Final

Flowers of Despair

 

   This wasn’t where I wanted to be.

I wasn’t sure, maybe the main singer of a band, or maybe even the CEO of a mall,

but not here,

anywhere but here.

 

   I was chasing after a butterfly at my grandparents house that summer noon.

I remember running until I couldn’t feel my legs anymore but that didn’t matter. I just wanted to catch that butterfly, it was my only goal at the time.

I kept running because it felt like it was almost in my grasp, but it wasn’t.

My legs gave out eventually and I collapsed onto the floor, that’s when I met him; someone who changed my life completely.

Xi Luhan.

I’ll never forget that name…

 

   I saw tear drops stain the floor under me.

I didn’t know that I could still feel after that, after what I just did.

   I stared at her still body, deformed at the bottom of the staircase.

I could hear footsteps nearing, and I already knew who it was.

They were supposed to meet here today at this time, but even so I couldn’t help it.

Even if he were to hate me, I just couldn’t. He deserves better, not someone like that witch.

He was just too perfect,

even for me.

 

   “Hey! Are you alright?”

I remember staring wide-eyed at you then. I had never seen such pretty doe eyes before, even more so than a girl’s.

You handed me your hand and I still remember that feeling, that feeling when I grabbed your hand.

I think that was the start of it all; the good, the bad, and now.

I keep thinking what if… What if I never grabbed that hand.

Would I still be here prepared for the worst as you near, not knowing the sight that awaits you?

I wonder…

   I grasped my necklace, the one with the flower pendant you gave me long ago, but I doubt you remember.

I kept it ever since, hoping that it would bring us good luck someday. But I guess I was wrong.

It left me standing on the edge only waiting for you to push me off. But I guess I don’t have to wait much longer, I see you’re here.

 

“Hey Luhan.” A bitter smile graced my face as I knew what was to come.

“S-s-sehun w-why are you here li-like this, and why is she d-down there?”

“She was in our way. You knew how I felt, this shouldn’t be a surprise”

SMACK

I lifted my hand up to my cheek where he slapped me. I was expecting it, he didn’t care about how I felt, I already knew.

“Leave! And don’t even turn back.”

I sent a bitter smile, but complied. I hugged him one last time, not without resistance but I needed it.

“Bye…Xi Luhan.”

 

“Hehe Sehun-ah”

“Yeah hyung?”

“Let’s be friends forever.”

“Okay, promise.”