I'm Back

What is Love...?

 

I stared lazily out my window, my mind drifting away some place far away from Earth. But soon I was brought back to reality by a bell ringing.

‘Baekhyun oppa~!’ I shouted happily and raced down to my front yard, where I embraced him tightly. He ruffled my hair.

‘Adorable, as always~’ He sang out. Baekhyun then motioned towards his bicycle.

‘Do you wanna go for a ride?’ I put my finger on my chin.

‘Hm… I wanna walk instead!’ I beamed. Baekhyun laughed and nodded. I placed his bike inside my garage first, before walking towards the park with Baekhyun. I sighed contently, enjoying the comfortable silence between us as we held hands. My eyes soon caught sight of the set of swings at the playground. I raced towards the swings cheerfully. Baekhyun started to swing up into the air.

Ah… It feels like I’m flying…

‘My turn!’ I hopped off the swing and started to push Baekhyun.

‘Dude… You’re so heavy!’ I joked.

He pouted. ‘Am I?’ I mentally face palmed.

‘No, of course not. I was only kidding!’ He sighed in relief as he jumped off the swing while still in midair.

‘Yah! I already told you not to do that! It scares me to death and I always think you’re going to get injured!’ I huffed and pretended to be angry. He shook his head softly and stared deep into my eyes.

‘Don’t worry, I’ve had a lot of practice, ok?’ I thought for a moment and nodded.

‘Let’s play… tag!’ Baekhyun suggested. I grinned.

‘Tag, you’re it!’ I tapped him and ran off.

Baekhyun smirked and started to chase after me.

*15 minutes later*

I was laying down on the tender grass, gazing up at the pastel pink clouds and enjoying the warmth of the sun’s rays. Baekhyun was beside me. He propped his head onto his hand and gazed at me dreamily. I turned around to look at him. I waved my hand in front of his face.

‘What’s with the look?’ He shrugged.

‘Can’t I look at my beautiful girlfriend?’ I slapped his arm playfully.

‘Yes, but only if you don’t stare like a pedo!’ Baekhyun chuckled and my cheek.

‘I love you, _____’

‘I love you too Bacon.’ I chortled.

~~~~~~~~~

My eyes fluttered open and a wave of disappointment immediately crashed down onto me.

It was all a dream…

I sighed.

Don’t you remember _____? He left you a year ago… He left you for America…

I tugged at my hair, frustrated. ‘Why…? Why…’ I mumbled to myself and touched my cheek. It all felt so real.

I smiled miserably as I remembered an old memory.

*Flashback*

My friends and I were sitting down against a wall, talking and eating. There was hardly anyone about; no one really came over behind the old building. Suddenly, our conversation was disrupted by loud laughter and voices. We all recognized it as the group of guys called ‘EXO’. They were all handsome and stuff, but could get annoying at times. I glanced over at them. They seemed to be urging on of their friends to do something.

‘Let’s go guys.’ One of my friends suggested. We all nodded in agreement as the guys were getting too loud for us. We were starting to walk away, when somebody tapped me on the shoulder.

‘Hm…?’ I turned around to see who it was. My eyes met a pair of chocolate brown ones, the owner, a guy call Baekhyun.

‘Er, hey…’ He murmured out.

‘Hi.’ I replied.

He took a deep breath. ‘Ok this may seem random but… can you answer this question? What is love?’

I stared blankly at him. ‘An emotion?’

He smirked slightly and shook his head.

‘I lost my mind, the moment I saw you
Except you, everything goes in slow motion
Tell me, if this is love~’

He sang out. I was amazed by his voice.

‘So, can you be mine forever?’ He asked shyly. I saw his friends cheer him on silently. How could I say no? And besides, I did sort of have a tiny little crush on him…

‘Yes.’ I smiled. Baekhyun’s eyes lit up like Christmas lights.

‘Really?’ I nodded, grinning and feeling dazed but happy. Everyone around us cheered.

*End of Flashback*

I felt unshed tears in my eyes, but I blinked them away. I sighed and got up, getting myself cleaned and ready for another day.

I pulled on my favourite peach coloured hoodie and went out for a walk.

I walked, feeling the soft autumn breeze swirl around me.

What a lovely day…

I admired the golden, auburn and rusty brown leaves dangling on the trees, just on the verge of falling. I smiled bitterly as I watched children play about. It reminded me of dusty memories. I continued walking, my footsteps thudding softly on the ground. I looked around and caught sight of a familiar back and a familiar shirt sitting on a park bench.

Is that…? Nah, just your imagination…

I was unconsciously staring at the person for a while. The guy must have gotten the feeling of being watched because he turned around nervously. My eyes widen as I saw his face. He also caught sight of me.

‘_____?’

‘Baekhyun?’