Chapter 7 → I'm In Flashback

My Boyfriend is a Vampire

Your POV

 

  Another day of dreary learning...

 

  Sighing, I pulled open the closet door to retrieve my uniform before taking my time to put it on. Slipping my lanky arms into the smooth navy blue blazer, the dreadful word flashed in my mind once again, causing me to grimace and freeze. My hands hung limp by my sides.

 

  Vampire.

 

  Snapping myself out of my thoughts, I gathered my long chestnut hair into a high ponytail and lacing up my purple converse high tops, I slung my backpack over one shoulder and shuffled to school. Yet the fateful word did not stop repeating itself.

 

  Woohyun. Sungyeol. And five other guys. Total vampires.

 

  They're not safe, Bae Hyunmi. Stay away from them. They possibly have superior strength and may be able to break all the bones in my body with one hand. They may your blood. They may hurt you. And the deadliest of all, they could kill you.

 

   Thinking about vampires, my thoughts raced back to my family.

 

 

Flashback

 

That was an ordinary day, which started out just like every other day. Yet it wasn't.

The lonely five-year-old girl was all curled up on the seat of the swing, humming merrily to herself together with the cheerful chirping birds high up on the trees. The huge ball of fire hanging high up in the azure blue sky bathed all below in its warm sunshine. 

A bright smile lit up on the young girl's face as she caught sight of her most loved one in the whole world trudging towards her. 

Her father.

Yet she failed to register the flustered look on her father's face as he made his way towards her. Without knowing anything, she rushed forward and enveloped him in a warm embrace.

The lady's pale face appeared in the doorway of the back door leading to the very garden the innocent girl was in. 

"Jang Minji! Get away from him, he's dangerous! He's a vampire! Get away from your father!" the lady shouted as she pointed to the girl's father with a shaky finger.

All the blood drained from the man's face. Yet he could not be described in this way.

Since vampires do not have blood.

The girl clung onto her father for dear life.

"Fine! Since you don't want to budge, I'll leave by myself!" the lady shouted as she ran out of the door, bursting into tears.

After that fateful day, life was difficult for the father and daughter.

Until one day, months after the mother had abandoned the pair, the father decided to take the girl out, something which he hadn't done since the mother had left.

"Minji-ah, let's go somewhere fun."

"Appa, where are we going? We haven't been out since-"

"Just hurry up and come!"

Unknowingly, the girl left with her father who left her at somewhere cold and dilapidated looking on the outside. Shrieks and squeals were heard in it. Leaving her at the counter, she was asked to leave with the assistant.

"Appa!" the girl cried.

"Do what she said. And hurry," the father snapped before leaving her all alone

"Appa...appa..."

Before she knew it, she was taken in by the two staff members of the dreary orphanage, sitting sullenly by the window while weeping.

This day, she has taken on a new indentity. She is Bae Hyunmi

 

End of flashback.

 

 


 

HELLO MY DEAR READERS~♥

 

It's the author, JingWen, here with a message to you all. YES - YOU. The readers of my fanfics, specially My Boyfriend Is A vampire since it's the fanfic I am currently working on.

 

I LOVE YOU~♥ THANK YOU FOR READING AND SUBSCRIBING!

 

I have very little time to update since it seems to get more hectic now even though it's after PSLE. A bunch of projects, including Weebiz which requires us to create products out of recyclable materials; a Pre-Malacca trip project which requires us to create a Powerpoint Slideshow on the history, culture, food, places of interest and economical activities of Malacca before we visit there as part of an educational trip.

 

Still, I'll try my best to update while I can, even if I'm really busy and have minimal time to update, write or even plan, considerng the fact that my mind's clotted up with bunch of useless nonsense (no offence) by the projects. Now, I'm just taking a little break and trying to write as much as I can. Of course, I have to, for all you lovely subscribers.

 

My sincere apologies for the super short chapters and really infrequent updating.

 

So you can understand I got a shock when I entered my account and realised that there were NINETY SEVEN subbies in total. THAT WAS A HUGE SURPRISE! Love you subscribers~♥ Even my totally awful interactive fanfic had 21! I am totally ecstatic. Thanks for all, and I'll continue updating this and hopefully ending it before continuing with TWO stories at a time during my holidays - I'm Your Angel, You're My Dream & School Life - Can I Spice It Up? starring L.Joe of Teen Top and EXO respectively.

 

Please continue supporting me, and I won't let you down. I'll start planning for the next chapter right away~

 

Love you!

 

- JingWen (: