The Setup

Just Call Me - Jonghyun (Shinee) x You (OC)

“Good job!” Manager hyung grinned, patting their backs as the got off stage. Jonghyun smiled, knowing he had hit every key perfectly, danced extra ily, and gave those fans a run for their money. He had gone the extra mile, flashing them with his glistening abs, doing a few body waves to show them off. He was quite proud of his muscles, the result of a lot of work, but it was worth it.

Wiping the sweat off his forehead, he threw the towel aside and grabbed his phone. Key scoffed, coming up behind him, trying to get a peek of what he was doing. Jonghyun in the past few months had been glued to his cell phone. It wasn’t like this before but now, whenever any of the members saw him, he would always be grinning stupidly at the screen, not paying attention to anything else. Then again, they never saw much of him. Whenever they were at home, he would always be cooped up in his room, sitting in front of his computer with that same stupid grin.

At first they thought he was reading manga or watching . But he was literally glued to his devices 24/7. Sometimes even while they were dancing, he’d whip out his phone during one of his longer singing solos and just sing while texting. It was ridiculous, not even he could be that .

Their next thought was he had a girlfriend. It made sense except for the fact that they never once saw him talk into his phone or computer. He never went on dates or stayed out late at night. Whenever they asked him, he would always avoid the subject, or sometimes not even bother answering them. Finally, after a few weeks, they gave up. He could play his little games as long as it kept him out of their hair.

Those Shinee boys weren’t too far off. Jonghyun had gotten a girlfriend. Except, their relationship wasn’t a normal one. He saw her everyday but has never seen her. He talks to her every hour but has never heard her. He had been dating her for half a year now, but still didn’t know her full name. He was dating a girl over the internet, almost seven thousand miles away, so this made sense. None of those details mattered to him though, because he was in love.

He truly loved his girlfriend, so it didn’t matter what she looked like or who she was, he loved her for who she was. She always made him smile, just by talking to her he felt that much happier. She listened to him, even when he wanted to talk to no one, he found himself spilling everything to her. She was sweet and kind and gentle, someone who he truly found himself connecting to. She had an edge to her though, she wasn’t a typical girly girl, but someone who wouldn’t take his . She slapped some sense into him when he had no idea what the hell he was doing. She kicked him when he was down, only to motivate him to get back up. She knew exactly what he needed, she was what he needed, and before he knew it, he was in love.

Jonghyun knew she loved him too, not because he was in Shinee, not because he was an idol, not for his looks, his money, or his fame, but for him. He knew this for sure... because she didn’t know who he was. He had known she was a fan of kpop, so he purposely concealed his identity when they first met. He always kept it a secret as a precaution; it wasn’t easy though. On her birthday, he wanted nothing more than to sing her a song and watch her face as she opened up his gift. On Christmas, he wanted nothing more than to see her face and hear her voice. But he held back, setting up strict parameters for their relationship. At first he was afraid that she would get suspicious and complain about it, but her reaction just reminded him of why he loved her so much.

She didn’t whine or complain or even question him. She always surprised him, made him love her more every day. Their rules were simple:

1. They could send texts but no pictures
2. No phone calls or video chats
3. No voice mails or video messages
4. Only emails, ims, texts, and letters were allowed

He had told her if she broke these rules, he would break up with her, but it was a hollow threat. He was too in love to do that, and he had a feeling she knew that. Regardless, she never once broke the rules.


I was ecstatic. After four long years, I was finally going to Korea. I would go to all the concerts and fan meets... eat all that food I see in dramas, this would be one heck of a summer. It was only a couple more hours till my plane left, but who could sleep?

I washed up, slipping into my pajamas and shut my door. I turned off my light, making my parents think I was in bed. Which I was, I just wasn’t asleep. I grabbed my laptop and opened it up, quickly logging on. Immediately, there was a little ping, and a chat box popped up. I bit my lip to hide a smile,

 

Dino: Hey! You’re on!

I laughed, quickly typing a reply.

Me: Yeah I couldn’t keep away from you~ Who needs sleep?

Dino: <3 Me. I need my beauty sleep. But I’m sure you’re beautiful without it.

Me: ;) well of course. I’m too excited to sleep. I have to get up at 3 to catch my flight.

Dino: You better go to sleep then!

Me: But I don’t want to... I won’t get to talk to you for 14 hours while I’m on the plane! ;c

Dino: … There’s no wifi on the plane?!?!?!?! WHAT?!!

Me: Not on my plane no... ;;

Dino: 3 I’m going to die. How am I supposed to go that long without my baby?!

Me: You can go to work... and you can sleep... eat... there’s plenty to do

Dino: Ugh I’m going to DIE....
 

I rolled my eyes and quickly shut my laptop, hearing footsteps coming towards my room. My dad came in to check on me, going on and on about making sure I had everything I needed, money, passport, ticket, etc. Finally, he left.
I quickly logged back on to tell him I was going to bed, having been bored to sleep by that lecture.


Me: Sorry dad. I’m tired so I’m going to bed now. I’ll talk to you when I land in Korea!

Dino: Okay. ; ; I’ll miss you.

Me: I’ll miss you too <3 Good night ~

Dino: Good night... I love you <3

 

 

* Sorry was too lazy to think of good screen names u.u you can leave some suggestions if you want lol.