Of Ruined Dinner & Messy Kitchen

Domestic Life

 

 

Sungyeol was coming back from a particularly busy day. He had had a rather hectic schedule lately and the shooting of the final episode of his drama had finally completed. He let out a sigh of relief as he would have more free time after this. As he approached his home, he took a look at the time and it was nearly 9.00 pm. He had not eaten since early afternoon so he was looking forward to having a nice dinner and finally relaxing for the day.

 

When Sungyeol entered his kitchen, he was beyond shocked at what he was looking. Was it a kitchen or a disaster, he could not really recognize. The entire place was a mess that he did not remember ever making.

 

A figure slowly appeared from behind the island in the middle of the kitchen. It was Sunggyu. He looked like someone had played a practical joke on him, with more than half his body covered with flour.

 

“Hi,” Sunggyu smiled at him sheepishly. “You’re home.”

 

“Ermm, yes, I’m home,” Sungyeol was still staring at the bizarre scene in front of him.

 

“Welcome home,” Sunggyu looked at him, a slightly guilty expression on his face.

 

“Uh,” Sungyeol decided to ask the obvious question, “What in the world happened here, hyung?”

 

"I had the day off and you were busy the whole day and I thought why don’t I do something for you when you return home. So I tried making dinner. But then I got distracted, and I think I burnt the water. I never thought that was even possible. And then I spilled some flour. But I think that was weird because I didn’t need any," Sunggyu frowned while flailing his arms around.

 

"Good God! What were you trying to make?" Sungyeol asked, slightly amused by Sunggyu’s nervous explanation while taking a step forward into the disaster area to survey the damage.

 

"Kimbap," Sunggyu replied lamely. "And some other stuff too, I don’t know. It didn't work out that well."

 

"Obviously," Sungyeol replied, smirking at him.

 

"Yeah," Sunggyu agreed, his face a bit flushed, "Obviously."

 

Sungyeol shook his head and could not hold back his laugh anymore.

 

"I'm sorry." Sunggyu offered, "I really wanted to make you a nice dinner for you to enjoy..." His shoulders dropped a little, his face pouting.

 

Sungyeol laughed a bit more, and stepped forward to help his hyung clean his dirty attire and wipe away some flour on his face.

 

"It’s okay though. It’s the thoughts that count," Sungyeol kissed Sunggyu the lips softly.

 

"What about dinner though?" Sunggyu asked, sliding his arms around Sungyeol's waist. 

 

"I ordered a pizza on my way home just now."

 

"God, you're brilliant. I know there’s a reason why I love you," Sunggyu smiled, his eyes disappearing into thin slits.

 

Sungyeol let go of Sunggyu and hit him lightly on his right arm. Sunggyu chuckled softly and reached for his behind to take off his apron. “I’ve better change into clean clothes and start cleaning the kitchen right now.”

 

However, before he could do that, Sungyeol quickly stopped his hands from doing so. Sunggyu looked at him, slightly confused.

 

“Hyung, you don’t need to take off your apron. You look cute in it.”

 

“Really? Cute? But I’m covered with flour right now. How come I look cute?” Sunggyu looked at himself, thinking that Sungyeol must have been out of his mind.

 

“Let me rephrase that a little bit. You look ravishing in that apron. And you know what? I ordered a pizza and it should arrive here in 30 minutes. That should give us enough time to ... you know what” Sungyeol was gazing at him, a predatory look on his face.

 

Sunggyu stared at him in shock, mouth slightly opened. Sungyeol was approaching him slowly. The look of pure lust did not escape Sunggyu’s attention.

 

“Yah! You ert! Get away from me! Don’t you dare come near me!” He shrieked, running away from the kitchen.

 

Sungyeol just cackled and started giving chase, knowing his hamster-looking hyung was fighting a losing battle.