Chapter 1 → Crappy Starting To A First Day

My Boyfriend is a Vampire

Your POV

 

  "I'll do just fine there, don't worry. I'll definitely come back to visit sometime, when I'm free, because this place holds all my childhood memories," I beamed widely at the female staff sitting on the swivel chair behind the counter. Forced smiles. Tears welled in my almond-shaped eyes as I took one last glance around and caught a glimpse of the brightly coloured sign which caused tears to fall.

 

   Rainbow Orphanage.

 

  "I'll miss you so much Hyunmi, you've been here for 16 years and now the government thinks that you are old enough to be released and live on your own!" the lady exclaimed with a crestfallen look on her oval-shaped face.

 

  Sigh.

 

  Turning back finally after what seemed like a twinkle of an eye, the government officials led me to the car. As I snuggled up in the midnight black van and slid the door close, childhood memories of when I was at the orphanage flooded my mind and caused salty tears to stream down my cheeks again.

 

  "Miss Bae, we've reached your new home. Get inside and change into your uniform, it is hanging in the closet in your bedroom on the second floor. After changing, meet us back out here and we'll send you to your new school for enrolling. Be quick," one of the government officials with a gruff voice ordered and shooed me out of the van with a wave of his hand.

 

  I turned to face my house and scrutinised it swiftly. Done in shades of pinkish plum and snowy white, it seemed small but cosy. The house was rather narrow, yet it seemed pretty adorable, even a little fancy. The roof was a light pink, lined with white along the triangular sides, designed to look like trimmed lace. a single plum heart-shaped window was set in the middle.

 

  Pushing open the snowy white door, I stepped into the living room which actually gave off a homey vibe. A furry beige carpet was draped over the smooth wooden floor, a small oval-shaped coffee table placed on top. A coffee coloured sofa with peach coloured cushions was just next to a tomato red wall with a picture with lonely vibes radiating off it.

 

  Making my way up the marble staircase on which my feet squeaked when I walked over it, I pushed open the chocolate brown door of the first room bathed in my favourite colour. A study table sat in one corner snugly and a bookshelf stood beside it. A sofa leaned against a wall and the bed, done in purple sheets, sat at the other side of the room. Pulling open the doors of the speckless white closet, I found a few sets of uniform hung neatly there. Pleated checkered red skirt with a matching tie and snowy white blouse, coupled with a dark blue jacket.

 

   Well, it'll do.

 

   Swiftly, I changed into the school uniform and pulled up the clean white stockings. Sliding my bony feet tenderly into the shiny black flats which I found in the sliding drawer, I buckled them with a small click and made my way outside. It felt kind of comfortable, despite them having low heels. Sidling into the van, I sighed to myself. Within minutes, I had been whizzed off to my new school.

 

   Gazing up at the brick red building, I took a scrutinise of the silver sign right in front of it with large words in block letters.

 

   Woollim Academy High School.

 

   Peering at my hot pink watch strapped on my left wrist, I read out the time in my head. 7.15am

 

   I wouldn't die, would I?

 

   I hope I would survive. It would be a new start, I told myself as I stepped into the general office to inform the staff behind the counter that I was new.

 

   "Oh, you must be that new girl from the orphanage. In this school, there won't be a schedule, you just sit in one class and the teacher just comes to teach," she advised me. I shuddered at the word 'orphanage', but I thought what she said was pretty cool.

 

   Look for class B... Finally! Here it is! I stared into the classroom from outside, adjusting the straps of my maroon backpack as I panted heavily, having been straying up 4 flights of stairs. A crowd of students were inside, rowdiness written all over it. Noise blared in my ears. The teacher had yet to come. Well...I have no idea what to do. No one will notice me if I go in...

 

   Awkward...

 

  Awkwardness took over all of my feelings as I stood there, my face flushing scarlet red. Passing the time by scrutinising the students in the classroom, I tried to make out who I could possibly hang out with. Well, I couldn't possibly stay alone for the rest of the day, could I?