I Need You

Feather Light

Jjong's PoV~~

"Jonghyun-hyung! Wakey-wakey!" Someone yelled, rousing me from me sleep. Cracking open my eyes, the sight of my maknae, Taemin, filled my sight. His hair was ruffled and he was wearing the froggy pajama pants Minho bought him for Christmas last year. He was bouncing on the bed, making the mattress creak and the bedframe shake.

"Why did you have to jump on my bed this morning Taemin-ah, you know I'm still sleepy after last night's rehearsal," I told him, a slight glare becoming present on my face. Taemin, seeing my glare, jut out his bottom lip in a pout. There were tears in his eyes, and I felt bad for the kid. Grabbing his waist, I pulled him down next to me and hugged him. "Sssshh, sssshh Taeminnie-ah, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be mean." I whispered in his ear, smoothing down his messy hair.

"I-it's okay hyung, I was just happy this morning!" Taemin said, smiling a little, showing off some of his teeth.

"And just why are you so happy this morning?" I asked him, playing along. His smile grew bigger and bigger.

"Key-umma made blueberry waffles for us! And chocolate chip ones too! Taemin exclaimed, giggling and using overexaggerated arm movements to show his enthusiasm."

"Well you better go get some! We all know Minnie-ah loves waffles almost as much as Jinki-hyung loves chicken." I giggled back, seeing the horrified expression appear on Taemin's child-like features.

"Oh no! Minho-hyung! Don't eat all of my waffles!" Taemin yelled, jumping out of my arms and racing into the kitchen. Smiling, I lied back down, letting sleep take over my senses until it hit me. The smell of Key's waffles drifted through the door Taemin left open. They smelt heavenly, and I dragged myself out of bed just to have some. Trudging into the kitchen, the sight of a waffle - war was present. Taemin was throwing blueberry waffles at Minho, while Minho threw chocolate chip waffles at Taemin. Each of them were yelling at each other. Key and Jinki were just standing in front of the sink, laughing.

"A-HEM!" I cleared my throat, and everybody noticed my presence. Key and Jinki just turned around and started washing dishes, while Taemin and Minho looked scared. I walked up to them, and the started trembling. Picking up the syrup bottle that was laying on the ground, I smirked at them.

"You two missed a few spots." And I squeezed the bottle so that the syrup came out full force, dousing them with the substance. Smiling, Key and Onew started laughing, continuing to clean the dishes. A look of relief spread across both of they younger boys faces, and they began to eat their waffles in a relatively peaceful manner. Sitting down, I piled some waffles of each type onto a somewhat clean plate and started eating.

Everything was peaceful, Key and Jinki were chatting while cleaning, Taemin and Minho were discussing the newest episode of a silly kid's cartoon, and I just sat there, enjoying it all. That is, until Key started violently coughing, dropping the dish he was drying onto the floor. The harsh crack made us all jump, and Key continued coughing, his hands digging into the edge of the sink. Jinki, being right next to him, started rubbing his back, attempting to calm him down. That is, until he saw the blood. His eyes widened as Key's coughing slowed down, and the younger boy started slipping onto the ground.

"Key-umma!" Taemin and Minho cried, pushing out their chairs and running to their 'umma' who was propped up against the cabinets beneath the sink. I stood up as well, alrmed as to why why Key was coughing up blood. We all crouched around Key, who started coughing again, and there was blood dripping down his chin. In between his gasps for air he told us, " Call... hosp-...-ital."

Jinki, being the first of us to react, stood up quickly and rushed to the phone connected to the opposite wall. While he was frantically talking to a secretary, I took his place nest to Key, rubbing his back and attempting to soothe him. Key looked at me and smiled between his coughing fits, and his eyes slowly shut, alarming me.

"Jinki-hyung! Get that ambulace here, NOW!" I yelled at him, looking at the love of my life, passed out with blood all over his shirt.

"J-jinki--hyung...what's wrong with Key-umma...?" Taemin asked, tears spilling out of his child-like eyes.

"I don't know Taemin-ah, I don't know." He said coming over to comfort the two youngest members of our group. I couldn't hear anything, my mind was solely focused on Key. He needs to make it, he can't die!

"Where is that ambulance goddamnit!" I screamed, shocking the males around me. As if on cue, the tell-tale ring of an ambulance's siren hit my ears. Moments later, our door was kicked down and men in white came in, taking Key from my arms. I felt so empty without him there, like I wasn't whole. Taking him to a stretcher that couldn't fit through the front door, they wheeled him into the back of the truck. When the ambulance left, I felt nothing. I couldn't hear the shouts of my bandmates, of feel them tugging me into the car. I didn't come to until somebody smacked me. Reality returning, Jinki stood in front of me, unshed tears in his eyes and his hand poised to smack me again.

"Are we in the hospital?" I asked dumbly, not realizing how or when we got to said building.

"Yes, we're here, and they're treating Key as we speak." Jinki said, pacing around the stark white waiting room. Taemin and Minho were hugging each other, sobbing their eyes out.

'They're lucky to have each other...' I thought to myself as I realized Key might not make it. The thought of Key dying sent my heart into overdrive and my mind in to chaos. 'I need him here, he's my stable, my love. He may not love me the way I love him but goddamnit I need him!'

Seconds. Minutes. Hours. Time was irrelevant as we waited for someone to come in and tell us that Key was okay. Seemingly, my wish was granted, and a doctor walked out of a doorway, a clipboard bobbing in his hands.

"Family of Kim Kibum?" He asked, searching the waiting room until his small, beady eyes rested on our...interesting group.

"That's us, what's wrong with Key-umma!" Taemin yelled, tears dripping down his face.

"Well, after doing quite a bit of testing, we have discovered that Kibum has Pulmonary tuberculosis, a common disease that is contagious. We have him on a mixture of Isoniazid, Rifampin, Pyrazinamide, and Ethambutol. Once he takes a week's worth of dosages, he won't be contagious, and he can go back to living at home. But he must take his pills as the bottles instructed, or the infection will get worse. He will have to spend the week here so that we can moniter his progress." The doctor said, putting everyone into a state of shock. Taemin and Minho continued sobbing into each other's shoulders. Jinki started pacing faster, excusing himself to leave so that he can call their manager. And me? I lost it. I started shouting. What I was shouting, I don't know, but I had to vent out my fustration. Everyone left me alone. They knew I was closest to Key. I came back to reality again, someone slapped me, again.

"Damnit Jjong! We do not need you freaking out at a time like this!" Jinki yelled, grabbing onto my shoulders. I vaguely realized a dull ache in my hands, I must have been punching the wall. Looking at Jinki, the tears in his eyes finally started to spill over, rolling down his cheeks. Looking at the doctor, who I realized was still in the waiting room, I slowly walked over to him.

"Can I see him? I need to see him." I told him numbly, a sympathetic look was on his face.

"You can, but his head had been under serious trauma, so he is most likely still unconcious. He probably won't wake up for about two or three days. That, and we had to surround his head with a special bubble-like protectant so that he doesn't contaminate any doctors. He has a breathing tube, so no worries." He added onto the end, seeing my slightly horrified look. Leading me down a long hallway, we came upon Room 547, and he opened the door. I froze, seeing the condition of my love. He had so many wires sticking into his body, and they were all connected to weird, foreign machines. That bubble-thing was surrounding his head, making him look like some sort of alien. The heart moniter was steadily beeping, signalling that his heartbeat was normal. Walking to his side, I pulled up a chair, and took his hand in mine.

"Oh Key-ah..." I trailed off, letting my tears come out, and I took his hand in mine. I stayed there like that for a long while, just holdiong his hand and crying.

"Key-ah...you have to wake up soon, I need to tell you something, something I should've said a long time ago..." I trailed off, waiting for the moment when his eyes would open. Suddenly, I felt the hand around mine twitch and tighten weakly around mine. My head shot up to look at his, and his eyes were twitching as well.

"Key-ah, you're awake!" I shouted in a whispered tone. Said boy was examining where he was.

"Where am I? What happened?" Key asked, tightening his grip on my hand.

"Key-ah, you're in the hospital...you have something called Pulmonary tuberculosis, and the doctors have you on four different medicines." I told him, seeing a look of horror come across his affeminate features.

"B-but...how did I get it?" He asked, his voice trembling.

"I don't know Key-ah...but there is one thing I do know," I gripped his hand tighter, summoning all of my courage. "I love you Key-ah, and I have for a long time."

"Jjong-hyung...I love you too. I always wanted to tell you, but I was scared. Scared you would reject me and hate me forever." Key said smiling as a few tears slipped out of his eyes.

"Not to interrupt, but I have to check Mr. Kim's vitals." My eyes widened as I noticed the doctor was still in the room with us.

"Sorry doctor-sshi." We said in unison, and we giggled, smiling at each other. As I was walking out of the room, I looked back Key, and smiled at him.

"By the way Key-ah, your hair is messed up." I told him, smiling to myself

"Jjong!"