O6; Sinful Authors.

` { What Not to do } » AsianFanFics Story Tips {Under construction}

 

What's the mistake?:

YOU MUST SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT ON EVERY CHAPTER THERE ARE NO SILENT READERS IF I FIND OUT YOU'RE A SILENT READER I WILL BLOCK YOU AND YOU WONT GET TO READ MY STORY ANY MORE YOU MUST COMMENT ON EVERY CHAPTER OR ELSE

 

Aside from threatening us readers that they will block us, they also made sure to bold, use caps lock, and make a neon red to get your attention.

Uh-oh you guys, we but a badass on us. 

Pft nah. Okay this is what I call a sinful author because they are greedy. Greed is a sin. Get it? Ahh... good job. Anyway, this author is one of the many authors who are very strict and what I like to think are self-centered. My only question is if you block your reader what good will that do to you? You'll lose a subscriber and someone's respect. What if you block someone who is on hiatus and didn't get the chance to even read your story? Tsk, tsk.

Authors, you  don't need to be so greedy. I understand it's nice to have encouragement when you write your stories but you don't need to threaten them. Honestly whenever I see this I laugh and don't subscribe and move on. No one's gonna tell me what to do! /snaps finger

 

So how do I fix these mistakes?:

You still want people to comment right? but do it more politely; Take out all the threats, all the neon and bold and caps lock and state this in an author's note or author's corner(unless it's an apply fic): "Hi everyone! blah blah blah... but if you could please try to comment as much as you can so I know I still have some encouragers out there that would be really nice ^^" 
Something to that affect. It seems more approachable.

 

Extra tips:

No one likes a y author. Remember that. I know if I go to read a story and the author comes off y I don't subscribe. It's bad right? To judge someone based solely on their author's note but thing is if I were to criticize them for something (in a nice way) and then drama shoots out, it's something i wouldn't want to deal with. So try to be as polite and open with your readers as you can!