Memories

An Everlasting Bond

[A/N] Wangja means 'prince'.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

The arrow was right in front of your eyes. It had been travelling at a incredibly fast speed with an accurate aim, but slowed down when it passed the carriage's wooden wall. It missed your forehead by milllimetres. That was a close one, you thought. You let out a sigh of relief.

"You better be careful next time. More attacks are coming, unless we give them the Dragon Scroll." Wangja told me sternly. He inspected a few arrows that had been shot through the windows* and walls. He brushed his finger past one arrow, and wiped his finger on the wooden table. Instantly, the deep brown colour of the wood was replaced by a mixture of green and purple. "The arrow is poisonous," a little section of the table started to disappear, "and corrosive. You were a lucky one, Jee-youn-ah."

You thanked yourself mentally for being at the right place at the right time. Well, not exactly. You weren't really in the right place now. You surveyed your surrondings; a wooden carriage with horses moving along, going nowhere exactly, with a luch green forest up ahead which may have lead to Alice's Wonderland. But at least you had been in the right place at the right time when the arrow struck you. If you were a moment late, you would have lost or life; or a fraction of a step too close, you would have died as well.

Suddenly, you heard a horse neigh and the horse collapsed. It had been shot with one of the arrows. You poked a hole through the window* and looked at it, full of sympathy. You prayed to God and wished it a good life in Horse Heaven. You turned to the [prince]. "This place is getting more and more dangerous. And now, we have lost one precious horse, and there is no way the carriage can move at further with only one horse left." As you spoke, the carriage had stopped to an abrupt halt.

"This is it. We will have to battle. There is no choice." Wangja pulled out his sword from its beautifully carved gold case.

"No Wangja, you cannot!!! You are the last member remaining in the Royal Family, if you die, ____ dynasty will become extinct! I'll take care of the battle! You, run into the woods! Keep on running, until there is an exit! Just run! This is our last chance!!!!!!!!!!!" You screamed and pointed your finger at him.

He hesitantly ran into the forest, but rather than hurrying, he was getting slower with each step, and realized you weren't by his side. "Aren't you coming with me?" He had guilt written all over his face.

"No." Your mouth was dry.

"I'm staying with you till the end." He walked up to you.

"You'll die, idiot!" You shoved him hard and turned your back to him.

"I know. But if I'm with you,"

Wanja stepped closer and his face was just inches away from yours. He smoothed a strand of your hair and finished his sentence, "Nothing matters, really." His line took you by suprise and your cheeks turned a shade of pink, since you were just a nobody in the palace and no one had said aything that sweet to you before.

Your expression softened and your mood changed completely, knowing that you had liked the right person from the beginning.

Don't read this below. Spoiler! please, because it will scar you for life!

He slipped one arm around your waist and lifted your chin slightly. He slowly angled his head and your faces moved closer and closer. You closed your eyelids, and at that moment every thing around you seemed to be in slow motion. You could hear birds chirping a beautiful melody to match the rustling leaves of the trees, you could see the soft, light and pure clouds circling around, and it seemed like Nature's gifts' of sounds and sights had all been revived at that moment. You wanted to treasure this moment forever.

 

* In olden days the windows were made of thin cloth so you could see through it, and if you used your fingernail to poke it there would be a hole.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
This Chapter to be continued. Sorry if you were really into the story, and interupted your train of thoughts and the mood while reading this chapter by adding a washing line chapter section divider. I am sorry.

Comment if I have any mistakes or anything and I hoped you were engaged in this chapter!
By 'engaged' I don't mean you just got a text message from your bias and he proposed and wanted to marry you so you told your parents and know you are engaged to your bias! 
^
|
|_ lol but that would be a happily-ever-after story (:

Thing of the Chapter today:
Maximum Ride by James Patterson.
[There's a novel and manga.]
The manga is crapper than the novel but I still find the manga really good because the English makes sense and its still a good storyline. And most importantly the art is really really good. Like 1000 times better than Skip Beat's art. (Man, Skip Beat's art was ty). And its a mixture of action and romance so its good.
The book is really good. I suggest you read the manga THEN read the novel because then you would be imagining the manga appearance of Max and her flock (the characters) and the overall result is WAY better than reading the novel then the manga. The novels are really long!!! It might take a while to finish but the story is soooo engaging! I finished a whole book in 50 minutes during my school library session!

Subscribe if you enjoyed (the story and the other random stuff)! :D
And please keep up with regular chapter updates of this story if you liked this uncompleted chapter !

^^

an exotic UltraShawol (feel free to call me Caroro!)