Chapter 1--

Horror Movie

 

Ren stretched out, pulling the next DVD from the pile to his left. Lifting it to his face he saw that it was one of those American horror films. Shuddering he called to Baekho, summoning him downstairs. There was no way he was breaking this marathon DVD watching session, and he figured a teddy bear might just be the cure he needed to get through these horrible films.

“Ahh Minki….” Baekho groaned sleepily as he trotted down the stairs, a hand in his silver-blonde hair. “Do you know what time it is?”

Ren looked up, his brown eyes wide as he shook his head innocently. “Aniyo, why is it late?” The boy replied, scratching the back of his head sheepishly.

“Yeah, Minki. It’s like one in the morning.” As if to punctuate the statement Baekho yawned, a fist coming up to cover his gaping mouth. “What do you need?”

“Can you watch this with me Hyung?” Ren blinked holding up the case. Frowning Baekho moved to sit down next to the blonde haired boy and took the case from his hand.

“Why do you want to watch this, Minki?” He asked, perusing the back of the DVD, an eyebrow lifted.

“Marathon.” Ren replied, shrugging lightly and reclining back against the seat of the couch behind him, crossing his legs. Baekho just nodded, remembering the last time Ren had done this. The blonde haired boy had scared himself to death watching all these horror films. He’d had nightmares for weeks, leaving Baekho to try and comfort him in the nights and go without sleep himself. He couldn’t let it happen this time and so he figured that sitting up for a few hours with the quiet boy was for the best in the long run.

And so he crawled to the DVD player to place the CD into its depths and watched as the machine the disc in and started whirring. He shuffled back and settled himself against the couch, curling his legs underneath himself, resting a well-muscled arm over Ren’s shoulders. A frightened but curious glance was cast at the older boy beside him, a slight pink tinge covering his cheeks as Ren shuffled closer.

The movie started, the credits punctuated with creep music and the colors one would expect in a film, and Ren seemed pretty calm for the moment.

“Baekho-Hyung?” Ren asked, not looking up at the older boy. Baekho grunted, turning his face down to look at Ren. “Can we have something to eat?” Baekho laughed lightly, disengaging himself from Ren gently.

“Sure.” He said, standing and moving to the kitchen to look for snacks for the bottomless pit. Popcorn, perfect. He stood, listening to the sound of the snack in the microwave as he waited. Meanwhile in the media room Ren his lips, the scent of the buttery treat permeating the air. Baekho carried the snack out and placed the bowl on top of Ren’s thighs, sliding down to the floor he curled his arm around the blonde’s shoulders once more as Ren forced a handful of fluffy white corn into his open mouth. Smiling fondly, Baekho filled his own mouth and turned his attention back to the film where a girl was running down a corridor, her face smothered in fake blood. A slender hand covered Ren’s mouth as he waited for the punch line of the scene. Ren had just stuffed another handful of the popcorn into his mouth when the creature burst from a wall, stopping the girl in her tracks, the fright forcing the popcorn from Ren’s mouth as he gasped, his head twisting to press against Baekho’s chest. Baekho spared the boy a quick glance before turning his attention back to the movie, captivated. Ren whimpered, his hand in Baekho’s bed-shirt. Baekho brought a hand up to comb idly through the blonde locks, realizing that the boy was quite seriously scared this time.

“Hey, Minki?” He asked softly, pausing the movie. “You alright?” Baekho lifted the younger boy’s face to look into his eyes carefully as Ren shook his head, snuggling back against Baekho’s shoulder. Baekho held the boy tight for a moment before asking “Do you want me to turn it off?” Ren whimpered again, nodding his head quickly. Sighing, the silver-blonde haired boy stood and returned the DVD to its case, switching the T.V off.

“But my marathon…” Ren sighed, his eyes wide as he watched Baekho return the DVD’s to their shelf. Baekho turned and smiled at Ren.

“You’ve watched quite a few today already Ren. Wasn’t that enough?” Ren frowned, shaking his head enthusiastically. Sighing Baekho moved to sit beside Ren once more, pulling the boy closer. “Why not?”

“Well because I want to watch more movies.” Ren stated, crossing his arms and pouting. Baekho leaned in, his lips brushing against Ren’s gently before the younger boy jerked away, his eyes wide as he stared at Baekho. “Wha--?” He whispered before climbing to his feet and rushing up the stairs without a backward glance.

Ren lay in his bed, fingers held to his lips as he remembered that short, gentle kiss. He lay on his back, staring at the ceiling wondering just where that had come from. He and Baekho had always been close, yes, but not in a romantic way and besides Ren wasn’t gay…

But then why did I enjoy it? He thought, looking down at his thighs remembering the way his manhood had hardened as those lips touched his, how it responded at the memory alone. Ren rolled over onto his side and pulled his knees up to his chest, willing the butterflies to go away. He wondered at the feeling inside him, that fluttering happy feeling. Ren soon fell asleep, a light smile playing across his face.

The next morning Ren awoke to the sounds of pots and pans clattering in the kitchen and the boy leaped from his bed to race downstairs. JR stood at the sink, the pots and pans from breakfast piled into the strainer, dripping with suds still.

“Where’s the food?” Ren asked, peering curiously over JR’s shoulder.

“Baekho said you weren’t hungry…” JR replied, an eyebrow cocked in suspicion. Ren frowned and shook his head, wondering why Baekho had told JR something like that.

“Well I am.” Ren stated and sidled past JR to pull food from the fridge. He sat at the table with the apple and bit into it, chewing the mouthful slowly as he thought over Baekho’s actions.

So he kissed me last night and then lies about my hunger this morning. What on earth is wrong with hyung today? Ren sighed, resting his head on his free hand, the half eaten apple held out in front of him. Blonde hair slipped over his face and he puffed it away irritably. Why was Baekho acting like this? Ren brought the apple to his lips once more, his teeth sinking into the flesh as Baekho strode passed the table, sparing just a single glance at the blonde haired boy that twisted to stare after him as he continued out of the dorm, the door slamming behind him. Ren stood and dropped the half-eaten apple into the bin and tied his hair back in a rough tail before sprinting out after Baekho, still in the rumpled bed-clothes he had worn the night before, his feet still bare.

“Baekho-hyung!” Ren cried out, grabbing the older boy by the arm and spinning him around. “Why are you avoiding me?” He muttered, his anger withering under Baekho’s gaze, his hand still clutching the sleeve of Baekho’s shirt. Baekho simply stared at Ren, his eyes reproachful before he stepped back, pulling his arm from Ren’s grip. “Baekho…” Ren whispered, a single tear slipping from his eye. “Why?” The older boy spun around, his face angry, his fists clenched.

“Because you rejected me first, Minki.” He cried before turning away again and storming away from the blonde haired boy. Ren sighed, wiping a slender hand hastily over his eyes before rushing back to the dorms.

“Ren! Hey Minki! Helllooooo dongsaeng? MINKI?” Aron called after Ren, trotting along behind the boy. Ren spun to look at Aron, his anger fading as he saw the concern in the older boy’s face. “What happened Ren?” He asked, reaching towards Ren to place a hand on his arm.

“Baekho, he… Well I dunno but he’s angry.” Aron nodded as Ren spoke in between heaving breaths.

“He kissed you right?” Aron asked, knowing the answer. He had seen the whole thing, but didn’t understand why the two were so angry with each other. Ren looked shocked, his mouth gaping open for a moment before he came to his sense and shut it.

“How’d you know?” Ren mumbled, feeling his cheeks burn again.

“I saw it, Minki.” Ren nodded and rubbed the back of his neck, looking down at Aron’s feet.

“He hates me now.” Ren stated, tears now spilling freely from his eyes as Aron pulled him against his chest.

“No, no. I’m sure he’s just as confused as you.” Aron mumbled into Ren’s messy hair. He held Ren at arm’s length and smiled warmly. “You just need to sort things out. Let me go talk to Baekho okay?” Ren nodded and pulled Aron back to hug him enthusiastically.

“Thank you…” He whispered.

 

Aron ran up behind Baekho, skidding to a stop beside the boy and kept pace easily. “Hi Baekho. Didn’t think I’d find you here!” He said a little too happily. Baekho turned to look at him sarcastically.

“You didn’t? Just happened upon me did you?” Baekho spat before speeding up, forcing Aron to break into a light trot.

“Hey whoa! Baekho, man, wait!” Aron cried out, grabbing onto Baekho’s arm. “Dude what’s wrong?” He asked watching as Baekho’s face clouded over.

“Ren…” Baekho mumbled as Aron nodded. “He… well he doesn’t like me.” Baekho whispered, his fists clenched at his sides.

“Hmm I think you might be wrong there Baek.” Aron said thoughtfully. “But I guess it is none of my business whether you and Minki live in sadness for the rest of your lives.” He scratched at his chin, watching Baekho from the corner of his eye. The boy fidgeted and hopped lightly from foot to foot.

“You think he likes me too?” Baekho asked only to receive a nonchalant shrug from the older male.

“I dunno to be honest but you should find out at least.” Aron replied before turning and waving casually over his shoulder, a smile playing across his face.

 

Baekho turned after Aron and stared for a moment, thinking on the words before he headed off after him, his stride long and quick. Ren stood in the media room, pacing back and forth as he seriously thought over his feelings. Everything he came up with pointed to Baekho, pointed to him being gay and in some ways he hated it. It wasn’t enough to look so feminine; of course his body would go the whole extra mile. Ren covered his face, dropping to a squat in the middle of the room, his hair falling down his neck again. The door burst open and Ren shot to his feet to find himself face to face with Baekho, a panicked look etched across his face.

“Ren…” He breathed, his eyes wide and staring.

“I love you” Both boys spoke at once and burst out laughing, latching on to each other as their bodies convulsed in mirth.

“Ahh hyung!” Ren laughed, clutching Baekho close to him, his fist twisted in the material of Baekho’s loose clothing. The laughter soon subsided and Ren found himself mesmerized by Baekho’s dark eyes. Baekho ran a hesitant hand through Ren’s hair, catching at the tie that held it up. Baekho tugged lightly, feeling the soft strands fall over his wrist as Ren’s hair was released from its restraints. Ren looked up to Baekho, his eyes wide and trusting as Baekho cupped his face, a thumb caressing his cheek gently as lips descended to connect with his own.

Here was where Ren belonged, in Baekho’s strong arms. Ren reached up to trace the lines of Baekho’s face curiously, following his nose, his jaw, his ear.

“Gah! Find a room!” Minhyun cried out, covering his eyes and running from the room. Ren turned after him, a pink tongue poking out from beneath cupid’s-bow lips. Baekho laughed and captured that tongue with his lips, kissing it gently before pulling Ren closer until their bodies were flush against each other, their tongues dancing between them. “Minki…” Baekho sighed.

Finally pulling away for air the two separated, Ren pressing his face to Baekho’s chest, suddenly quite sure of exactly how he felt, and it wasn’t so bad after all. Not really that scary.