetic.

    "I love singing too," He said, twiddling his fingers in his lap. He had been briefed about his new job. He just had to become friends with the subject, and write a report about each day spent with him. But all that professional confidence went out of the window when he laid eyes on No. 11. He almost mistook him for a girl he was that pretty. He was so vulnerable and delicate, he just wanted to wrap his arms around him and his beautiful hair until he fell asleep in his arms.

    "You're a doctor, you don't like singing." He spat quietly, shuffling further into the wall, hoping it would gobble him up. Anything to get away from this man. Dr. Chunji laughed though, a sound foreign to his ears. It relaxed him.

   "Why's that then?"

    "Because doctors are all about science, not music."

    "Well, I liked singing before I became a doctor, and I still do. I used to take lessons." Jealously sparked in his stomach. Why was it that this doctor was allowed to sing and he wasn't? "I don't anymore though, I don't have the time." He didn't care. Suddenly, the doctor bumped into his back playfully, it unnerved him. He wasn't used to human contact if it wasn't on his arm, rolling up his sleeve. "Hey, do you know your name?"

    "Number Eleven." He said emotionless, he didn't have a name.

    "No, I meant like... I'm called Chunji, do you have a name like that?" Was this guy an idiot?

    "Number. Eleven."

    "So you don't know your name... How about I give you one then? I can't keep calling you No. 11 can I?" He laughed, trying to look at him. But the boy kept his head in his arms, between his legs and his chest. He wasn't sure if he wanted a name, he didn't know what having a name meant. He was used to being No. 11. What was wrong with that? Dr. Chunji tapped his chin thoughtfully, humming as he racked his brain for a name to suit this androgynous beauty. "D... Da... Daniel! How about that?"

    "Daniel..." He repeated, testing it on his tongue, on his voice box. It sounded nice. He loosened his grip on himself, one leg falling down and stretching out. "Daniel." Doctor Chunji smiled, taking a friendly hand and patting the boy's shoulder.

    "Nice to meet you, Daniel. I'm Chunji," He held out his other hand for a shake. 'Daniel' didn't know what to do to, and it showed in his expression as he looked up at Chunji. "Hold my hand," The doctor helpfully whispered, and so he did. The feeling was strange. It was warm and tingly, his heart was pounded under his ribs. "Then you say, 'I'm Daniel, nice to meet you too,'" Chunji whispered again, a amused smirk on his boyish face.

  "I'm Daniel, nice to meet you too..." Chunji grinned at him, shaking their joined hands.

 

 

    It had been six months since that day and they had made phenomenal progress. Daniel opened up to him, smiled with him, laughed with him, even tried to crack a few jokes. Thanks to Chunji, he was turning into the boy he should be. Daniel still went for 'check ups' at least once a week. They wouldn't tell Chunji what happened on a 'check up', he was sure it was something more than what it said on the tin. He kinda' knew what he was getting into when he saw the ad for the job. He had heard the news about the company and what they were about. He had heard the rumours and the scandals. But now he was one of them, he didn't believe the rumours. It was an evil company, testing on live humans for God knows what. He wasn't allowed to know, he was just another subject in their plan. And unfortunately, so was Daniel. But he couldn't let emotions get in the way, from the beginning, he was in this for the money.

    "Hello, Chunji!" Daniel beamed, sticking his fork into the dry, bland chicken.

    "Hello to you too. How are you feeling?" Daniel munched on his food happily as the doctor took his seat next to him on the hard bed.

    "Good, thank you!" Chunji smiled at him, mesmerised by the boys unusually thick lips. He had noticed them before, how could he not? But this was the first time he had seen the boy eat. His lips were pursed together, moving up and down as he devoured his meal. He had to snap out of this, this was a job. Not to mention he was older than the boy - only by a few years - but he was still older. "They injected something in me today that didn't make me fall asleep!" Daniel said around his food with a grin.

     "Oh really?" What were they playing at? Surely different experiments would be logged in his file, but he hadn't seen any changes. "How do you feel then?"

    "Fine!" He chirped brightly. Chunji wanted to kiss those lips of his. He couldn't deny it. They looked so soft and slick... "Doctor? Doctor!" Chunji jumped at the shout, had he been caught? "Are you OK? I've been calling your name for like, forever!"

    "Ah, sorry, I was... Thinking," He scratched the back of his head nervously. Would he be sacked if he got involved with the boy? Did the company even sack people? He couldn't believe he was even contemplating the idea! The boy was off limits. A no-go zone.

    "Are you OK, Chunji?" Daniel looked concerned and it broke his heart. He was inappropriate thoughts about the innocent boy, and he thought there was something wrong. Well there was. He was wrong. Chunji smiled, patting Daniel's shoulder.

    "I'm fine, Daniel."

 

 

     Despite all of Chunji's valiant restraint, he broke his own rules. He had corrupted the boy, ruined everything. He just couldn't help himself, he couldn't hold back anymore. He kissed the boy. He kissed Daniel. He kissed a subject. His moment of bliss was interrupted by reality when he opened his eyes, finding Daniel's confused ones staring back at him. Chunji leapt back, he couldn't even remember what had happened before the kiss. Had Daniel been talking? He just didn't know anymore. It was so unprofessional. His bosses would find out; they the the place littered with CCTV.

   "I'm sorry about that, Daniel. I shouldn't of done that." The boy put a finger to his lips curiously, softly tracing them as if they were a wild beast he was trying to tame.

    "What was that?"

    "A kiss, Daniel." Then he realised once again that the boy had no concept of love or relationships. He hadn't been allowed to get through puberty, he was just a test subject. Things like that were unnecessary. Things like that would get in the way of experiments. He ran a hand through his caramel coloured hair, what had he done?

    "A... Kiss?" He was so innocent, so pure. Chunji was so tempted. Too tempted. He should resign. He stepped closer to Daniel, reaching out for his chin, tipping his head up to look into his eyes. Daniel's big brown cat eyes were full of curiosity, looking into his 'teacher' for answers. Don't. Don't, he told himself.

    "A kiss," He repeated, leaning down, inching closer to him, his breath getting warmer the closer he got. Damn those big, plush lips. If he went to Hell, so be it. He closed the practically nonexistent gap between them, pressing their lips together again softly.

 

 

    They went further, further into corruption and evil. Chunji forgot about rules and decency. He couldn't help it anymore. He had started this so he would take this as far as it would go. He sullied the boy, took his innocence, he ruined everything, and so far, he didn't regret it. Sure he got weird looks from his colleagues but he hadn't been fired yet so he kept on doing it. He ignored the looks and the whispers, he was his own person, he'd do what he wanted to. Daniel plagued his mind like a ghost, he couldn't get enough, he was addicted to the slim, pretty boy. They still experimented on him though, he knew that. But nothing had changed, Daniel was still the same boy. So he figured it was alright.

    "Hello, Daniel." He greeted like normal, clicking the door shut behind him. Daniel smiled up at him, he was so sweet. Chunji had always had a sweet-tooth. "How are you today?"

    "Good, they haven't visited me yet though. Is anything wrong?" Chunji removed his long lab coat, he couldn't be bothered with pleasantries. He was beyond that now. He pitied Daniel. He had turned into a monster and the boy didn't even know.

    "Everything's fine," He said to himself more than Daniel. It was like a prayer, a mantra. Everything's fine. He pushed Daniel down onto the hard mattress that had given the boy bruises, kissing him harshly, hand rapidly working on the boy's white button up shirt.

 

 

    It was a couple of weeks later when a big change hit him mercilessly in the face. He went to Daniel like normal, greeting him warmly, but he got no reply. Daniel was curled up in a foetus position on his bed. What had happened? "Daniel, are you OK?" He hoped so, he needed the boy, he needed his fix. They merely glared at him through his long chocolate hair, he wondered why the higher-ups hadn't cut it.

    "Who's 'Daniel'?" His voice was low and menacing. It shook Chunji's being, he was scared. What had happened?

   "You." He laughed nervously, had they done something to him?

    "No. I'm Number Eleven." Chunji stepped closer, reaching a hand to Daniel's pretty face. The boy grabbed his hand like lightning in a vice-like grip, glaring at Chunji. "Don't you dare touch me." Suddenly, he leaped out of bed, pushing Chunji away with the force of a typhoon. Chunji groaned in pain as he hit the wall, keeling over on himself.

    "What have they done to you?" He whispered before he scrambled out of the room, Daniel's hateful glare engraved on his brain.

 

    He went in search of Daniel's records, but it was hard when no-one was on your side. No-one would help him, he was an evil disgusting bastard. It all changed when he was approached by his boss.

    "Chanhee, we need a word. In my office please." He was going to get fired, he knew it. He was ready though. Now they had changed Daniel he didn't want to be here anymore. His boss was a tall old man, a cigar perminately stuck between his lips. He looked more like a criminal overlord than a sciencetist, but who was Chunji to ask questions? Sat opposite him, a expensive desk between him, his boss sighed deeply.

    "You've seen No. 11 I take it?" Chunji nodded. "So you know... We've been experimenting with a drug for a while now and after what you did..." He cleared his throat. "He was the perfect candidate to test it on." Chunji tried his best not to glare, it was damn hard though. His boss took a long drag on his cigar, exhaling a plume of smoke around the room. "It also means that you're going to be reassigned to another subject." So he wasn't getting fired? What was wrong with this lot? He was evil, disgusting, and they wanted to keep him around?! But who was Chunji to ask questions? He nodded, taking the folder that his boss handed to him. He was in this for the money from the beginning.

 

   Back in his room, Daniel sat back on his bed, breathing heavily. Execpt he wasn't 'Daniel', he was just No. 11. Nothing more, nothing less.

 

 

 


 

Uwahh... I had a hard time writing this and didn't convey the stuff I wanted... but meh... I still kinda like it anyway. I hope you did too. I don't SHIP ChuNiel, but it interests me ya' know... So um... Thanks for reading, I hoped you liked it! Next is RAIN, uwahhh how exciting! Lol I'm so lame >_<