Chapter 1

The Comfortable Relationship

 

 

Chapter 1

 

“Ahyeon-aa, did you call the cupcakes shop?” asked Haejung to her little sister who is her assistant for the day since her PA had an emergency leave.

 

“I called them already, they will arrive in 20 minutes,” said Ahyeon calmly.

 

“20 minutes? The wedding is starting by one hour, I cannot accept this,” Haejung kept babbling alone every minute. Everything seems not done to her until the cupcakes arrive.

 

20 minutes passed…

 

The deliver guy was walking fast towards the setting table for dessert with a handful of 8 boxes of cupcakes and said sorry to Ahyeon. He was too scared to face haejung who was gazing him from the entrance door. He could see flames in her eyes; indeed haejung was very upset about it. Ahyeon accepted the cupcakes and start assembling it on the dessert display table.

 

When he pass by haejung, she said “I’m gonna complain about this,” and widened her eyes to scare the delivery guy.

 

“phew that was close, thank god Ahyeon was there” the delivery guy, Minhyuk, sighed in relief and start his van and drove off.

 

After making her last check in the wedding hall, she then went to check on the bride. The gown was exquisite and elegant. Haejung couldn’t thank the designer enough for the beautiful gown. The bride asked her to help with the zipper. After she help with the zipper, the bride turned around to look at her dress in front of the mirror.

 

“do I look pretty in this dress or what?” this bride was so excited to get married although it is her 3rd time. Every time she gets married, Haejung will be the planner she’ll be looking for because Haejung entertains all her needs and wants. When it comes to customers, Heajung never says no which seems to be her mothers concern.

 

“Of course you do Ms. Kang, I meant Mrs. Jung,” she giggled and amazed at how this lady managed to marriage up to 3 times. Haejung has not plan to marry yet because there is still someone in her heart which left her 5 years ago during college.

 

‘knock knock’

 

“that must be my dad,” the bride happily smile expecting her dad will enter the door to check up on her.

 

Haejung knew about the bride’s relationship with her father, they were so close like Haejung and her late father. Up till now she wonders if she could walk down the aisle alone and who will be at the end waiting for her.

 

“appa~! You came,” she quickly hug her father and almost cried.

 

“of course I will come, it’s my daughter’s wedding and I never get tired of accompanying you down the aisle,” said her father then kissed her cheek.

 

“anyeonghaseyo abuji,” Haejung bowed. She knew him since the previous weddings.

 

“oh anyeonghaseyo Haejungie, I’m sorry I didn’t saw you were there,”

 

“kwenchana abuji,”

 

‘knock knock’ the three of them turned to the door. Wonder who it will be.

 

“mianhae for disturbing,” it was ahyeon.

 

“unnie, the guests are starting to enter the hall,”

 

“okay, duty calls. I’ll be at the hall then. I wish all the best to you Jaemi. Nice meeting you again abuji,” she waved bye to them and went straight to the hall with Ahyeon.

 

“ready?” asked Haejung to her little sister. Ahyeon will be playing the piano today.

 

“better than ever,” answered her happily.

 

The event went well and everything was according to plan (like always). Haejung even get to dance with Ahyeon. It was the only time they get to spend together. Normally Haejung will be busy with preparations of weddings and Ahyeon was glad that Haejung’s PA was on leave so she could be with her sister for the day.

 

After packing their stuff, the girls call it a day and went home. Ahyeon was so tired that she had so much fun and went straight to bed after washing her face. Haejung turned off the lights and shut the door of Ahyeon’s room.

 

“how was the wedding today? Is Jaemi’s new husband good looking?” asked her mother curiously.

 

Haejung sat on the couch next to her mom and grab the remote.

 

“I must say he looks better than the previous ex-husbands. He looks dependable too. I hope Jaemi will stop marrying and stick with this one till last,” answered Haejung while looking for channels. Then she stopped at National Geographic. It was a footage about the kiwi bird.

 

“see, this is why you’re not married,” complained her mother.

 

“what does kiwi bird has to do with my personal life?”

 

Her mother just went into her bedroom leaving Haejung clueless.

 

--------

 

“eomma, where’s Haejung unnie?” asked Ahyeon who was having breakfast and get ready for school.

 

“she already went out, saying to the bakery or something,”

 

*omona! She must be there to complain about the incident yesterday*

 

“what’s wrong Ahyeon?” she sense something is going on. She can read ahyeon face that there’s something going on.

 

“err, nothing. Thank you for the breakfast eomma!,” Ahyeon ran quickly towards the door and put her shoes on. On her way to school, she text Minhyuk.

 

‘Minhyuk, Haejung unnie is at the cupcake shop.

Don’t walk in front of the bakery. ’

 

‘thanks’

 

-----------------

 

Sorry it was too short.

I hope you could comment and I will know the feed back. thanks!