Chapter 2 → Love At First Sight

My Boyfriend is a Vampire

Your POV

 

   As I stared into space outside, I waited impatiently for the teacher to break the awkwardness. Studying the students' expressions carefully, I caught a glimpse of these four guys, radiating an aura since they were so attractive.

 

   Yeah, there was this huge bunch of girls crowding around them squealing like pigs and flirting yet none of the guys were paying even the slightest attention to them. They remained cold.

 

   And then unexpectedly just as I was shaking my head disapprovingly at the girls' behaviour, one of the hot guys caught my attention.

 

   Man, he's HANDSOME!

 

   The beautiful eyes, not too small and not too big, lined with a tiny bit of eyeliner; an aquiline nose which definitely had not gone through plastic surgery ever; those full pale pink lips which seemed so inviting... He attracted me the most out of the four gorgeous boys. Yet those boys seem not to cherish the girls' admiration, and were SHIRKING away.

 

   Gosh...and there I was gazing dreamingly at HIM.

 

   "Ahem, new girl...Bae Hyunmi, nice to meet you. I'm Mr Kim, your Maths teacher," a kind of short dinosaur-like teacher strolled up to me and commented. Nodding my head and flashing a fake smile at him, I shuffled behind him into the classroom awkwardly.

 

   "Erm, hello! I'm Bae Hyunmi, and I'm a new student..." I introduced after Mr Kim instructed me to. I could not help stealing glances at that hot guy. I could not wait to find out his name. Well, that's just how curious I am.

 

Woohyun's POV

 

   Just as I was flipping to the next page of The Hunger Games, I heard an unfamiliar but kind-of sweet voice reverberate through the classroom. 

 

   Peering upwards, I saw a seemingly average girl wearing thick glasses with purple frames introducing herself while uncomfortably adjusting the straps of her leather backpack and awkwardly touching her long braid which trailed down her back. Without taking much notice, I returned to my book, only to feel an intense gaze on me.

 

   Glancing up once more, I spotted the girl staring at me unconsciously.

 

   'Don't tell me it's another obsessed one,' I thought to myself and rolled my eyes. I was already getting tired of those flirty girls who swooned over me like I was a statue in a museum or something. The girl shuffled forward and pulled a chair back, creating a screeching sound as she sat on it.

 

   It took me moments to realise that she was sitting right in front of me. Damn, why must annoying girl be so close?

 

   "Hey, I'm Hyunmi. What's your name?" I heard the same voice chirp again. There she was, sitting in front of me, whipping backwards to face me with a neat braid dangling over her back. She beamed broadly and stuck out her long lanky arm.

 

   "Woohyun," I replied coldly and ignored her, continuing with the interesting book without shaking her hand. Man, she smelled...sweet. How can someone so annoying have such sweet blood...

 

Your POV

 

   How rude of him, didn't even shake my hand...

 

   I frowned and my eyebrows slanted downwards a little as I slowly put my hand down, ignoring the irritating girls' giggles at his ignorance and turned around to face the front with disappointment written all over my face.  

 

   "If he doesn't want to shake hands, I will! Hi Hyunmi, I'm Sungyeol, it's nice to meet you!" one of the four boys, apparently a cheerful dork, exclaimed next to me and lifted his hand from the table, reaching out to me with a huge gummy smile on his face.

 

   Grateful that he was able to overcome my earlier embarrassment, I slipped my tender hand into his, grinning at him and showing my pearly whites. He's actually kind of cute too...

 

   Well, being this close to him, I could just compare him to a cute fluffy hamster.

 

Sungyeol's POV

 

   She's shaking my hand! She's smiling! Oh, how soft, how gentle the touch is...and her sweet smile...

 

   Does this count as love at first sight?

 

   But then...I'm a vampire, she's a human, what will Sunggyu say?