and the plank begins

idyllic: a series of kris x lu han drabbles.
While in the kitchen and grabbing a glass of water, Lu Han notices a familiar figure walk into the living room parallel to the area where he stands. He blinks a few times and gets an idea.

After setting his water down on the kitchen counter, Lu Han walks up to Kris. “I’m going to plank on you,” he says, face stolid and almost expressionless. Kris’ eyebrows raise visibly and Lu Han gives the other a mischievous grin, placing his hands on the broad chest before him. He gives a gentle push but Kris doesn’t budge.

“Plank,” Kris says. His eyebrows make it seem like he’s asking a question. “You’re going to do a plank on me.”

Nodding, Lu Han’s grin widens, eyes crinkling in the process. It makes him seem innocent and Kris isn’t sure what to make of it. Lu Han says, “Yeah, I have to get exercise into my day somehow, don’t I?”

Kris his head to the side and Lu Han gives him another push. This time, Kris complies and moves his feet backwards, going wherever Lu Han is leading him. Lu Han pushes and then suddenly stops. Kris suddenly stops as well. Lu Han presses his hands stronger against Kris’ chest and says, “Lie down on the ground.”

Laughing a bit, Kris nods a few times and sits down on the ground. The rest of the living room is crowded by multiple pieces of furniture and Kris has to try not to hit his head on anything as he lies down, Lu Han’s feet grounded between his gangly legs. Looking up at Lu Han, Kris asks, “What now?”

Lu Han gets on his knees and looks down at Kris with the same smile he’d put on earlier. He puts the palms of his hands on either side of Kris’ head and pushes himself up off the ground, the balls of his feet pointing outwards and his toes keeping him on balance. Once he is in proper plank position, he stares down at Kris intensely, his dark brown eyes juxtapositioning the small, toothy smile he has on display.

Kris looks up at Lu Han as well and waits for the smaller’s arms to give out. Smirking slightly, he asks, “Isn’t there a better way for you to get your exercise?”

“No,” Lu Han replies quickly, breathily. The playful expression on his face has disappeared and Kris’ own smile falls. “No.”

“Why not?” Kris asks. Lu Han keeps his arms locked and his eyes on Kris’ eyes. He doesn’t say anything for almost a minute and then he’s falling down, his elbows giving out. His body falls onto Kris’ with a less-than-audible thud.

Lu Han pushes his cheek against Kris’ chest and breathes heavily, feeling Kris’ sudden rapid heartbeat against his face. He laughs lightly before saying, quietly, “If I do other kinds of exercise, I don’t get to end up on top of you.”