Chapter 4 → Suspicion

My Boyfriend is a Vampire

Sungyeol's  POV

 

   "We all know the right amount. Four teaspoon sizes of blood each, no more and no less, if not the innocent girl dies, or we get dehydrated," I spoke clearly to them. Being the estimation genius, I knew the right amount of blood to drink to avoid any fatalities.

 

   I coaxed my long sharp fangs out of my upper lip and before long, I had sunk them into the girl's neck. The others had also pierced it and were hungrily on the sweet crimson blood, quenching our overwhelming thirst as we sighed in relief and joy. The girl was hysterical. She was shivering in fright, biting her chipped nails with her chattering pearly white teeth.

 

   Feeling bad, I backed away and turned my head to avoid sensing her pain.

 

   "All right guys, time to get out of here. Maknae, erase her memory," Sunggyu ordered. Sungjong obediently obliged, tracing his pinky over the girl's head in a star motion. Immediately, she out, collapsing onto the cool cement floor.

 

   Opening the door to a crack, we made sure no one was looking before striding out, covering most of our thick bloody lips with our filthy hands. At top speed, we rushed to the washroom to coax our fangs back after washing away the leftover blood on them. 

 

Your POV

 

   Finally they're out!

 

   After crouching under the flight of stairs for eternity, the seven handsome guys had finally emerged from the storeroom.

 

   Only to look totally different.

 

   I gasped in horror and slapped a hand over my mouth as I watched the sight unfold before me

 

   Seven guys...all with freakingly two sharp teeth poking out of their lips! And the two fangs...riddled with a strange, crimson red liquid...and then apparently sprinting away at the speed of lightning. Like, practically.

 

   Blood.

 

   I gaped and on my mental note in my head, I added ' blood with fangs' to the list of 'Weird habits what I suppose vampires have'. Sounds silly, yet you can't blame an inquisitive girl for that, can you? I rubbed my throbbing head. Having to digest all this drama on your first day of school is no joke.

 

   Pulling out my lime green notepad, I fished out a violet ink pen and started jotting down facts I could remember about vampires, scribbling in the notebook in scrawny and messy handwriting since my hands were shaking due to my terror.

 

   Hates sunlight. Check. If they don't, they wouldn't have zipped up their BLACK jackets and pull down the HOOD in the sweltering hot weather. Even my baby nephew would have avoided doing that if he didn't want to heat to death.

 

    blood. Check. They have FREAKING FANGS. Two sharp, long incisors. And both decked in disgusting smelly crimson blood. That must have shown that they had blood with them. And those were super sharp...even sharper than surgical needles.

 

   Superior speed and strength. Check. Well...for the speed. Dude, did you even see the speed which they ran at? Like lightning. Totally at the speed of light. Whatever it is, it's definitely not normal. And seeing those bulging muscles, they probably have abnormally huge strength as well.

 

   Hates garlic. Well...I've gotta prove that soon.

 

   But firstly, I've gotta check on Jenny. Inching closer to make sure the possibly vampires had gone, I creaked open the door and tiptoed inside silently. Dashing towards Jenny's unconscious figure on quick light steps, I checked her neck, which was the body part vampires targeted the most on television and in story books.

 

   Well, my suspicion was correct. Her perfect fair and smooth skin on her neck was totally ruined. Seven pairs of crescent markings had been created, though they seemed to be fading away. But definitely ought to leave scars.

   They looked like fingernail marks, only deeper. Thinking of the sharp pain she had to endure, my heart ached for my class monitor. Especially since the fangs would probably cause lots of blood to erupt and she would have to see the vampires all of that up.

 

   Yet I had no idea what to do.

 

   Sighing, I softly tiptoed out of the storeroom and strolled to the classroom to get my lunch, a million questions were acing though my head. 

 

   Who were they? Or should I say, what were they?

 

   Do they always target innocent girls?

 

   What if they target me?

 

   Would they harm anyone again?

 

   After reaching my classroom which was a stone's throw away from the garden, I rummaged though the first compartment of my backpack and whipped out a lunch box. Probably prepared by the government officials assigned to take care of my school needs for my first day.

 

   The strong whiff of the delightful aroma was a blessing to my nostrils as my mouth watered. My mind seemed to shoot awake at once.

 

   My favourite, and the vampires' enemy - garlic bread!

 

   As I smirked to myself, a plan started to form in my head