Eosaeghan Couple - One Year Later

Eosaeghan Couple - One Year Later

"Hyung, what's wrong?" Minho asked Onew who was spacing out during their practice.

Onew sighed and looked at him, "Nothing, it's just... I feel incomplete,"

"Incomplete?"

Onew nodded, "Ever since We Got Married... I feel so incomplete without seeing Ah Yeon. I don't know... you think I'm in love?"

"They say if you can't spend a single day without thinking of someone, you probably are,"

"You think I am?" Onew looked at Minho with asking eyes and Minho nodded at him.

"You probably go talk to her,"

It's been a year since my so called marriage with Ah Yeon has been annulled. I've been thinking about her ever since. I keep myself busy at work so I'll forget about her, but at night... my thoughts are clouded with only her. I usually look at the scrap book she made for me, watch our performance of One Year Later, and if I have lots of free time, I watch episodes of We Got Married just to see her. I wonder if she's doing fine.

Ah Yeon placed a food on Foo's bowl and the dog's back. It's been a year since she received this from someone who's been close to her heart. She's taking care of Foo as if Foo was her own child. After feeding her dog, she went to the bathroom and looked at the mirror. She touched the necklace Onew gave her. She always wore it at home.

If you ask me if I miss oppa, I'll honestly answer you with a yes. I didn't expect to feel so much emptiness since the day of our annulment. Oppa became really close to my heart. I've been thinking about him everyday, like how he's doing, is he thinking about me as well? Everything.

It was her day off so she decided to go out for a walk with her dog Foo. As she looked up at the bright blue sky, she can't help it but to smile. It's just like the day she first met Onew at Gyeongbokgung. It was sunny and really warm. She looked at her watch and it was almost 6pm as well. Since it's summer the days were longer that it should be.

Ah Yeon decided to eat dinner outside. It's been a while since she did that. With her busy schedule and everything, it was just not possible for such a leisure. After eating, she decided to walk back home when all of a sudden she heard a familiar voice.

"Ah Yeon noona!"

Ah Yeon looked back and saw the maknae of SHINee running to her, "Taemin-ah," she smiled, "it's been a while,"

"Yeah," Taemin was smiling brightly, "are you free today?"

"Me? Yeah, it's my day off, why?"

"Well, come with me," he said.

"What?"

"Just come with me," then he walked ahead.

Ah Yeon confusedly followed until she noticed the surroundings were familiar, very familiar. She stopped walking and asked Taemin, "What are we doing here at Gyeongbokgung?"

Taemin was still wearing the bright smile on his face as he answered the question, "You'll see,"

They went to the most familiar place for Ah Yeon, where everything happened. The pond of Gyeongbokgung. She noticed the familiar settings, the table, the rose petals on the groun and even the piano where Taemin went and sat.

"Noona, could you come here?" he asked.

"Sure," then she went to Taemin.

"Is it okay if you sing One Year Later? Just the first verse and chorus"

"Okay then, but why?"

"Just sing," Taemin chuckled and started playing the piano.

Then, Ah Yeon started singing.

Hanchameul kkumeul kkun geot gata
Handongan haemaego haemaeda
Machi yaksokirado han deut
Nae gaejeoleul geoseulleo geu nalcheoreom
Maju seoitneun uri

Geu ddae uriga sseonaeryeogatdeon areumdaweotdeon iyagi
Geu ddae uriga gidohaesseotdeon yeongweon hajadeon yaksokdeul
Hanassik dduhollida naae gaseumi
Gyeondiji mot halgeol algiae
Ni saengakae deo kkuk chamasseo
Neoae il nyeoneun ddo eoddaesseotni

When the chorus ended, Ah Yeon wondered why Taemin still kept on playing. When all of a sudden, someone was singing from behind her. Ah Yeon turned and to her surprise it was none other than but Onew. The person she's been wanting to see for a really long time.

"Oppa..." tears started flowing as she watched Onew sing the song more beautifully than ever.

Hanchameul ijeun chae salatji
Handongan gwaenchaneun deut hasseo
Hajiman sigani heureumyeon kkaedala gago isseo
Neo eopsineun naneun an dwaendaneun geol

Geu ddae uriga aju jogeuman eoreunseureowatdeoramyeon
Geu ddae uriga micheo mollatdeon jigeumeul alatdeoramyeon
Kkeutchi eopneun huwaeman doenoeidaga igyeonael jashini eopseo
Geugeot majeo deo kkuk chamasseo
Geureokae il nyeoni heulleowasseo

As the chorus ended for Onew's part, no one was already singing but Taemin kept on playing the piano. He smiled as he look at the beautiful couple, holding each other before him.

Onew was the first one to talk, "For the past year that we've been separated, it's only you who I kept thinking about. Everyday, it's only you... Ah Yeon," he cupped her face and made her look at him, "this isn't a made up relationship anymore, everything's true and... I really love you, will you love me as well?"

Ah Yeon couldn't speak for she was crying so hard. All she could do was nod and embrace Onew as tight as she can. Onew kissed her forehead then looked at her. He slowly leaned in closer to her and finally, shared their first real kiss.