Remember Our Promise

Remember Our Promise [One-Shot]

Under a big shaded tree, a couple was sitting together..

"Promise..?" A girl stuck out her pinky smilingly.A boy next to her nods,entwined his pinky with hers.

"Promise..i won't leave you.."

The girl smiles happily and peck her boyfriend's lips.

"Aieru yo,Kou-chan.."

"Unie...mou...we are in public now.." The boy smile shyly while trying to cover his red face.

"Kouta..."Unie pouts playfully while poking Kouta's redden cheeks.

"Yamete yo.."Kouta giggles while trying to stop Unie from poking.He quickly grab both of Unie's wrist and pin her on the grassy floor while smiling.

"W-what are you doing..Kou-chan..?"Unie ask while struggling.Kouta's face were only inches in front hers,causing the black haired girl's heart pounding crazily.

"Aieru,Unie.."Kouta whispered softly in Unie's left ear.Unie smiles,she loves those word so much,especially when the one she loved say it to her.Kouta put his head beside Unie's neck.His bangs tickling,causing the black haired girl to giggles.

"What's so funny..?"Kouta asked while pouting and raise his head a bit.His hand still pinning Unie's wrist.

"Your hair..tickling me.."Unie answered smilingly.Kouta smiled,lowered his head again and put his head on Unie's chest before closing his eyes..

"You heart beat..i love hearing it.."Kouta muttered while releasing Unie's wrist.

"Why..?"Unie asked,her hand reach over Kouta's hair and hugs him.

"Because i know it's beats faster because of me.."Kouta smirks and raise his head a bit.Unie slowly release her hugs and stared at her beloved boyfriend.

"Cett.."Unie turn her face away.She didn't want Kouta to notice her flushed face.Kouta chuckles,pulling Unie's face by her chin with his fingers.He closed the gaps between them with a simple chanted kiss.

Kouta pulled back,chuckling happily when his girlfriend's face were red as a tomato."We are in the public now!!"Unie yelled while punching Kouta's chest.

"Nobody is here..ouch..ouch.." Kouta smiles while preventing Unie from punching his chest again.

"Jaa...i need to go now.."Kouta stood up,pulling Unie with him.

"Un.."

"Don't forget to come to the airport tomorrow.."Kouta muttered while ruffling Unie's bangs.

"Un..i won't forget!!"

***************************

 

"I hope i'm not too late!!" Unie murmured while glancing at her wrist watch.She was running as fast as she could to the airport.She has a really important assignment to do earlier,that's why she is late.Within a few minutes,she arrived at the airport.

"Kou-chan..."Unie murmured while trying to find Kouta before it's too late.Kouta is going to study in Waseda University,which is way far away from University Of Tokyo where she studied.

"Kou-chan!!"Unie shouts as she saw Kouta's figure was going to leave.Unfortunately,before she could even called him again,Kouta walks into the department.

"Kou-chan!!Kou-chan!!!"Unie tried to called but Kouta didn't come to her.She wipe her tears away and quickly type her mails for the brunette.

 

To:-Kou-chan.

Title:- I miss you!

Kou-chan..i want to hug you at least one last time..

From:- Unie.

 

Unie sighed heavily while standing in front the department.

"He is not coming back.." She murmured slowly while glancing at her phone.Kouta didn't reply her mail.

When she was about to leave,she glance over the department again and saw a familiar brunette was running toward her.

"Unie!!"The brunette gasps while shouting her name.She froze as the brunette runs and quickly hugs her,causing her to burst in tears.

"Kou-chan!!!"

"Unie..."

"I thought you gonna leave me just like that!!"Unie cried while hugging Kouta tight,she buried her head on his neck,breathing in his scent.

"I won't!!"Kouta muttered.His left hand were wrapped around Unie's waist while his right hand buried into Unie's soft locks.

"I won't..."Kouta muttered again.He pulled back and stared at Unie's eyes.

Unie smiled.

"Unie,don't smile like that at other guys..i don't want them to see that cute smile.."Kouta muttered seriously.Unie chuckles and say "Hai..ouji-sama.."

"Here,take this.."Kouta wrapped his scarf around Unie's neck.

"Arigatou.."

Kouta smiled and waves as he walks away.Unie waves back smilingly.

"Sayonara,Kou-chan..."

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

(Mails)

-Kou-chan,how your day..?- Unie.

-Unie, i miss you a lot...my day is empty without you..- Kouta.

-It's not funny..- Unie.

-Hahahahahaha..you are cute..- Kouta.

-So you are joking..>3< - Unie.

-Nu'uh..my day is really empty without you..-3- - Kouta.

-I love you!!~ :D - Unie.

-I love you more....!!!~~~~~~~~ >3<- Kouta.

 

 

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

(Through Phone)

 

"And i'm not joking..i really miss you.."

"Me too..Kou-chan..ne,do you love me..?"

"Unie?"

"Answer me.."

"Yes,and i will always be.."

"Yokatta.."

"How about you..?"

"I love you with all my heart.."

"Hehehehe...."

Unie smiles while controlling her tears.Kouta says goodbye and hangs the phone.

"Who is that..?"Ai asked while writing her notes.

"My boyfriend.."Unie muttered smilingly and keep her phone into her jeans.

"It has been five month right..?"

"Un.."

"Have you been meeting him..?"

"He is far away from me,so no...but we contact each other by phone and mails.."

"Souka.."Ai mumble while smiling.She grab her books and walks out from the class.Unie follows next,clumsily arranging her books and accidentally bumped into someone,causing the books she was holding flew in the air.

"Gomenasai.."Unie muttered while collecting her book on the floor.

"Daijoubu dayo,Unie-chan.." The person smiled and helps her.

"Ryo!Hurry!!"His friend called from far away,waving at him.The person chuckles and helps Unie to stood up.

"Ah,Yuri is calling..jaa ne,Unie-chan.."He muttered with his charming smile.Unie nods and smiles back as Ryosuke walks away.

"Eeehh..?Yamada Ryosuke deshou..?" Ai appear suddenly beside Unie while rubbing her eyes.

"Un..what's wrong..?"

"Come on!!He is the HOT GUYS here!!Ne,I got rumors that Ryosuke got rejected by you..is it really true..?" Ai asked while blinking and poking Unie's cheeks.Unie chuckles,making Ai puzzled.

"Yeah..it's true.." Unie answered,stuck her tongue out playfully.

"Eeehhh...?"

"Hontou da yo...~"Unie muttered again while pinching Ai's cheeks.

"Ite yo!!"

Unie chuckles happily and release Ai's cheeks,playing with her own bangs.

"Ne,why did you reject every men who come to you..?"

"Because i have him.."

"Hmm..if i'm you,i will make them as my secret lover.."Ai mumble smilingly.

"Dream on!!"Unie said while pushing Ai's shoulder playfully.

"Just joking..i have my Yuu-chan already.."

"Sou da yo ne..if you cheat on him,that's mean you are baka.."

"Un..he is so nice to me!!~"Ai muttered smilingly as she walks toward Yuto who was waiting.

"My Kou-chan too.." Unie mumbles smilingly while walking through separate way,back to her house.The time and days keeps moving,Unie will never missed from calling and mailing her boyfriend until one day...

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

"The number that you called is not answering,please try later.."

Unie dialed the number again,it's her 10th time trying to reach over her beloved Kouta.For the 11th time,Kouta finally pick up the phone.

"Oh,Unie.."

"Kou-chan,what are you doing..?"

"Nothing.."

"I miss you.."

"Umm..can we talk later..?I'm quite busy right now.."

"Eehh..?"

"Please Unie.."

"H-hai..." Unie quickly hangs the phone,closing with her palm.

"Isk..isk..."

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

"Can we talk now..?"

"I can't..i have something to do.."

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

"I -"

"Gomen,Unie..i gotta go.."

*click!*

"Beep beep beep.."

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

"The number that you called is not answering,please try again later.."

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

"......."

 

**********************************

 

It's winter,Unie was sitting on a bench near a path to her university,waiting for Ai to come.

"Unie!!~"Ai shouts happily while running toward her best friend.

"Oh,Ai..."

"Why do you looks so gloomy..?"

"I'm not..look,i'm smiling.." Unie faked a smile.

"Stop it..don't lie to me.."

"It's about him.."

"I know it..!"

"Hmm..."Unie sigh heavily while touching Kouta's scarf around her neck.

"So,what about him..?"Ai asked while taking her seat beside Unie.

"He...ignores me.."

"Maybe he is busy.."

"But,he didn't even want to talk with me.."

"Hmm.."

"He is lying if he was busy all the time.."

"So,what do you want to do about it..?Break up with him..?"

"N-no!!"

"But he makes you wait like this.."

"I wanted to wait for him.."

 

As usual,Unie keeps waiting for Kouta himself to called her.Kouta did,but only a few times and they conversation didn't last long like they usual did.

 

"Unie!!My friends told me that Kouta was seen with a girl!!"

"What..?"Unie's eyes widen while closing with her palm.

"That girl's name is Morikawa Airi if i'm not mistaken.."Ai mutttered while tapping her finger on her chin.

"Ah,my old classmate..."Unie begin to relax because she know that girl.

"You know her..?"

"Yeah,Kouta,Airi and i were in the same class in primary school..but i'm not close to her..but Kouta did.."

"Demo..why is she being spotted with your Kouta..?In the middle of the street..?"

"I don't know..maybe they got assignment to do together.."

"You are positive ne..?Good.."Ai muttered smilingly while hugging Unie,causing her to smiles and hugs back.She believe in him,so much.

"I love you,Kou-chan.."

 

********************

 

"Unie!!I got another news about your Kou-chan!!!~"Ai shouts as she burst into the silent library.

"Syhhh!!~"The librarian asked Ai to shut up while gazing sharply.

"Kyaak!"Ai was scared, run toward Unie who was sitting at the corner,causing Unie and the others student to chuckles at her face expression.

"Mou.."Ai begin to pouts.

"And the news is..??"Unie ask.Since these days,she has been the last person who know about Kouta's news .It's will be someone who told her about Kouta because

they didn't communicate with each other for a very long time,causing Unie to hesitated whether she is going to mails him and asked about his condition or not.

 

."He is coming back here in summer..!!"

"Summer..?"

"Un,I thought you know that.."

"Well,no..we didn't talk much since days,maybe he forget to tell me.."

"Souka..."Ai mumbles while choosing a book from the rack.She takes her seat beside Unie and pretend to read a book before asking "Anou..are you going to tell him about that..?"

".....i will tell him if he comes back and see me.."

"And if he don't..?"

"I will keep it as a secret.."

"Until when..?"

"Till my last breath.."

 

****************************

 

Kouta was sleeping peacefully in his room,it's summer when finally he got back to his hometown.

*Rings!*

"Ughh..is it Unie..?"Kouta got out from his bed and grab his phone,reading the mails slowly.

 

Title:- [Empty]

Kouta,come and meet me NOW..I wanna see you at our usual place..

 

From:- Unie.

 

Kouta sighed and grab his jacket before heading his way out.Surely he haven't meet Unie for a very long time.He walks toward the place where Unie always hang out together along with him and the other friends.As he arrived there,he saw a girl was waiting for him,only her backside is visible at his sight.

"Hai..Unie.."Kouta muttered smilingly as he take his seat in front the girl.

"Hisashiburi..Kouta.."

Kouta was shocked,It's not Unie who was there with him.

"Ai-chan!!" Kouta shout a bit,being puzzled.

"You didn't even remember how your girlfriend looks like aren't you.."Ai muttered while gazing sharply at him.

"Where is Unie..?"

"Ohh..?Now you ask about her..?How about those day you ignores her mails and calls huh..?You didn't even tell her that you are coming back here!!"

"What do you mean by that..?"Kouta asked,causing Ai to rolls her eyes away.

"She is not here.."Ai said slowly while turning her face away,tears slowly leave her eyes and fell on her cheeks.

"Why are you crying..?!"Kouta asked worriedly.

"Do you know how she goes through her life when you ignores her..?!Her life were miserable!!! She really miss you a lot..but you..YOU!!" Ai stopped her word and pointed her finger at him angrily.

"You...ignores her at the time she needs you.."Ai muttered slowly while wiping her tears with her thumb.

Kouta frowned,'What wrong with this girl..?What's wrong with Unie..?'

"Could you just please tell me what's wrong...?"

"Read this.."Ai said while lending Unie's phone to him,he took it and read the unsent mails.There are lot's of them and it's all about him.ALL ABOUT HIM...

 

"She didn't sent it.."

"Because you are busy all day long...that's why she didn't want to bother you.."

 

And that's the reason why he didn't received any mails from Unie, he didn't even bother to mails her back.Kouta raised his head and stare at Ai with guilty eyes.

"Where is she..?!!"Kouta ask worriedly.He wants to apologize for his behaviour these times.

"It's too late.."

"W-What do you mean by that..?"

"She is gone..."

"Gone..?Gone where..?"

"She is dead,Kouta..."

"Tuberculosis..you didn't even know about it right..?" Ai added while she was sobbing.

Kouta was speechless,his grip on Unie's phone were tighten.He stared at the picture of him with Unie as the phone's wallpaper,and notice a few warm beads falling down onto his cheeks.

Unie is gone....

Unie...I'm so sorry...

 

*************************

 

Kouta was standing in front Unie's grave.He holds Unie's phone in his hand,muttering "I'm sorry..."

But it's too late.He read the newest unsent mails again and again before he cried.

 

To:-Kou-chan

Title:-Don't leave me..

Kou-chan,do you remember our promise..?

 

Status:-Unsent

 

"I'm sorry...i broke our promise..."

 

The END..

 

 

 

A/N:- If you notice,i change Kota into Kouta...:P

 

Jaa!!~ Please R&R !!~ (Read & Review)!!!~

Gyahhh!!!Gomen for my bad grammar!!

(^----^)