Chapter 1

The eleven o'clock terror of namimori

 

Chapter 1

Warnings: Utter silliness, and OOCness.


At eleven thirty in the middle of the night, Lambo turned and messily kicked his legs in his sleep, arms wrapped tightly around a suffocating pillow, and mouth slugging out saliva and the few incoherent words Tsuna can hear, though he thought it was about chocolate and stomping on Reborn's face. Ipin was sleeping as peacefully and strictly straight as possible, and Nana was lying down between them, undeterred by Lambo's movements.

Wind would sometimes knock at their window, but it was a soft and dull knocking, and couldn't have woken up the future tenth boss of Vongola.

"So, it's not from this room." Sawada Tsunayoshi sighed, rubbing an eye before turning his bare heel to go search the other room. He had been woken up by the sounds of feet running, crying, the rodeo of horse feet, and gun shots.

Needless to say, it had made his subconscious knock him out his bed and realise that Reborn was missing from his usual spot. That plus the sudden onset of sounds lead him to believe that Reborn was trying to maim some poor guy, who might've accidentally went around his turf, with horses.

"Reborn!" He shouted as quietly as he could at his kitchen. It was utterly quiet.

Defeated, he closed the door and went for the living room, hoping with all his might that he won't find bloodstains and exploded pieces of bullets and brain in the morning.

'Maria! Do not leave!'

'John, your parents do not want me, I must!'

'But Maria!'

'Oh John!'

Tsuna stopped immediately in the middle of the hall, two feet away from getting into the living room. He rubbed his eyes even harder now, pinching himself a bit for extra measure.

'I told you to get that wench out our house!'

'Mother, I love her! You can't stop that!'

'Do not talk to your mother like that, John!'

'Then I'll leave this house! I'll go and live with Maria!'

'That cow girl is no good or use to you, John! Stay, and marry Beth!'

Tsuna's frown deepened to around the proximity of his chin and cheeks.

Who the hell would watch this soap?

Maybe it was his mom, who went to the living room when he was inside the kitchen.

Or maybe it was a nut job, who got into his house for the cable, and decided to watch it for god-knows-why.

Either way, it has to stop. 'Cause it was annoying. And Beth sounded like such a . So, as a sure fourteen year old boy would, Tsuna strode to the living room, ready to tell that nut job off.

"Hey, wha—"

He bit his tongue.

Two pairs of black eyes stared at him that night. They were watery, and the nose was red.

Tsuna couldn't get the words out his mouth.

He managed to scream out one though, just after feeling his gut stuck up, his brain go haywire, and his breath hike at the sudden sight.

"Reborn?!"

...

A gunshot and ten pieces of wood breaking were heard that night.

That woeful night.


"Don't exert yourself too much, next time, okay Tsu-kun?" Nana told her son happily, the next morning, as she gets ready to leave.

It was a fine gesture, especially since it shows that she cares, with a peck on his forehead.

What wasn't quite fine, or right for that matter, was the fact that Tsuna was wrapped all over from head to toe in gauge and ointment, only to cover his excessive bruising from what Reborn told Nana as 'Bruises from midnight math training, because your son wants to make you happy with his future grades.'

Tsuna groaned in response, his bleeding brain can't quite remember all the events that happened last night. It had something to do with a guy named John and some named Beth, though.

"Your father and I will come by later for lunch, Tsu-kun, rest for now, alright?" Nana chirped before closing Tsuna's hospital room's door, leaving her son in the dark about John and Beth.


"What happened to my son?" Sawada Iemitsu asked for the second time, still looking confused. The CEDEF leader, upon getting the information that his son practically died last night in eastern time, went out of his way to jump into a private jet and make it to Japan as fast as Lambo can cry.

"I had no other choice, Iemitsu." Reborn assessed professionally, as if beating up a minor to the extent of internal bleeding in his brain's frontal temporal lobe is a perfectly normal effect in training. Which it is, in his opinion, which is also correct.

"Is he going to be fine?"

"I hired the best gun men to blackmail the doctors and kill them if he isn't."

"Well, I suppose..." Iemitsu rubbed a calloused thumb in his temple, sighing from the jet lag and from his current situation as a father and mafia member.

"You had no other choice."

Reborn tipped his hat and walked away with as much mystery as a toddler in a suit can.

"REBORN, I'M GONNA DEFEAT YOU! GYAHAHAHAHA—KUPYA!" spluttered Lambo when Reborn kneed his chubby face to the tiled ground for disturbing the infant's walk-off.


Eleven-thirty struck once more in the Sawada residence, and as usual, Lambo kicked in his sleep, Tsuna was beaten up and lying down in the hospital and Reborn was crying to a soap drama.

Iemitsu was with him though.

And together, as they watched Beth cry out that she's pregnant at John's second cousin, they bawled and sniffed on Kleenex tissues, but only in a subtle manner, as men should.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Iemitsu." Reborn whispered, huddled in front of the television with a pillow and his chameleon on his side. "That is surely John's baby."

"No it's not, Reborn. Anna gets John's baby!"

"Honey?"

Iemitsu and Reborn stood up straight at Nana Sawada's voice, and ever so urgently and crudely did they rotate their heads to look at her. Both their stomachs pummelled at the thought of erasing Iemitsu's wife's memories, if only to preserve their rightful dignity. No one, no one must find out that they watch this drama for their manly amusement,no one. The few days of misery and humiliation they had to face from their co-workers' disdained looks was enough of an announcement.

"Iemitsu—"

"I know, Reborn." Sadly, and filled with guilt and the sniffles, Iemitsu reached under his pillow.

"I didn't know you watch Lover's Ending Happiness too!" Nana squealed unexpectedly, hands wrapped around her to express her utter joy to know that her husband watches it as well. As quickly as possible, Nana brought herself to Iemitsu's side, to continue and finish the night watching Lover's Ending Happiness in happiness.

Chapter 1 END