16; no hanblan Ingles?

` { What Not to do } » AsianFanFics Story Tips {Under construction}

 

What's the mistake?:

I gos to the store. Store had lot of food. I buys a lot and find out I got no money to pay to it. I then run to home and get lot money and run back to pay for food.


 

Problem? Well I'm not sure if you are 10 to 13 years old and writing this story or if you just don't speak english because it's not your main language. Oh and no mean to discriminate 10 to 13 year olds so much. I know there are a few who actually write really well - and not meaning to brag, but hey, I was one of those 13 year olds who was really mature and could write really well and was tired of everyone criticizing my age group because I wasn't apart of that immaturity. So i can relate, but just know that a lot of you 13 year olds or younger are absolutely immature and terrible at spelling and writing. If you aren't one of those 13 year olds then I'm not talking about you.

Let's move on. The title is spanish for, "No speak english?" Or something like that.. i wouldn't know, I took french instead of spanish.

Now there is a wrong and a right way to write a story and not make me(or your readers) think you are just a terrible writer or some young person writing who doesn't know proper english.

Right way:

Putting a warning on a forward of your story stating you don't speak english[or english isn't your  first language] so you apologize for any errors. [or don't apologize, whatever floats your boat].

Wrong way:

Not warning your readers. 

 

So how do I fix these mistakes?:

But how do I imporve my language skills?; take language classes, have an english friend look over your chapters and teach you how to fix it or you can even ask me whats wrong and i'll help you with sentence structure or what not.

Do I have to warn my readers?; No of course not. Again this is my opinion but the thing is whenever I go to read a story the forward looks good and they warn me about english not being their first language and I understand and continue reading the story as a pose to whenever I read a story and it sounds terrible and I'm not sure if they are too young or just not english-speaking writers, I tend to not subscribe and ignore them.

 

Extra tips:

What may sound right to you, may not sound right to others.

 

UPDATED: 9 October 2012

leebyungiee also came up with another good idea! If you aren't english native you can also ask a friend on AFF who has english as their first language to be your co-author. That way when you write up a story then can review it, edit it, and help you out.

Though I do suggest you ask them to tell you what it was you did wrong that way you can make sure not to do it again!