Missing You

Day Off

Finally, a day off. Jiyong plopped down on his king sized bed that hasn’t been properly used since his second solo album came out. Ever since he started working on that 2nd anticipated album he found himself waking up most of the time on his working table with various sheets of music surrounding him. And on some days though, he didn’t even sleep. One flaw about him was that he was a perfectionist, he wouldn’t sleep until everything was right the way he wanted it to be right from the album cover right down to the color of his hair. Everything had to be perfect.

 

He wasn’t like that the first time he was introduced to the music industry though. He used to be that carefree spirited Kwon Jiyong, playing around with his dongsaengs and not caring for what others would say about him but slowly GDragon gradually came into the picture and changed all that. His heart turned colder and colder, until he found himself scolding his bandmates and ordering them around like they were servants. They were used to it though. They knew when Jiyong was in his GDragon mode and they just do whatever they were told to do with no complaint.

 

Fortunately after the scandals that he went through GDragon started to crumble and the old Jiyong came back. The shy and kind Jiyong. He started apologizing and thanking more rather that yelling and scolding the people around him. Everything was getting back to how it used to be, just like back in their pre début years.

 

This time though, GDragon was slowly making a comeback in his life. The others were already warned to stay away from him as much as possible by Jiyong himself. So ever since his album came out, he had been seeing less and less of his dear bandmates. He didn’t mind though, this was what he wanted. He needed them out of the way when GDragon comes back.

 

Sighing, Jiyong was up alone in the dorms. It was his day off. No tv guestings, no live performances, no radio shows, no interviews, just plain old Kwon Jiyong wearing a simple white shirt and some shorts. GDragon decided to allow Jiyong to come out while his other self buried himself within him. But since no one was around, Jiyong was lonely. This is what he hates the most with GDragon, he always makes him lonely. His two dongsaengs where out of the country while his most trusted bestfriend was busy working on his own solo album. But what he truly missed the most was his hyung. His Seunghyun.

 

Jiyong shrugged off his shoes and curled himself up in his over sized bed, he placed his phone just in front of him, waiting patiently for a call or a text or something. Anything would do really. Seunghyun was off towards an unknown location shooting his next film and Jiyong knew better than to disturb him. Hell, he didn’t even tell him that he had a day off. He didn’t want to be a burden to Seunghyun,  he wanted him to be successful with his movie and if being away from Jiyong would help him accomplish that then by all means he would do so. Even though he missed him so much.

 

It had been atleast two month since Kwon Jiyong saw him but it was only a few weeks for GDragon. They were still continuing on with the Alive World tour and GDragon was back. With that blue and pink hair of his, he shifted from being a solo artist to being the leader of the most famous Korean group. He never really had much time for Kwon Jiyong to step out of the shadows, even when he was with just his bandmates.  Seunghyun didn’t complain though. He of all people knew this side of Jiyong and he accepts it, like a good hyung that he was. Growing up with Jiyong did have its perks after all.

 

Jiyong cringed again at the thought of his boyfriend. Granted they haven’t been together that long, they only came out to each other just a year ago. It was very sweet actually, both of them decided to confess at the same time that they didn’t hear what the other was saying. At the end of the day, they ended up with Seunghyun cuddling Jiyong in his bed. This very bed actually. This very bed that felt empty without the other source of warmth next to him.

 

He really hated GDragon. GDragon would always ruin their moments together. But what can he do? GDragon was a part of him now and there’s no turning back. He knew that the moment he signed a contract for YG Entertainment. But he doesn’t regret it though, through GDragon he met four of the most wonderful people in the earth, his friends. Youngbae, Daesung, Seungri and Seunghyun, especially Seunghyun. His Seunghyun. His Seunghyun who’s working hard right now.

 

Letting out a heavy sigh, Jiyong sat up from the bed. The bright light from the window tells him that it was still early in the afternoon. He just came back from a working brunch, meeting up with his manager and discussing his next tv appearance. Some day off, huh? Jiyong lazily got up and dragged himself towards his closest. He needed something to take his mind off things. He needed a distraction. He needed Seunghyun. He had always been his favorite distraction from the world. Just simply looking at him would work, sometimes he eyes wonders off to his hyung even during interviews and the fans would notice it, atleast those gtop obsessed fans of course.

 

Gtop. It was funny. If only the fans knew that was true. Jiyong walked through the door of his walk in closet and went through a pile of neatly folded clothes. Jiyong knew what he was looking for. That white over sized sweater that once belonged to Seunghyun. Jiyong had to practically beg for his hyung to give it to him. Why? Because it smelled so much like him. No matter how many wash it went through, it would always smell like Seunghyun. And that’s what he needed right now.

 

“There you are.” Jiyong said to himself and he plled that overly used white sweater and hugged it, letting the thick fabric press against his face. Just like always, it smelled so much like Seunghyun. His chest suddenly tightened as he felt his eyes starting to tear up. GDragon wasn’t an emotional cry baby but Kwon Jiyong was. Wiping some escaped tears with the back of his hand, Jiyong took off his current shirt and replaced it with the sweater. It looked too big on his as it fell down just above his knees but he couldn’t care less. What he wanted was Seunghyun.

 

Suddenly a familiar tone rung from his room and Jiyong immediately perked up. It’s Seunghyun’s ringtone, he was calling him. Jiyong immediately ran back to his room and jumped on the bed, catching his phone that was thrown up from his sudden jump. And true enough, it was Seunghyun, the picture of the two of them blinking on the screen proved it. He took a deep breath and answered the call as he curled back on the bed.

 

“Hyung?..”

 

“Jiyong..” the dark voice said from the other line. Jiyong can’t help but smile. He missed his voice so much that it hurts.

 

“Hey hyung, why’d you call?”

 

“I just wanted to check how you’re doing. Where are you?”

 

Jiyong hesitated for a while. He knew that Seunghyun would worry that he’s spending the day alone. And he didn’t want that. Like I said, he didn’t want to be a burden to Seunghyun.

 

“I-I’m at the cafeteria actually.” He lied, slipping out a fake laugh, pretending that he was having fun.

 

“Oh..”

 

A few seconds of silence was heard and Jiyong was starting to panic a little that maybe Seunghyun found out that he was lying. He didn’t want Seunghyun to think that he was an unfaithful boyfriend. He just didn’t want Seunghyun to worry about him right now.

 

“Hyung?”

 

“Oh sorry… Were you eating? Am I disturbing you?”

 

“Of course not, Hyung. I was actually thinking about you..”

 

“Yeah? Like what?”

 

“Like.. everything. I just.. I just miss you, Hyung.”

 

Jiyong had to cover his mouth as he tried to stop himself from crying. He had to hold himself. If he would cry now, Seunghyun would definitely think that there’s something going on.

 

A chuckle was heard from the other line.

 

“I miss you too, Ji.”

 

This time, Jiyong couldn’t help it as a small tear fell from his face.

 

“I.. I have to go, Hyung. YG’s calling me.” He lied again. How many times has he had to lie to Seunghyun. 

 

“Oh okay… and Jiyong…”

 

“Yes, Hyung?”

 

“Don’t lie to me again.”

 

This time though the sound didn’t came from the phone, it came from the door in front of the bed. Jiyong uncurled himself from the bed and looked up and saw Seunghyun smiling at him, with his body leaning on the door frame, his head cocking to the side with his phone in one hand, right next to his ear. Seunghyun sighed and turned off his phone and walked towards Jiyong who was practically paralyzed on the bed.

 

How did that happen? He didn’t even hear Seunghyun enter the dorm, let alone open his bedroom door. Seunghyun climbed on the bed and laid himself right next to his boyfriend, facing him who was still gaping at him with his mouth slightly opened. Seunghyun can’t help but chuckled at the sight. Shaking his head a little, Seunghyun took Jiyong’s phone that was still plastered on his ear and turned it off as well.

 

“H-hyung.. How did you…” Jiyong mumbled, he still couldn’t believe what was happening. Seunghyun is right here. His Seunghyun. The one person that he wanted to see more than anyone else was lying right next to him.

 

“I wanted to surprise you, you know. You did a good job not letting anyone know you had a day off, but you can never hide anything from me, Ji. I know you.”

 

Jiyong couldn’t hold it in anymore. He reached out and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend and sobbed on his chest. Tears finally burst from his eyes. He just missed Seunghyun so much.

 

“Shh… I’m right here. I’m not going anywhere.” Soothed Seunghyun as he wrapped his arms around his boyfriend, gently rubbing his back, calming him down.

 

After a few minutes of cuddling, Jiyong finally stopped crying and looked up, his eyes were slightly swelling from the crying.

 

“How did you know I was here?”

 

“Like I said, Ji. I know you. I knew you would rather just stay in your room than go out on your day off.”

 

“Oh…”

 

“You probably thought that you would disturb me if you called didn’t you?”

 

Jiyong didn’t have any words to say right now. He choked again as he felt tears building up in his eyes. All he could do was slightly nod his head and press his body onto Seunghyun’s even more.

 

“Stupid..” chuckled Seunghyun, “That would never happen. You know that I would always choose you over work anytime, right?”

 

“But… you were working.. and I didn’t want you to worry so…”

 

“So you lied to me…”

 

“I’m sorry.. Please don’t hate me..” Jiyong apologized. But Seunghyun only pulled Jiyong up until he was face to face with him. Tears were in his adorable eyes again. Seunghyun reached out with his hand and wiped them away with his thumb.

 

“Stop crying, okay?.... I’m not mad. I don’t hate you. I could never hate you, Jiyong. No matter what you do, no matter how much you yell at my dancing during practice, no matter how much you at us during rehearsals, no matter how annoying GDragon can be, you would always be my Kwon Jiyong. That’ll never change.”

 

With that, Seunghyun leaned forward and pressed their lips together. It’s been a long time since they’ve kissed like this. Jiyong wrapped his arms around Seunghyun’s neck while Seunghyun wrapped his on Jiyong waist. Both of them pulling each other closer, making the kiss deeper. Jiyong opened his mouth a bit more and allowed Seunghyun to explore his mouth with his tongue. They were like that for a few minutes and after what seemed like forever they finally detached themselves from one other but with their arms still wrapped around the other.

 

“Don’t ever think that you’re a burden to me okay, Ji?”

 

“Okay, Hyung. Sorry…”

 

“And stop apologizing..”

 

“Sorry..”

 

“Ji….” The man pouted and Jiyong can’t help but giggle at the sight.

 

 This was what he missed the most, just hanging out with his Seunghyun, arms wrapped around each other, playing and fooling around. Nothing could ever break their moments like this, not even GDragon. Their very own Gtop moments were something no mere words could ever explain. This was somehow much sweeter, much fluffier because it was real. No matter how many fanfics Jiyong had read, nothing could every compare to the real thing.

 

They stayed like that for a few minutes until the younger one finally fell asleep with arms tightly wrapped around Seunghyun threatening to never let go, like Seunghyun was ever going to let that happen.