YES OR NO

Secret

'ding...dong' The doorbell made me ran off downstairs to get to the front door since Im guessing wisely who could be the early bird who came to visit. 'ding...dong' The doorbell went again and im already in front of our wooden door. I carefully opened it and my heart pounded to see my bestfriend, the most precious guy after my father. "Good morning, sleepy head!" Peniel greeted me with that jim dandy smile crept on his perfect lips. "Yah~ who's sleepy head when im right in front of you at this early morning?" I as he make that funny face that looks like he's about to throw up. "Look at you, youre still in your pajamas when its almost time for school!" He answered me back that made me notice my appearance. I was still wearing my pink, panda pajamas in my fluffy slippers and hair is messy as always. "Well, point well taken!" I stuck out my toungue at him as he pinched my nose.

"Yah~ stop that early lovey dovey moments when Im here seeing all of it first in the morning" My mom interrupted our teasing moments. Ugh! Mothers always do the runing-of-moment-moves. "Dania, go upstairs and prepare for school and Peniel, come here and have breakfast with us!" My mom ordered that made me, and Peniel to oblige her words. I climbed the atirs and headed to my room to prepare for school and so did Peniel come straight to the kitchen and help my mom with the final preparations for breakfast.

Peniel has been my been my bestfriend for 3 years now and my mom treats him as her son already. We used to go to school and spend the whole day togther since where from the same class. Just like today, he would go straight to our house in the morning during regular school days and spend the evening with me during weekends. We love debating on basketball games and wrestling. We would watch basketball in Saturday nights and wrestling matches during Sunday nights. We never get tired of doing all over again as long as were together.

"Dania~ arent you finished yet? DOnt let the foods cool down just because youre not done preparing for school yet!" Mom is nagging! Again~ "Ill be there in a minute!" I put the hair blower down and start to comb my hair. I quickly head donwstairs and saw Peniel, my mom and my baby sister already in the table waiting for me. "Sorry abouth that!" I said shyly as they all stared at me. I quickly sat down and started to eat.

We finished our meal in a short span of time so Peniel and I bid our goodbyes to my mom and walked out of the house. We walked the small streets as we used to everyday. He would always put his earphones on and do something in his Ipad. Whenever I peek through it, he always have his ninja moves with him to hide it from me.

"What are you doing with that, again?" I interrupted him while he's busy with his baby Ipad. "Nothing, silly!" He always have that response. I dont know but this is the thing I hate the most. He always ignores me during free time and he likes hanging out with his Ipad more than me. I even tried to distant myself from him but he always does special apologies for it so I have nothing to do. Im getting tired of him being like this. Its been a month and Im ignored just like now.

"Peniel, I love you~" I said out of nowhere but Im not expecting an answer since he's earplugs are on and he's busy with his ipad, again. "I love you more, Dania!" Peniel answered back that made me blush and run away.

'Eotokke?! Stupid, DANIA! You should have think that he may not be listening to anything and just want to put that earplugs on. Silly! UGH! What to do?! What to do?' my thoughts are all mixed up already. I stopped at some empty street I wasnt familiar with. I can hear footsteps behind... "Dania~~~" I heard Peniel's voice. I sat down and face palmed myself. I was panting and I cant even manage to catch my breath. This embarassment is the worst of all. I dont have a face to show anymore. I tried to stand up but I stepped a foot wrong. "OUCH~~~!" I screamed from the pain I felt in my ankle and went back to the ground since I cant move my ankle. I saw Peniel rnning towards me with worried face. "Silly~ You ok?" Peniel consulted me, worriedness is in his voice. "Yah! Who's silly? You even put earpkugs without a music listening to! WHAT IS THAT FOR? YOURE THE SILLY ONE!" I screamed at him. Facing the ground, I didnt know what to do since im too embarrased to look at his eyes. "Youre the silly one for hurting yourself! Is being careless your hobby?" Peniel answered me back. I was about to answer but he turned his back at me and sat. "Ill piggyback you." Peniel offered. My heart leaped up to my throat. I didnt know what to feel. My cheeks are burning. "Yah~ Ppali! I have to take you somewhere." Peniel added. He held my wrists and put it in front of his neck and carefully carry me. "Where are we going?" I asked him. "Not until we get there" Peniel teased me and as he walked, we are now heading to the school. "Are you punishing me and make me meet my terrorist professor at this time?!" I shouted at him. "Yah~ Youre directly shouting at my ears and its not funny!" Peniel shouted back and I felt guilty so I quickly apologized. He carefull landed me on the grass so I can sit comfortably. He handed me his Ipad. "Whats this? You never let me hold this or even look at it." I told him with questions in my head. 'Why would he even gave me this when he hide it from me for a month!' "Just open it." Peniel ordered and so I did open it. It was in the notes and there was one entry entitled 'YES OR NO.'

"Sorry for hiding this for a month and than you for the patience you gave me when I dont talk to you on the streets while Im doing this. Its just that I cant concentrate with me talking to the person I dedicate this to. I thought you lose all your patience when you ditched me but I did everything I can to have you back that day. How can I even continue writing this if my inspiration is already lost right? Thank you for being an amazing bestfriend, You dont know how much blessed I am to have you but I want to end everything........ I DONT WANT YOU AS MY BESTFRIEND ANYMORE! Lets be more than that. I want you to be my girlfriend and soon to be, my wife. You mean that much to me. Will you accept it? Dania, I love you."

I finished reading his note and it left me with tears in my eyes and a smile on my face. "Wha. wha. whats this?" I asked him while stuttering. I didnt know what to do. "YES or NO, Dania?" He had his eyes narrowed in confusion, expectation and love all shown in his expression. "Yes~!" I simply answered him with tears continuously flowing as he hugged me. I didnt know this day will come. I was too happy that my mixed up feelings just changed into happy and inlove feelings all in one. He released his hug and revealed his happy face. His face was painted with too much colors and feelings that I didnt know I was able to see until now and that is all because of me.

"I love you, Dania."

"I love you more, Peniel."