23; Can I Have a Side Order of Extra Punctuation?

` { What Not to do } » AsianFanFics Story Tips {Under construction}

 

What's the mistake?:

HI EVERYONE PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE ENJOY MY STORYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG SHUT UP~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wHAT????????????????????????? WHY??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 

STOP DESU. Stop. Just. stop.

Please stop with the over usage of punctuation. s. t. o. p. Do you know how much that pisses me off?

If i even click on your story and it has "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" In your authors notes or what not, I will not read it. If the story has "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" in it's title I won't even click it. It only makes me think you're immature and don't know how to write.

Granted I sometimes use "!!" or "!!!" (2 or 3) exclamtion marks but thats only when I'm talking to someone but I don't use "!!!!!!!!!!!" in my stories. I always keep it at "!" (1) exclamation mark. 

I'm pretty sure that when you use JUST ONE exclamation mark you can prove that the person i shocked or upset or bewildered so you don't need the added extras or else it'll piss me off. Not just me but others too, i'm sure.

So. STOP.

 

 

So how do I fix these mistakes?:

But my character is very excited/confused; One question mark and one exclamation mark is enough to show you are excited or confused. And if its not, then describe, '"What?!" She exclamated; she was very confused.'

But I like using a lot of them; Go ahead, i don't care. Just know you look immature and ignorant and don't know how to use correct punctuation. Now if you're fangirling(not in your story) that's different. When I fangirl to my friends on MSN I tend to overuse exclamation marks too(mainly to be funny though) but don't do it in your story.

 

Extra tips:

None~