Chapter 1: Bound to be ONE - Kris

Rise from Exoplanet

It was an autumn's morn in the city of Vancouver, the chilly breeze sounds the early warning of what it is to come in a couple of months. Kris, a college student who's got nothing to worry except exams and band practice is starting to feel the heat of the coming semester's final exams. Kris was never someone that burns the midnight oil like old bandmate Jonathan does, last minute work wasn't his style. 

It's just half past eight, in a cozy corner of Vacouver's public library, Kris was busy chewing down the whole pile of notes and books. 

"Oh man! When can we even finish this, eventhough it's still two days away? It's IMPOSIBREUUUU~" Jonathan mumbled.

"You could have started you revision earlier, I guess we could make it though." Estimating from his progress, Kris made the conclusion confidently.

"That's easy for you to say! I am not as smart as you" 

"hahaha...cut those complaints of yours and you'll definately be prepared for the test" Kris smiles brightly at Jonathan that looks like he just lost the will of living.

Kris and Jonathan, both friends went on studying for an hour or so when Kris starts to feel sick and uneasy.

"What's wrong?" Jonathan was shock seeing Kris turn pale all of a sudden. 

"Urgh...I have no idea, it feels pretty heavy in the chest, it's hard to breathe, and I am feeling kinda drowsy now." Kris looks really sick.

" Then I guess we should call it a day, let's go! Do you wanna go to the hospital or something? you look horrible." Jonathan is getting worried.

"Nah...it's ok, I'll just get home and get some rest." 

It wasn't really the chest or anywhere else, it's the heart, it was a feeling that Kris has never experienced before, some strong forces is pressing him down, it's heavy and it's dark. 

After leaving the library, both friends parted ways as Jonathan needs to go pick up his little sister from his aunt's place, hence Kris headed home on his own. It was the normal route that he takes returning home, nothing unusual about it and Kris has known to walk that path all alone for years since middle school. But today, it was different. 

Every step that Kris takes, someone seems to be watching him from afar, even if pedestrians walks pass him, that SOMEONE is still watching him and the feeling get's so strong that Kris feels like throwing up. At a corner turn, Kris can no longer take it, he starts to run. And then from behind, there came footsteps and the footsteps grew faster and louder. Now, it's a chase between who knows what and Kris. Kris ran without even knowing where he was running to, he just takes every path that he sees. Kris ran and ran, and then ....

 

it was a solid wall,it's the end of the alley. Oh NO! Now what!! ?? Kris could feel himself shaking and the chills run down his spine. Kris was praying hard and there he saw a flight of narrow stairs that leads up to a four storey building. Without much thinking, Kris charged up the stairs and reaches the opened space on the attic where Kris could see the opened empty space of other neighbouring buildings. 

"No way that I'm gonna do this, it's not like I am some parkour freak or hollywood heros!" Jumping over was not an option, it's too dangerous, Kris was thinking hard in his head, this whole running thing is totally a joke. Suddenly, the loud sound of people climbing up the stairs was heard. Kris was stunned. One step two step...there's no way to run.

In that split moment of time, there was a tune, a melody, a song that rings in Kris's ears. Kris could feel that his body was somehow no longer in his control, with a lift of his foot, without even realising what he was doing, Kris leaped from the top of the fourth floor.

"I am a goner. "

That jump was way too weak to reach the nearest building opposite, it must be the end of his life. Kris shut his eyes tight, fearing what would happen in a quater of a second. 

1...2...3...it's more than 5 counts since Kris closed his eyes and nothing happened. When I open my eyes, I could have been in heaven already, considering how peaceful that feeling was. Slowly, Kris opens up his eyes. Kris is totally shocked and amazed to find himself landed all well and unhurt on the alley path in between the two buildings. 

Wait! Is this some sort of a dream? Kris lost for words. It was totally a miracle how he could have survive that fall. 

Those that are chasing him was nowhere to be seen soon after Kris's jump. Kris ran home shocked at what happened, The only thing that he could remembered clearly was the tune and the feeling of air resistance and air current, just like the feeling of landing with a parachute. 

 

For a week, Kris still can't get what happened that night off his mind. It was the day of the last paper, after completing the test, Kris decided to find the answer for himself. He went back to the very same building but was too afraid to try it out there, so he went to a flight of stairs behind some old buildings where there will be no one passing by. This time Kris ran and jump without having his eyes shut. The answer totally blew him off his mind. 

The moment his feet left the ground the same tune came ringing, and then WINGS. There were showdow of wings extending from his back below him. He turned around and could not believe his eyes.

He could FLY.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 2 : Bound to be ONE : Baekhyun, Suho & Chanyeol >>>>>COMING SOON