Of cardigans and jackets

The bet

Currently I'm thinking about changing the title of the story... not too sure yet^^

 

 

 

 

 

He stares at me.

I stare at him.

He stares at me.

I stare at him.

He stares at me.

.

.

.

.

I stare at the closed door.

What the...

"Hyukjae?!"

I pound against the door.

"Y-yes?"

"Why did you close the door?"

"..."

"Hyukjae?" I put my ear against the wood and would have nearly met the ground when he all of sudden opens the door again.

I stumble and grab the door frame.

"Donghae?"

"I'm fine, perfectly fine." I say and straighten up just to meet his gaze again. There are red spots in his face.

He seems to be nervous.

"How did you get here that fast?" he finally asks after a few seconds of silence.

I point at my apartment door, relieved that he started the conversation again. " I live over there."

Didn't know eyes could become that huge and round.

"Y-y-you l-l-l-live th-there?!"

"Yes..."

He supports himself at the doorknob as if he's got a sudden qualm.

"You're okay?" I ask worriedly.

He just nods. "Totally...fine..."

I stare at his face for a second too long.

He really seems to be alright.

Only the tip of his nose got a little bit too pale for my liking.

I put my attention back to the apartment.

"So.", I ask, trying to sound as unaffected as possible. " Where's your friend?"

You're hopefully ugly friend you deep inside not even like.

"In the bathroom.", he says, slightly closing the door again.

I narrow my eyes.

He's a bad liar.

I've never seen a person my age here.

Come to think of it.

I should pay more attention to my surroundings. To be honest: I might know one or two other people that also live in this apartment complex. And one of them is the landlady. The others are like... ghosts to me.

When I come home the newspaper I saw lying in front of the door in the morning vanished and sometimes I can hear music that gets through the walls.

They don't do anything that annoys me and I do the same.

And it's not like I dislike my anti-social life at home.

"Why are there only your shoes on the floor?"

"Hhh?"

I point at the floor.

Sorry Hyukjae.  That's my stalker nature. I observe you kind of... a lot. I know the clothes you wear.

"We have the same taste."

"Same jacket taste, too?"

"What?"

"The wardrobe."

There's the blue jacket I love so much every time he wears it. Myungsoo from the drama department got the same but you can't compare those two.

"I don't know what you mean."

"This is your jacket."

"That isn't a jacket."

"What is it?"

"It's a... cardigan."

" Therefore a jacket. Your jacket."

"A cardigan isn't a jacket. It's a cardigan."

" You can put your arms into it and close it at the front. And I don't even know if it would make any difference if this was cardigan. Which it isn't. It's a jacket. And it's clearly yours. And I'm 100% sure that I've seen you wearing the others ones hanging there, too. Don't try to tell me your friend offers you his whole wardrobe for only you to use. "

"I..."

He hangs his head.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" I ask softly.

He nods slowly.

"Can I come in?"

"Yes."

He looks into my face, his mesmerizing eyes once again affecting my heartbeat.

"Donghae..." he says, nearly whispering.

"Yes?" I breathe while my mind already plays all of the possible scenarios that could happen now.

that stupid bet.

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"You want to change first? Aren't you cold in only boxers and your shirt?"

 

 

 

***

 

Hyukjae

 

He's sitting at my unworthy sofa, in my unworthy living- room, in my unworthy apartment and he's sparkling even more than ever, surrounded by unworthy things, also called my belongings and the unworthy me who's a disgrace to the angel in front of me.

Kangin- hyung always says I shouldn't talk that overblown all the time but I can't help it. I've always preferred to read  sob stuff, and that's just the normal style in there.

He doesn't seem to feel awkward the way he looks at his surroundings. I wouldn't even be able to breath... hell, even staying conscious would be difficult if I'd ever enter his apartment.

His apartment...

Which is right across the floor.

And it didn't help that he showed up in only boxers. Holy crap, I nearly fainted when I saw his... let me call it scanty clothing. He's got nice legs...

Aigoo. I'm forever lost.

,, Hyukjae?"

 

 

Donghae

 

He stays in the middle of the room, clearly lost in his thoughts.  

"Hyukjae?"

He snaps out of his thoughts and turns his attention back to me. His smile seems forced. Nevertheless it's cute, combined with his slightly red cheeks.

"Sorry.", He looks around, clearly not knowing what to do. "Are you thirsty?"

" A little."

"I'll get you something."

I follow him with my gaze.

He seems to be totally out of it.

I didn't disturb him with my... my slightly appearance?

As if.

I wasn't .

He can take it.

.

.

.

.

Who do I want to convince? We're talking about Lee Hyukjae.

 He's pure. He's innocent.

I'm a monster.

How could I?

But otherwise...

I narrow my eyes and stare at his back. He washes two glasses in the sink, not noticing my stare.

He gets awkward when he sees me half ? Doesn't that mean he's attracted to me? I mean, which straight guy would act like that around another guy?

"Here you go."

He puts two glasses on the table and takes a seat at a chair right across of me.

"Thanks.", I take a sip and put the glass back. "So."

"So..."

"Well."

"We...ll..."

"Hyukjae?", a warm smile appears on my lips. " Stop being awkward around me. It makes me feel awkward and then everything gets awkward and... just... Act normal. You know what I mean."

He blushes (which I get quiet addicted to).

His hands seem to be more interesting than me.

I decided to be a little bit more blunt. "You want to tell me something?"

"Hmm..."

"Actually no. Right?"

And I don't like it when he shakes his head slightly. I want to be his number one. Nothing more. But also nothing less. I want to be the one he shares all those things that keep his mind busy with.

I scratch my head and say. " You know. I'm just worried. It's kind of odd that your brothers keep talking about you living with your parents while you clearly live alone in this apartment. I really don't want to be curious but I don't like it when there are secrets between us."

What the hell...

I don't like it when there are secrets between us?

I could have handed him my heart on a silver platter and it would have been less fishy.

Did he wince slightly?

Before I can start to tear at my hair his voice rings out.

"They don't know.", he says softly, still avoiding my gaze. "I haven't told them."

"They think you still live at home. Didn't your parents tell them?"

He takes a his glass, stops halfway to his mouth and puts it back. "Well... they would have told them. If they wouldn't think I live together with my brothers."

Okay.

Now it's getting interesting.

 

 

 

 

If you have the time, please take a look at the ff of my beloved dongsaeng^^ she a great writer and you won't regret reading this.

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/404854/blue-moon-the-damaged-love-the-damaged-romance-exo-kai-jongin-kyungsoo-kaisoo-aumeme

And for now: Thanks for commenting and subscribing and upvoting. I love all of you :)