One-side

A one-sided love

 

“Hello?....” I knocked again, no answer “Hello Ruki…are you there?” still no answer “come on Ruki you’re the one who invited me!” I yelled “Fine then I will leave”. I started walking slowly thinking he would open up, but he didn’t. “Okay..I guess he is not home” I started walking to my car. Geez being his manager is a pain.

I am Chiharu, but people call me Chi for short. I work as a manager for Ruki, and it can be a pain sometimes like just now he invited me to his apartment cause he said he needed to talk to me about something and of course he wasn’t there. I swear sometimes he loves to drive me crazy. But I have to admit… I love him he may push me around put I love him, of course it’s a one sided love he is way to out of my league. He wouldn’t want a girl like me when he can get any girl he wants.

The next morning I had to go to work early because Ruki and his Band were recording. I got dressed in a t-shirt and pants, there was no point in dressing up at all because I was always running around from place to place. I looked at my clock it was 8:00 “oh crap I am going to be late” how did I sleep in-oh I know it’s because Ruki called me late last night. I ran to my car and started to drive. “Come on…come on” I said “I can’t be late”. When I got to the highway there was traffic “no...no...Please no” “he is going to kill me if I am late”. I may be Ruki’s manager but he treats me like his assistant. Right then I phone received a text; I hesitated to pick it up. Why was I so scared? I picked up my phone it was from Ruki it read “where the hell are you?” Then my phone rang without checking who it was I just answered it “Yes I am not my way sorry I...” “Hello Chi?” it was Take, Reita’s manager Reita is from the same band as Ruki. “ah..Take” “Chi where are you Ruki is getting impatient “sorry tell him to start without me I will be there as soon as I can” “he won’t he refuses to work without you here”. My eyes widen, why wouldn’t he work without me, traffic stopped “okay I am coming in five minutes...bye” I hung up the phone. I turned in to the company parking lot, parked my car and ran into the building. I was greeted by Take “there you are we are on the fifth floor recording room today” we got in the elevator “why the fifth floor...Why not the tenth floor?..We have always had the tenth floor” “because its under construction” “why what are they doing to it?” “Well The King wanted to expand it”. By king he meant Ruki, “oh” “honestly Chi how do you put up with him sometimes he is a narcissist and selfish” “I don’t know” I wondered that sometimes to. The elevator door opened and we walked out, Take leads me to the room and opened the door. “she’s here Ruki” said Reita, Ruki looked up to where I was standing “Finally you’re here..why didn’t you reply to my text?” said to me almost yelling. “Sorry I was driving and there was traffic..” I was interrupted by him “Just don’t let it happen again” I stood up and walked closer to me “now go get me some coffee”. “o-okay” why is he so mad at me? I turned “wait-Chi I will come with you” exclaimed Take, “Reita wants some anyway”. We walked to the lounge area. “Chi you shouldn’t let him treat you like that” “I know..But what can I do I work for him”. The reason I work for him is because Ruki fired his last manager, and the last thing I want is to get fired. I poured coffee in to two cups and handed on to Take “thank you Chi” as we were walking back Take’s words stopped me “umm...Chi I was wondering if maybe two night you would go drinking with me” I thought about it for awhile, a drink would be nice “yeah I would lo..” “Nope she can’t” interrupted Ruki I looked at him He grabbed my arm “Come on we are about to start recording “Ruki!” I yelled “me going out has nothing to do with you” “I don’t care” he yelled back. “You don’t own me” I pulled my hand out from his grip. “Come on!” I said. Ruki wouldn’t talk to me, and after the recording he avoided me. Was it because I yelled at him? “Chi!” I heard my name being yelled. I looked around I saw Take “do you want to go drinking” he whispered. Should I go? Ruki would get mad at me, but I then again he isn’t here he already went home; I smiled “yeah sure”. We didn’t walk far because there was a bar only two blocks from the company.

I got really drunk. “Do-(hic) you know what I do for him?) I picked up my drink and finished the last bit “Hey! Waiter!....I need more” I yelled “Ch-Chi I think you have had enough” said Take with worry tone, he reached for my cup “n-no…I do so much for Ruki doesn’t he doesn’t even appreciate it…I don’t get one thank you from him…and he is always surrounded by women…it makes me mad”. Take chuckled “Whaaaaats so funny?” I said “Chi it sounds like you love him” “haha what..i don’t-I don’t love him” tears started rolling down my face. “I don’t….i don’t..(sniff)..i do..i love him so much it hurts”. My phone rang I picked it up “what (sniff)” “Chi?” it was Ruki’s voice  “oh what do you need (hic)?” “Are you drunk Chi?” “Y-yes I am” “I am coming right know you’re at the bar next to the company..right?” “I am not telling you” “I am coming don’t move!” he yelled and then hung up


I woke up in a big bed with only a shirt t-shirt on and my head was aching, “where am I?” I stood up and walked to the kitchen area. I peeked my head around the corner I saw Ruki cooking something “I am at Ruki’s apartment” I thought. He looked at me “Come and eat” he demanded I nervously walked to the table and sat down. He brought me a plate of eggs, and handed me some pills “you must have a hangover” he looks mad. “did-did we do anything?” he chuckled “what if we did?” we-we did!” he laughed “no-you don’t even have anything anyway” “when did you see my..” “you threw up over your clothes..so I am washing them.” “Thank you” I muttered. “You disobeyed me” he said “I didn’t..” I stopped myself “Why do you even care Ruki?” he looked at me right in the eyes “because…” he didn’t finish “see you can’t even think of an excuse” he Stood up “its because I- I love you”, my mouth widen with surprise “w-what” “I love you okay”. I could feel tears running down my face “wh-why are you crying?” “because I love you too” “are you serious?” he said he walked to me and stood me up “yes- but I didn’t think you were interested in a girl like me” he chuckled “I didn’t either…to tell you the truth I still don’t know why, but all I do know is that when you’re not around I can’t work, and when you talk to different men I get angry.” “Then why were you mad at me yesterday?” “Because you remember when I called you the other night for you to come over you, you would but you did come.” “ I did though you didn’t answer when I knocked” “did you knock on the right door?” “yes 202” he laughed “its I live in 203”  “but you sent me a text saying 202”, he pulled out his phone to show me the text it read “Come over I need to talk to you, room #203” “oh” he grabbed my arm and pulled my into chest and wrapped his arms around me. “Chi- will you go out with me?” I wrapped my arms around him “yes I would love to”. He picked up my chin and gave me a kiss our tongues tangled together as we embraced each other tightly. (the end?)