Chapter 27 → Rivalry

My Boyfriend is a Vampire

No One's POV

 

  Needless to say, the sobbing boy did not reply.

 

  Sungyeol continued to weep softly on the sofa, his legs brought up and his face buried in between his knees, seeming to quiver violently. For once, Sunggyu did not nag at him continuously for placing his dust-caked feet on the spotless leather sofa and dirtying it with filth, which was what the rest of Infinite expected him to do. Instead, to their surprise, he scrambled down next to him and embraced him.

 

  "Woohyun-ah," Sunggyu called out to the boy who was still staring at Sungyeol in confusion and suspicion while still holding on to Sungyeol, "I have to take care of Sungyeol since he's...he's...broken. Dongwoo is the second oldest, so he will have to take care of the rest of the kids, since his mother has left due to some vampire-related matters and is still recovering after her shock...after seeing the son she abandoned, you know. So-"

 

  "Hyung, stop beating around the bush and get to the point already.I don't have time to listen to your long speeches while we're still trying to find out what's happening with Sungyeol right here. He's broken? Well, he looks completely fine to me. After all, come on! He's still in one piece, he doesn't need consoling! What do you want me to do already?" the easily irritated Woohyun got annoyed and fired as his impatience level shot up.

 

  "Calm down, calm down," Sunggyu hurriedly spoke, to Woohyun's surprise as he thought his hyung was about to nag and scold him for being so easily annoyed, "I am just trying to imply that, since the two oldest hyungs are busy with other activities, I am now pleading - no, begging - you to do Sungyeol a favour, and pick up the couple from their romantic birthday date-"

 

  "Couple? Birthday? Date? What the heck are you talking about? I'm afraid I don't completely understand what you are saying, hyung! For your information, I have no idea whose birthday it is today, and I don't even expect myself to know when some happy couple is going on a date! Speaking of couple, where the hell are Hyunmi and Hyunseung?" Woohyun exploded, except that he didn't really say 'hell', if you get what I mean.

 

  "Will you stop interrupting? I am now very nicely, politely, asking you to pick up the couple whom you have just mentioned after they call home from their date-"

 

  "RING!" the telephone's buzzer echoed around the living room, drowning out Sunggyu's constant nagging and Sungyeol's weeping.

 

Hyunseung's POV

 

  That was pure bliss. The date went perfectly, even better than what I had expected. Well, it was what concluded the evening that made it a million - no, zillion - times better.

 

  With my long arm draped over her left shoulder and her right arm wrapped around my waist, we made our way out of the shopping mall, dizzy with happiness. In my right hand clutched the navy blue box containing the incredulous number of ten air tickets to Germany, since the announcer sheepishly claimed that the competitions at four other shopping malls had no winners, and abandoned on the shiny floor many metres away was a huge Rilakkuma stuffed bear. The beautiful prize necklace hung from her neck.

 

  Pulling out her purple Android smartphone from her clutch purse, she dialled the number of the house I wasn't afraid to call home.

 

  Watching her fondly and ruffling her smooth brown hair, I noticed her expressions varied as she made the phone call. Ranging from cheery chirping to frowning and then to a confused questioning look, I wondered what was wrong. Hearing her mutter, "But he can't teleport..." was a slight clue.

 

  "Did something happen to Sungyeol? What happened?"

 

  "I don't know," Hyunmi shrugged, "Woohyun was the one who picked up the phone. When I asked him to direct my call to Sungyeol, he said Sungyeol couldn't come and that he would pick us up. I can't imagine anything going wrong with Sungyeol, he's so cheerful and happy-go-lucky and just too...happy. There can't be anything wrong with him, can there?" Hyunmi finished.

 

  I frowned.

 

  My rival has offered to pick my girlfriend up.

 

 


 

I haven't been updating since these days, I have been travelling overseas. Going to so many places, I had to do a lot of packing and unpacking and whatever, so it has been pretty hectic. This has caused me to have very little time to spend online, and explains why I haven't been updating and instead, just spending a really tiny amount of time on AFF.

 

Thank you for being patient♥ I have just returned from Hong Kong last night, and that was my last trip overseas, so from now, I will be able to update more. 

 

Oh, and when I came here, I realised that my story had votes! That is new. Seriously, thank you to the two who did so, specifically Nynadea and kpopluva3838

 

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY FANFIC♥