Chapter 28 → Mysterious Guest

My Boyfriend is a Vampire

warning: some really short kiss scenes, please skip this if you are uncomfortable 

 

Woohyun's POV

 

  Slamming down the corded telephone forcefully with a satisfying bang, rolling my eyes in irritation at Sunggyu who unfortunately did not sense my annoyance and shooting Sungyeol a concerned glance, I put on my black checkered hooded jacket and raced out of the house at top speed. On the way, images of Sungyeol seeming so depressed and tearing up continued to flash in my mind, increasing my curiosity.

 

  He...he cried. That's very uncommon for vampires, since the salt in tears will cause stinging when they come into contact with skin. Sungyeol...he knows better than to cry like that, and it must be causing him lots of pain, when the tears roll down his cheeks. I wonder where he went with Sunggyu just now, and speaking of that, where is Hyunmi? And Hyunseung?

 

  Couple? Hyunseung & Hyunmi? Since when were they a couple? Sunggyu hyung didn't mean it literally, did he? And how did he know? Had he been stalking them? And then again, why was he? And was Sungyeol with him all day long, since they came home at about the same time? What did Sungyeol see that he began to cry?

 

  Thousands of questions ran through my mind, all waiting for their specific answers, yet they were all so messed up in my head that I could barely search for an answer in it. Confusion overcame me as any ideas and solutions I had to the situation disappeared into thin air. 

 

  Nam Woohyun, don't you think of anything. Concentrate. Hyunmi has asked you to pick her up, so you go to where she asked you to, and bring her safely home. She told you to go to the NEX shopping mall, so hurry up.

 

  Squeezing my eyes shut, I breezed through the foggy forest with tiny drops of the fog clinging onto my thick brown hair. Opening my eyes again, I found myself rushing past tall buildings, small cottages and colourful cars travelling on the rough roads so quickly that everything was a blur. The only source of light which was able to light my way to the shopping mall was the full moon hanging high up on the jet black sky.

 

  After a few minutes of just dashing around aimlessly, trying to find the shopping mall, a huge building came into view and I visibly relaxed, having found the shopping mall since I had nearly gotten lost just before. Thank god for that huge neon signboard, if not I'll never be able to find the stupid building in this dark. Why can't vampires have a power to see clearly in the dark instead of the stupid vampire sight which can get us nowhere?

 

  Scrambling over to the automatic glass doors at the front of the building, I stepped in front and waited for them to slide open, yet nothing happened. Tapping my foot impatiently, I mentally facepalmed myself. Nam Woohyun! You are a vampire, that stupid automatic sensor can't 'sense' you. Now you have revealed youself to the other people that you aren't human! 

 

  Sighing, I shuffled behind some thick green bushes nearby and crouched behind them, waiting for someone to appear and walk through so that the glass doors would open and I would be able to cross at the speed of light. Just then, a couple strolled out casually, their bodies seeming to be glued together. Yet they seemed...familiar. I straightened up to get a closer look.

 

  The girl's arm was wrapped tightly around the man's waist, and she was leaning on him, seeming to be really tired. The man, who had bright red hair, had his hand on the girl's shoulder, holding her tight against him. Red hair...not everybody has red hair...

 

   A shiny necklace was dangling from the girl's neck, and as she turned slightly to face her partner, the bright yellow light from the shopping mall reflected off it. And I was able to see both of their faces. And I recognised them instantly.

 

  The beautiful brown hair which framed her oval-shaped face was flowing back in tufts as the wind lightly blew on her perfect hair. Her bright brown eyes glimmered as the moonlight lit them up, glittering like frozen ice cubes. Her pink lips were unmistakable - full and seeming to be soft. Her fair skin seemed to glow in the moonlight, causing her to look really gorgeous - like an angel...or even a goddess. 

 

  Bae Hyunmi...

 

  And I, unfortunately and by accident, caught a glimpse of the girl planting a kiss on her partner's cheek.

 

Your POV

 

  Giddy with happiness, I leaned my head on Hyunseung's shoulder and glanced up at his face. He had grown - a lot - since he was a child. His soft facial features in the past had been sharpened - soft round eyes becoming big beautiful orbs; aquiline nose staying so...great looking and there was his full lips...which I had felt on mine.

 

  As compared to this year's birthday, all the others were nothing. Amusement park dates, shopping mall dates, zoo dates...all those in the past seemed like nothing. Today was...so enjoyable. Well, I feel so happy when I'm with him...he is always able to make me happy in the blink of an eye. Yet this year...there is something special.

 

  Because this year is ultimately different from other years. In the past, he was my best friend, my friendly roommate, my potential brother, my secret keeper, someone whom I can reveal everything to. Now, however...he is my boyfriend.

 

   "Hyunseung oppa," I cooed, turning slightly to face him, "thank you for today, I really enjoyed myself, especially the last part. Thank you for being brave and helping me notice my real feelings for you, and...I'll just try to be the best girlfriend in the entire world, since you are the best boyfriend to me. Saranghaeyo~" I linked my hands around his neck and planted a wet kiss on his cheek.

 

Hyunseung's POV

 

  So...she loves me back too...

 

  I was in utter and complete shock when she kissed me volunteerily. Whipping my head around, I locked lips with Hyunmi.

 

  "YAH! Stop with the public displays of affection already! I'm here to take you home, so hurry up! Do you know how disgusting it is when you're in public and then you suddenly see two people locking lips? Do you think it's fun to watch people kiss each other and then feel so forever alone? Do you know how much it hurts when you see that person whom you like-" an angry voice called out, but then stopped.

 

  Whipping around, I spotted Nam Woohyun slapping a hand over his mouth and looking shocked. Yeah, Nam Woohyun, and do you know how irritating it is when you're kissing the girl you love and then some angry guy comes out and starts shouting? No? Have you even ever experienced love before, you vampire? Getting disturbed in the middle of a lip-locking session is the worst thing ever!

 

  And what was that about 'that person whom you like'?

 

  Dropping my arms from Hyunmi and holding hands with her instead, we grumpily made our way over to Woohyun, who was still looking pissed off and was rolling his eyes. However, the moment we had approached him, his demeanor changed completely. Taking off the ugly scowl and frown from his face and replacing them with a huge goofy grin, he straightened up from his slouching pose.

 

  "Hyunmi, get on my back," Woohyun called sweetly to Hyunmi, which got the both of us confused. Where is the angry Woohyun I just saw a few seconds - no, milliseconds - ago? Why did his expression change completely when he saw Hyunmi? Could he-

 

  "No," I sternly ordered and pulled Hyunmi closer to my side. 

 

  "Jang Hyunseung, am the one with supernatural abilities. I am the vampire, and I am the only one who can send you home without wasting time. Why don't you try to get home yourself? Try getting through that foggy forest full of trees? Try finding the right way back without getting lost in there? Try to flag a taxi to get home without knowing what address to give the poor cab driver? Why don't you?" Woohyun snapped sharply. 

 

  Yes, he really likes her.

 

  "She's getting on my back."

 

  "If you don't want to get home quick, and not let her be able to sleep in peace and quiet faster, then it's fine with me too," Woohyun smirked.

 

  Frowning, I let go of Hyunmi, who gratefully got onto Woohyun's back in a comfortable position and started to fall asleep. Slinging his right arm over my right shoulder while grimacing, Woohyun sped off. The wind continued to breeze past us as we rushed through in lightning speed. It seemed as though we were flying, floating through the cool air.

 

  Noticing Hyunmi's short blue skirt flapping in the wind, I leaned closer to her to try and block the wind. Fearing that she might fall off, I slung my arm over her shoulder, and smirked proudly when I saw Woohyun throw a hurried glare at me.

 

  Before long, we had reached home. As Woohyun flung the door open, a mysterious man who seemed strangely familiar glanced up at us and grinned.

 

  "Well look what we have here - Jang Minji is home!"