Chapter 29 → Father

My Boyfriend is a Vampire

Your POV

 

  I was listening to them all the while.

 

  Just pretending to be fast asleep, when I'm actually not and listening intently to their conversation, which put me in deep curiosity.

 

  Yeah, I admit it. Despite the lip-locking with Hyunseung and his heartfelt confession after that and the dumping of my super adorable Rilakkuma bear and me accepting his ring - a beautiful one of a shiny silver band with a small amethyst diamond on it - I liked it on Woohyun's back, feeling warm beneath his red checkered plaid shirt. And I also admit that I still had some feelings for Woohyun. Romantic feelings.

 

  So with my hands clung around his equally warm neck and legs wrapped around his slim but slightly muscular body, I leaned my head against his shoulder and made myself comfortable. Well...to be honest, I needn't even make myself comfortable, since he was cosy himself. Closing my eyes, I tried to relax. And probably they took this for sleeping.

 

  With all the wind brushing past us, it was really cooling but kind of cold, so I dug my head into Woohyun's back and felt the nice ol' warmth oozing throughout my body. Yet after a while, I felt something - a little cooler than the warm back and neck - press against me tightly and drape an arm around my shoulder.

 

  Which wasn't the best feeling ever, as compared to being piggybacked by a breathtakingly handsome guy radiating such warmth and mysterious aura, and feeling so comfortable that it must have been a dream, and definitely not real, especially going at such a speed and feeling the wind rush past...even hearing it. A relaxing, comfortable and cosy scene, interrupted by a jealous man who wanted to vy for her attention.

 

  Honestly, I felt irritated. And frowned.

 

  "Stop with the skinship already. I told you I can't stand public displays of affection!" a hurried deep male voice snapped in annoyance and irritation, which could be heard clearly in his voice.

 

  "Oh yeah? Aren't you displaying it yourself?" another velvety male voice retorted. The hand on my left shoulder clenched and pulled me to the left, to which I grunted.

 

  "Well? I'm just trying to get her home as soon as possible so that she can have a good night's rest at a comfortable place in a comfortable position. If you don't want your lovely girlfriend to have a nice place to sleep cosily, it's up to you, then!" the first voice called out, even more loudly. Nam Woohyun, I would rather sleep here, comfortably on your back than sleep on my own bed in my own bedroom.

 

  "Well, if that's the case, then she'll be fine enough on my own back!" the second voice snapped.

 

   No!

 

  "No way, we're reaching home soon already, so why make the change? And don't forget, right now we're in the middle of the lush forest, which is damp and foggy and packed with trees. Why don't you lead the way, huh?" Oh, so no wonder it feels kind of wet and much colder than before...yet I still have Woohyun's back to provide and supply me with never-ending warmth.

 

   I felt kind of...excited - exhilarated, really. Come on, it isn't every day that two guys fight or quarrel over you - even if one of them happens to be your boyfriend of a few minutes and the other a nobody who doesn't even bear the simplest feelings for you. Or so I thought. Since I always thought it was my one-sided crush.

 

  "Well, look what we have here! Jang Minji is home!" a strange, slightly familiar voice resounded around, filling my ears and making my heart stop.

 

  Jang Minji - that's my real name!

 

  Who is that? And how does he know my real name? I've used 'Bae Hyunmi' since I was registered into the orphanage since I wanted to change my identity and forget my useless, tragic past, going on with the present like I never even had parents, and that was when I was only a mere five years old. I am now...sixteen years old. It's been a whole eleven years!

 

  Needless to say, my eyes popped wide open.

 

  And my eyeballs literally popped out of their sockets.

 

No One's POV

 

  He was every bit the same as what he looked like eleven years ago.

 

  Okay, well, not every bit, but he still looked...familiar. Familiar enough for Hyunmi to recognise him. Strands of silver and white gleamed in his slightly messy and curly jet black hair, bangs swept to the left. His smiling eyes were the same - black orbs dabbed with a little red which Hyunmi could hardly comprehend why. His nose was still slim and his lips were thin, but a paler pink than it was eleven years ago. Wrinkles filled up the empty spaces on his skin.

 

  The wrinkled skin on his gnarled hands were stretched out tightly around his bones, his red veins showing. Shouldn't they be blue? Why are they red? Hyunmi glanced at them and stared at her own. Hers were definitely...bluer than his, but yet they weren't completely blue like the sapphire sky or the azure blue ocean.

 

  Dressed casually in a white V-neck T-shirt and a pair of ripped jeans, he was still a fashionable person like he was eleven years ago, yet his fashion choice didn't seem to fit his old self any more. Years ago, he totally seemed like a fashionista head to toe, with his godly, sharp features and tall, muscular figure, yet now his face was 'vandalised' with age lines and he became...skinny.

 

  The bright twinkle always seen in his eyes whenever they had time playing with each other had mysteriously disappeared. In its place, however, was a sad glimmer as he glanced at Hyunmi, eyes sad but his lips still being pulled upwards.

 

  "I told you, mister, there's no such person here named Jang Minji. Her name is Bae Hyunmi, not Jang-"

 

  "Why, isn't she there?" the old man pointed at Hyunmi, still snuggled on Woohyun's back but her eyes, however, huge.

 

  While the rest looked behind the trio which had just stepped in, Hyunmi flushed. She knew that Jang Minji was her. She was Jang Minji.

 

  And he was her father.

 

  Was.

 

   Sliding off Woohyun's back in a jiffy, she stalked over to the man, gave him a death glare of distaste, shoved him over and stormed upstairs, slamming the room door.