1

No-Prom Party

Sehun wasn't going to prom. Prom was overrated. Besides, no one at his school was worth taking. He would much rather spend time at home watching TV or something.

His best friend, Luhan, on the other hand, had looked forward to going to his high school prom his whole life. Unfortunately, he switched schools before the anticipated night arrived, and his new school's prom had already taken place.

The older boy sulked in his room, but then had a great idea. He pulled his smartphone out of his pocket and started composing a message to his best friend.

Sehunnie~

I have an idea! Since neither of us are going to prom, let's have a no-prom party! It will be just us! It will be sooooo fun! Do you wanna do it? ^^

~Lulu

---

Sehun's phone beeped and vibrated against the desk he had his head resting on. He turned to the side, grabbing his phone and gazing sleepily at the screen. He smiled a little when he saw it was a message from Luhan. He opened it and quickly read through it, laughing in his head at his hyung's plan.

He slid the keyboard out and wrote his reply.

Luhan hyung,

Sure, let's do that. (: We can have it here at my apartment. How about Saturday?

Thehun

He pressed send and drifted off again, his face lying on his textbooks, too exhausted to get any homework done.

 

Saturday morning

 

Luhan POV

My party with Sehun is today! I'm not sure what I'm supposed to wear...just something kind of formal, right? Like what I would wear to prom.

I pulled my fancy black tux out from it's place in my closet, holding it up to myself and smiling. This looks nice. I wonder what Sehun will be wearing...

I set the tuxedo nicely and flatly onto my bed and left to go to the bathroom. I quickly brushed my teeth and applied just a little makeup, only enough to highlight my best features. I combed my hair and fluffed up the front, creating a cute poof of soft hair on the top of my head. I looked myself over in the mirror and grinned. Very nice, Luhan. You look cute. I giggled to myself and wandered back into my room. Prom is usually at night, right? But I was already ready to go...and I was so excited...Sehun wouldn't mind if I showed up a little early, would he? Okay, so 10 hours is a lot more than a little early...but that's okay. We are friends, after all.

I texted Sehun, telling him I would be over in about an hour. A little envelope popped up on my phone screen and made a satisfying "whoosh" sound, confirming the deliverance of my message. I smiled and turned back to my bed, shedding my pajamas and changing into the dapper outfit lying before me.

Sehun POV

A soft beep interrupted my much-needed slumber. I rolled in my bed onto my back and reached for my phone. A message from Luhan. Why does he always text me while I'm sleeping? I didn't really mind his frequent messages. I quite liked them, actually. In fact, talking to Luhan hyung was the highlight of most of my days. Even in a life filled with endless studying and stressing, his adorable baby smile was all it took to brighten my world.

I opened the message, skimming it over quickly, yet drowsily.

Annyeong Sehunnie!

I'm already set for the party, so I'm going to come over early if you don't mind. See you in an hour! ^^

~Luhan

A-an hour!? I was barely even awake! I scrambled out of my bed and rushed to the bathroom. I washed up and fixed my hair so it was at least presentable. I dashed back to my room and searched through my closet. Where is that tuxedo I wore to my cousin's wedding??? Then I remembered. It was a rented tux, and I had taken it back last week. I gave up on looking formal and settled on grey pants, a white and black striped shirt, and a dark, almost black cardigan. This is decent...I guess.

Right on cue, I heard a knock at the door. I hurried to answer it, sliding on the wood floors a little in my white socks.

I opened the door, and as I had expected, there was a smiling Luhan there behind it.

"Hi Sehunnie-ah~!" He exclaimed happily.

"Hey hyung," I replied, much more calmly than he, and stepped aside to let him into my apartment.

"I didn't really have time to decorate," I said, scratching my head. "You sorta caught me off guard this morning."

"Oh, I'm sorry, Hunnie!" He shouted apologetically. "But we don't need special decorations. This will be so much fun anyways!"

I smiled at his enthusiasm. Sometimes I wish his optimism would rub off on me. People are always commenting on my apparently bored expression and quietness. It's not that I'm bored or shy; I would just rather listen to others than talk myself.

"So what do we do first?" Luhan asked excitedly.

I shrugged. "Dance, I guess. That's what you do at prom, right?"

"I don't know. I've never been to one."

"Really? Then this has to be the best no-prom party ever!" I said happily, trying my best to be almost as excited as my hyung.

Luhan smiled and plugged his iPod into the speakers on the shelf.

'Naega jil jal naga...'

"Ooh, Sehunnie! I love this song! Have you heard it before?"

"Of course I have! Who hasn't''t?"

We danced a little, moving together in rhythm to the music. Every so often, one of us would try an incredibly difficult or embarrassing move, and epically fail at it, sending us into furious fits of laughter. Luhan's laugh was so sweet, like honey. It flowed softly out of his wide open mouth, echoing through the room, ricocheting off the walls, sailing into my ears. His laugh made me laugh, but it also made me kind of melt inside. That's how wonderfully perfect it was.

I was lucky to have a friend as cute and cheerful as Luhan.

=========================================================================================================================

Ah, really, I need to work on my endings >_< I'm sorry that this chapter is so short and y, but I thought you guys have waited long enough for the first chapter of this story. It's pretty much descriptions here...not much of a storyline yet...that'll change eventually. I've got it all worked out in my head, kekeke. Please comment and stuffs!

xoxo

~sajatokki