Memories

You Don't Know My Love

Okay so...... anything in italics is considered a flashback. ^^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another sunset in Seoul. Couples were emerging to enjoy each other’s company and bask in the nightlife that only Seoul could offer. As the sun’s last rays of light left the surrounding buildings walls, the streetlights and window signs came to life, flooding the streets with every color of the spectrum. Men, women, teens, and children chatted happily as they walked down the sidewalks, window gazing and deciding on how to spend their evening.

The commotion of the streets would seem like an everyday occurrence to the people of Seoul. Though tonight a lone figure stood, unmoving, in the entrance of an alleyway, intently watching the sidewalk space in front of the restaurant on the other side of the street. The others walked by the figure, too enwrapped in their own plans to notice a solitary person, half-hidden in the shadows. Though only a few noticed the still figure, the way the shadows played across their features left them an unreadable outline.

The figure stood ignoring all the people walking by, their eyes set only on the few squares of sidewalk that graced the front of the restaurant. Many times they came and stood in this very same spot, waiting to see that person enter and exit the restaurant. That person had ceased all contact with the shadowed person long ago. ‘But why? Can’t you see it?’

They bowed their head, staring at the sidewalk, becoming lost in the memories of him.

“Jagiya!!”

He turned to the voice, he smiled. That amazing smile. The one that took her breath away. She laughed as she ran to him, throwing her arms around his neck. He picked her up and spun her around. “I was wondering where you were. What took you so long pabo?”

She released him, pouting, “You didn’t say where to meet at. You just generalized it. So it’s your fault I’m late,” she replied, sticking her tongue out. A pained expression took over his complexion as he reached a hand to grasp the place over his heart, “Oh…..yeobo…..you hurt me deeply when you say things like that.”

Her bottom lip jutted out, “Don’t say things like that, Oppa.” Her head dropped, “When you’re hurt, I’m hurting….” She pouted turning away. He quickly dropped his hands, stepping towards her.  Wrapping his arms around her waist, “Mianhae, Mi-Cha-sshi. I don’t mean to hurt you. You know that. I could never hurt you.”

She leaned back into his embrace, “Prove it.”

“Mwoh?”

She turned to face him, “Prove it, Onew.” His eyes widened as she stared deeply at his chocolate orbs. He gulped, raising a hand to caress her cheek, “Mi-Cha….”

She drew in a shaky breath. She’d been longing to hear him whisper her name with that much emotion. Her eyes flickered back and forth between his, trying to read his mind. Onew’s eyes drifted down to her lips. She tentatively bit her bottom lip, causing him to gasp. She leaned her forehead against his, wrapping her arms around his waist. She began to close her eyes, inching her face closer. He caressed her cheek once more before grasping the back of her neck and bringing their lips crashing together in a tender kiss. The contact of his plump lips against hers, took her breath away. She pulled him closer, not wanting to lose this moment. Their lips moved in harmony, neither forcing nor demanding for dominance. They savored the feeling of one another.

After a minute, they pulled away, their breathing heavier, pressing their foreheads together. She drew in a deep breath, rubbing circles on his back. They both sighed in content, causing the other to laugh. She looked back into his beautiful eyes, bringing one hand up to gently touch his cheek. “Onew-sshi.”

He smiled that breath-taking smile again, reaching up to grasp the hand on his face, bring it to his lips. “Mi-Cha-sshi,” he looked down and whispered, “Will you be my girlfriend?” She gasped, causing him to jerk his head up, his eyes wide.

A huge grin spread across her features. She intertwined their fingers, pulling it between them, pressing to each of their hearts. “Yes. I will.” He laughed, picking her up and spinning her around. The both laughed out of joy. They spent the rest of the day strolling around the park, their fingers intertwined and their hands swaying slightly, enjoying each other’s company.

What happened to them? What had gone wrong? She sniffled. She checked her watch. 8:37.

Where was he? He’s late. He’s never late. She looked back at the sidewalk across the street and let the memories flood back to her.

They’d officially been together for four months. It had been the happiest time of her life. He had told her about him debuting in a new group called SHINee. She was happy for him, but sad at the same time. This would mean that he would be spending less time with her.

Today was their six month anniversary. He’s promised something special. She’d spent the whole day getting ready, trying to make herself look perfect for her jagiya. She’d cooked his favorites and had them laid out perfectly on her kitchen table. She sat facing the doorway, anticipating his arrival.

Looking at the clock, she became anxious. He would be there in the next five minutes. But five minutes came and went. Then ten more. Twenty. An hour.

She stared at the numbers, willing them to be wrong. He was never late. He had never stood her up. She sat there, confused.

Two hours. He was two hours late. Did he forget what today was? She walked to the hall and grabbed her cellphone from the hall table. She flipped it open. Nothing. Not a single call or text. She tried calling him. It didn’t ring.

“Annyeong! Sorry I can’t answer you right now. I must be very busy with something. I’m sorry. Leave me a message and I’ll get back to you soon.”

A beep sounded, she was quiet for a few seconds, “Onew oppa…..where are you? I’ve been waiting for over two hours………..Where are you?” She hung up. Silent tears escaped down her cheeks. How could he forget today and leave his phone off. 

She went back to the table, sitting in her original seat. The food lay untouched and cold all around her. She sat there for minutes. Hours. Who knew. She stared at a spot on the wall by the doorway. It wasn’t like Onew to forget things. Especially ones about her.

As the minutes slipped by, so did her tears. She didn’t bother to brush them away. A sound of the door opening and shutting didn’t draw her from her trance. A figure rushed down the hall past where she sat, “Mi-Cha!! Mi-Cha! Where are you?” His voice. She looked at the time. 1 a.m.

He was five hours late.

“In here, oppa…..” Heavy footsteps echoed down the hall, he slid into the room, over calculating his stop. His foot slipped and he went crashing into the chair in front of him. He groaned, but quickly stopped. She usually laughed at him when his ‘condition’ came out. But nothing. He quickly stood up, using the chair as leverage, to find her staring at a spot over his shoulder. “Mi-Cha….” He ran to her and embraced her tightly. “Mianhae, yeobo. I tried to get here on time. I really did. But manager hyung called a late practice, and then the guys drug me to a club. I just escaped and came straight here. I’m so sorry, Mi-Cha,” he whispered, he voice cracking.

She turned to face him, “You went to a club….on our anniversary?”

He rubbed her cheek, “Against my will. Jonghyun and Key drug me and the others there. I tried to leave right after practice but they got to me first.” She looked away, “What about your phone? I tried calling you.”

He sighed, “That freaking dino took it from me. I’ll have to get it back from him tomorrow.” She turned her face away from his, “Yeobo? Are you mad at me?”

She didn’t reply, “Why did they take you to a club? Are they trying to split us up?”

Onew gasped, “No! They know how much I love you. They wouldn’t dare try that.” She turned her face further away, her shoulders turning as well. He tried to turn her back to him, but she was firmly planted in her seat.

“They don’t like me. I’ve always seen it.”

“Jagiya….I could care less if they did or not. As long as I have you that’s all that matters to me,” he whispered, finally turning her face to his and placing a tender kiss on her lips. At first she didn’t respond, but slowly melted into his embrace. “Am I forgiven?”

“Neh, jagiya. I won’t doubt you again,” she smiled at him. He smiled back but became uncomfortable. Something new was lurking in her eyes. Her expression wasn’t normal. This look….wasn’t Mi-Cha. Her look was sweet, caring, and innocent.

But this look was…possessive.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author notes: 

So............I started writing this last year. I have chapter two done. This is completely unedited. 

I didn't want to post this until I had it completely done. It was only meant to be a oneshot but it grew longer and longer so I turned it into a small story. 

I lost all inspiratoin for this story and I would really like to finish it. So any kind of feedback is welcome~

 

Help feed my plot bunnies~~~~~ They'e hungry~~~~