1O; Talkative Authors.

` { What Not to do } » AsianFanFics Story Tips {Under construction}

 

What's the mistake?:

So today is monday right? And I'm suppose to go to school since I'm in highschool well thing is my sister was really sick. My mom was sick for three weeks so she had to miss her work and since she was gone for three weeks she can no longer miss any school so she woke me up this morning and told me to stay home with my sister to take care of her.

I mean, hello. Of course I'll skip school just to sleep and 'take care of my sister'. Well I fell back asleep around 6 and woke up three hours later around nine. It was a good sleep too, not having to go to school though I do miss my friends I'll see them tomorrow. Well I woke up and went into the kitchen and my mom was there! She's suppose to be at work.

she told me that I wouldn't have been able to go to school today. The car broke down ! My dad was already at work which is about 45 minutes away and he absolutely cannot miss work at all. 

So anyway, that is why I am updating this chapter today because I didn't go to school today!


 

Pauseeeee.

Have any of you just read a story and the author goes on and on and on and on about their life ? Look it's wonderful you want to share what goes on but it's not so wonderful when your readers want to read a story not your life. Theres a thing called a blog, it's kinda of for you to post what happened today. You know, a... blog.

Of course a lot of readers just skip over author's annoying tale of what went on with them today (guilty as charged) but it's still annoying to see that stuff anyways. 

Author notes are for information about the chapter not information about your life.

 

So how do I fix these mistakes?:

I wrote a long post about myself in a chapter of my story becaues it was important to my readers; unless you are telling your readers you are going on hiatus, someone died and you won't be updating, or you are deleting the story/no longer updating it, then that's understandable. However you can just make a blog post, write what happened there then provide a link for your readers so they read it over and understand.

I like sharing with my readers what goes on in my life; Then how about shortening up the story. "my sister was sick so i stayed home to take care of her, hence why i'm updating my chapter right now when i should be in school!" Or like above write it all out and make it a blog post and provide a link for your readers to read if they want to. Just know not all your readers care about your life and then there are a few who do care.

 

Extra tips:

Use a blog post and be-friend all your readers who you enjoy talking to so that way you can talk to them instead of all the readers who are there to solely read.