Where I'm Safe

Attached Hearts

Jongup POV

 

I wasn't listening, I know I should have but I....I just couldn't bring myself to care.

We had been on this train for 3 hours. 

For 3 hours hyungs had been talking to me. 

"It's not your fault Jongup. You need to understand it's not your fault"

"We're not doing this because you did anything wrong, we just want to help you."

"It's for the best really, just spend the summer there and if all goes well you can come home."

"You might even have fun Guppie look" I can hear hyung pulling out a pamphlet " Oooo it says there will be a strawberry festival there, OH and look here theres...."

I blocked them out. I don't care what waits for me in Yeosu.......... I just want to go home.

My head rested on the window as I look at the changing scenery.

Why do I want to go home?

I don't even know anymore. Theres nothing there for me. Not now.

Seoul was always moving, there was never a moment when it slept. But there was a place I would always go, it was peaceful, it seemed untouched by man.

I would go there and I would look out at the city.

It didn't matter if I was sad or if I was happy, that place, that wonderful place, is where I would go.

I spent most of my childhood there. Hyungs were always out working, so when I was lonely I would go there.

When I was 10 I saw a boy there. He didn't talk to me and he never told me his name, but we would play. We would play for hours before I finally had to go back home but I would leave with a promise to comeback tomorrow.

Since the moment we met, anytime I would go to that place, he would be there.

Hyungs thought I had an imaginary friend. "What kind of boy doesn't talk? Where are his parents? What is his name?"............... I started to think I had an imaginary friend too. 

As that friend and I got older he would just listen to me. I told him everything

How people in school treated me like an idiot

How I wanted to get a job so hyungs didn't have to work so hard.

How I missed my parents  

He never once talked, in the whole time I knew him he never said a word. he just listened.

Over time he became that place. What was once a quiet and peaceful place was now a quiet and peaceful person. It wasn't a beautiful view of the city but a beautiful view of that boy.

My imaginary friend that I could only see in that place.

I felt safe with that person and attached my heart to him. All my dreams, all my sorrows. They were all safe with him.

Then 6 months ago I was having a good day, I went there so I could share it with that person.

I was so glad to see him there by the edge looking out at the city. I didn't care for the view though, I just wanted to talk to that person.  

"Chingu!" I called out to him as I waved

He turned and smiled at me, it was a sad smile, one I hadn't seen before.

"Why is my imaginary friend sad?" I wondered 

My own smile faltered as I tried to understand.

Why would he be sad.........

I took a step towards him, a look of worry on my face.

He waved at me.

He jumped.

 

 

Paramedics had come, my brothers too.

"Who was this boy?" the officer asked me "We need to contact his family."

I said nothing

"Who was he Jonggupie?" hyung asked me

I couldn't breathe.

I couldn't.........

Hyung was shaking me "You need to tell us who he was Jongup!"

I stared at him blankly 

"My imaginary friend" I said in a small voice

I barely registered hyungs looking at each other with shocked faces.

The police looked into it, trying to find out who the boy was but...

No one was looking for a child that fit his description.

His dna wasn't in any data base.

No one responded to the fliers.

It was as if he didn't exist.

How cold no one miss him? Why didn't anyone care?

I was inconsolable. I wouldn't eat I wouldn't talk. I........... 

Hyungs tried their best to "fix" me but to no avail. Every night I would wander back to that place in hopes of finding my imaginary friend. But he was gone.

My not so imaginary friend killed himself and I don't know why.

It doesn't matter now I guess.

Hyungs think it will be better for me if I spend some time with our aunt in Yeosu. They think taking me away from that place will make me "me" again.

But it wont.

I had attached my heart to that person. and now they were both gone.  

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Maybe it's because i'm all emotional lately but

I actually cried writing this T_T

i'm so lame I know but I couldnt help it!!!

Believe it or not this started out as a fluff fic okay.

Ohhh and just so everything is clear. The boy wasnt Imaginary. He was real.

anyways thanks for reading!! //waves//

gif not mine cr. to maker