===

Their Story (One-Shot)

Myungsoo's POV

 

I saw Sunggyu hyung looking at Jihyun. I look over Jihyun, she is laughing together with her friends while holding a pen on her right hand and a notebook on the table.

 

"Hyung! You like her don't you?" I asked him.

 

"Wh-what?" His eyes widen.

 

I chuckled and sit next to him. "You like her. You want help?"

 

"I think so." He looked at me.

 

"Yah! Why are looking at me like that?" I pulled out my new notebook. Free from scratch and dirt.

 

"Nothing. You are my best friend, right?"

 

I nodded. "Yup!" I said and start to write on my new notebook.

 

'My Best Friend Kang Jihyun and Kim Sunggyu

~August 7th 2007~

 

Kim Sunggyu, he is one of my best friends. He obviously likes Jihyun. Jihyun is my best friend too since we are in elementary but our relationship didn't go far because I only look at her as my sister.'

 

"Do you ever feel something when you are talking to her?" Sunggyu asked.

 

"Are you saying that I once liked Jihyun? No way! I'm just her best friend. I didn't feel anything special to her." I said honestly.

 

I added on my notebook: 'Sunggyu asked me if I did like Jihyun but I answered him 'No.'

 

 

"Chingu!" She called me.

 

"Yes?" I looked at her.

 

"I kind of like this guy but I don't think he knows me because you know..."

 

"... because you are a nerd? Are you nuts? You are just wearing glasses and you call yourself a nerd?" I chuckled and ruffled her hair.

 

"Yah~ I'm dead serious." She said.

 

"Alright. Who is this lucky guy?"

 

"He's from 3-A class." She looked down.

 

"Senior? So, he is older than you?"

 

She nodded. "Yeah. He is Kim Sunggyu."

 

"Sunggyu? Really? He's my friend!" I said.

 

"Are you serious? Can you help me to be friends with him?" She did an aegyo to me.

 

I laughed and nodded. "Alright! I'll help you."

 

"Yay! Thank you Myungsoo!"

 

“I want her phone number.” Jihyun mumbled.

 

“You want his number? Here! Message him, okay? I guess it’s going to be okay for him.” I said and continue what I am doing.

 

‘Since Jihyun want her to be friend Sunggyu I decided to give Sunggyu’s phone number to Jihyun.’

 

 

“So, how was it?” Sunggyu said to me.

 

I decided to go at the library and read some books.

 

“I gave your number to her.” I said.

 

“Really?!” He almost shouted.

 

“Please keep quiet.” The librarian said.

 

We both bowed to her and chuckled and continue reading my book. He went out of the library.

 

Once again, I pulled out my notebook and write: ‘When I was at the library, Sunggyu sat beside me and asked me what happened. I said what I did a while ago. He seems so happy. The librarian even asked us to keep quiet.’

 

I looked at the door and I saw Jihyun enter the library. Okay, they’re like a freak.

 

‘Okay, Jihyun is now here and I know what she is going to ask.’

 

Jihyun walked towards on my table. “I don’t know how to start a conversation to him.”

 

“Aigoo! Jihyun-ah you are such a kid. Just message he like ‘Hi’ or ‘Hello’ or introduce yourself to him.” I said, sticking my eyes on the book I was reading.

 

“Alright!” She sat beside me and pulled out her phone.

 

I took a peek on her phone and she typed.

 

‘Hey! This is Jihyun. I’m from 2-A Class. I just got your number to someone you know. I want you to be my friend.’

 

‘When I saw the message she sent to Sunggyu I wanted to laugh but my laugh don’t want to come out. Minutes later Sunggyu replied on her message. She said ‘Oh! I’m Sunggyu from 3-A Class. Can you call me oppa since I am older than you?’ A smile formed on Jihyun’s face that cannot be erased. I just chuckled and read the book that I’m reading again.

 

 

Days had passed and I’m still writing on my notebook. I am almost on the middle page of my notebook but I didn’t care. Writing their story seems so fun. I’m writing their in a cursive letter. I also keep this as a secret. The both of them don’t know what I am doing on this notebook. But, I know they already saw this notebook.

 

‘They become friends already!

~August 8, 2007~

 

I saw the two of them walking to their room. I may call myself as a stalker but who cares? I love doing this! Suddenly, Sunggyu kissed Jihyun’s forehead. My eyes widen and I smiled. I guess they’re meant to be. The class ended and I saw them walking together. They went to the library. I also saw them together at lunch. I didn’t eat lunch because I stalk their actions.’

 

‘More closer~

~August 9, 2007~

 

They are spending more time to each other. I always saw them talking, laughing and eating together. They look like a real couple. When I’m asking them if they are already couple they’ll just shook their head with a red hint on their faces. I just nodded when they are saying those things. I know where this will end.’

 

‘They fight. =(

~August 10, 2007~

 

They are not together when I saw them at school. I guess they fight? Maybe. I went to Jihyun’s desk and asked her what happened. She said that they have some misunderstandings. I guess it’s too personal to blurt out. But, I need to know what’s happening. Lunch time, I went to see Sunggyu. I saw him sitting alone on their table. I went to him and asked him what going on between the two of them. He said that Jihyun told him her first love to Sunggyu. And Sunggyu got jealous. I laughed at him. When I saw Jihyun, I told her to seat on our table. She accept and I made them okay.’

 

 

“Myungsoo!!!” Jihyun shouted and ran towards me.

 

“Problem?” I asked and look at her wityh my poker face.

 

She is smiling widely and her glasses are gone. I can see that she is wearing a black contact lens.

 

She showed me her hands and I saw there was a ring.

 

“I’m his official girlfriend!” She said.

 

It’s been a year that the two of them are already friends. Well, Sunggyu already got his confidence to confess to Jihyun.

 

I smiled widely and hugged her. “Congrats!!” I said.

 

“Yah!!! You are not allowed to hug my baby!” Sunggyu popped out nowhere.

 

“I’m just her friend so don’t be so jelly! Okay?” I laughed.

 

“Myungsoo is right!” Jihyun said.

 

“Araseo!" He pouted.

 

“Ew! Sunggyu! Stop it! It doesn’t fit you!” I shouted and the two of them laughed.

 

“You know, Myungsoo. We are really thankful that you are our friend, because of you we are not in this situation.” Jihyun said.

 

“Nah! I just wanted to help.” I said.

 

‘They are official COUPLES!!!

September 25, 2008

 

Well, I really felt happy about the two of them. They are already together. Isn’t that great? They are friends within a year and now they are couples. I feel really good! Can you believe it? HAHAHA! Okay, I’m crazy.’

 

It’s already winter and I bought a new notebook. This notebook is already my third notebook. I didn’t stop. Now, we are now graduating our senior year and Jihyun will start going on her senior year. Next month is our graduation. The couple made a celebration early because they know that this year we’ll be having a lot of works to do.

 

 

 

“Myungsoo-ah!” Ji hyun called me.

 

I looked back and I saw her looking at my notebook.

 

“What’s that?” She pointed at the notebook that I’m holding.

 

“Nahh! Don’t mind this stuff!” I laughed awkwardly.

 

“Yah! Tell me the truth.”

 

“But, this is my diary. I can’t tell you!” I said.

 

“Alright! I’m going now. Did you saw Sunggyu?”

 

“He said he’ll be at the library. You know that brat, he loves studying now because of you.” I chuckled.

 

“Whatever, you dork!” She said and start walk out.

 

A month passed…

 

‘Graduation – Full of Tears

~January 27, 2009~

 

Today is our graduation; I can’t believe that I’m going to be college student! I saw Jihyun running towards Sunggyu, she hugged him really tight like there’s no tomorrow. I guess that is love? It’s none of my business.

 

The Graduation Ceremony just ended. All of the senior students have these puffy eyes including me. I saw Sunggyu crying alone at the bench. I approach him and asked him why is he crying, he replied to me that he don’t want to leave Jihyun here in Seoul. He really loves her so much. His parents want him to study at Canada and he’ll be back after five or even seven years. Jihyun don’t know that Sunggyu will go to Canada and study college there.’

 

‘Having fun in Noreabang

January 28, 2009

 

After our graduation, the three of us decided to go at the noraebang. It is our first time but maybe this would be the last. Jihyun excitedly go inside and I can see Sunggyu how will he say that he will be going to other country.

 

When we got inside, Jihyun started to sing a song first. ‘I Choose to Love You’ is the first song that plays. Sunggyu is next, he enter the number and ‘My Heart is Like a Star’ start to play. What’s with the ballad songs?

 

When the song ended, Sunggyu said the truth to Jihyun. Jihyun didn’t say anything but she smiled to him. She is happy. She is happy that Sunggyu will able to finish his college in Canada. But still, she is hurt, sad, and mostly she felt that her day won’t be complete like in past.

 

I stood up and enter a song. ‘Nothing’s Over’ played on the screen. I sang and dance crazily and they start to smile. I feel really happy because they are now smiling again.’

 

‘February 14, 2012

Their Date

 

Since it is break, Jihyun told me that to guide her on her date. Well, I can’t say no to her because she is my best friend. Sunggyu on the other hand said to me that follow him on their date. Aigoo, they both want me to be there on their own date. Sigh. Oh well, they’re my friends.’

 

 

 

“Myungsoo-ah! Where are you?” Jihyun asked with a worried voice.

 

“I’m hiding at the big tree. I can see the two of you right here.” I said on the phone.

 

“Oh! I saw you!” She chuckled.

 

“I’ll be on my car.”

 

“Alright!”

 

I went to my car and watch them.

 

*ring ring*

 

“Now what?” I said.

 

“I can see you over here.” Sunggyu said.

 

“I know.” I chuckled.

 

He suddenly hung up and I smiled.

 

‘February 14, 2012

Their Date (Continuation)

 

Their date started, Sunggyu gave her a peck when they are in the Ferris wheel he also gave her a big teddy bear. Jihyun blushed a lot when she received a lot of surprises and gifts from Sunggyu. When I saw my watch and it was already 8. They look around first and I think they thought that I’m not watching at them anymore. Sunggyu start to drive and Jihyun is laughing really hard, I think it’s because of Sunggyu’s joke. I know you are all thinking how I knew about that, it’s because I put a hidden camera on his car but I can’t hear what they are saying. Sunggyu park his car at the side of the road. Jihyun hugged him and said something to him but I don’t know what it is. Suddenly Sunggyu start to lean on her face and then-’

 

 

Sunggyu’s POV

 

I stopped the car beside the road. Jihyun wanted to buy some drinks that’s why I stop the car. She suddenly hugged me.

 

“Sunggyu, thank you for today. I know you’ll be on another country on our collage. I’ll be waiting for you.” She said while hugging me.

 

“I love you Jihyun-ah…” I looked at her face. I lean in her face and then…

 

*beep beep*

 

Everything’s went black. I don’t know why. I slowly open my eyes and I can only see is light. I also saw Jihyun in a white dress. Wait! What happened? She’s not wearing that long white dress when we are in our date. I looked at my clothes too. It’s all white. What’s happening? I looked around and I saw people are smiling on us. I hold Jihyun’s hands she looked at me and smiled.

 

“Welcome!” An old man with gold hair that looks like God said.

 

“What’s happening?” I asked.

 

“You are no longer living on the earth you are already here at the heaven.” He said.

 

“You mean I’m already dead?”

 

He nodded. “With Jihyun?” I added. He nodded once again.

 

Suddenly Myungsoo came on my mind. “Where is Myungsoo?”

 

“Sunggyu, he’s still in the Earth.” Jihyun softly said to me.

 

“What?”

 

“Look over there.” She pointed on my left and I saw Myungsoo sitting on the chair on the hospital with his teary eyes.

 

“Oh my.”

 

“Sunggyu-ah! Don’t worry he’ll be fine.” The guy who looks God said.

 

I nodded to him. “What is he doing?” I asked.

 

“He is writing. He is writing about your love story.” He said.

 

“Really?” I looked at the notebook and I saw: ‘8:23PM when I saw the accident happened. I don’t know what to do. I was too shocked of what happened.’

 

“He is!” I smiled and chuckled. “Well, I wanted to thank him for everything.”

 

“He knew already that we are thankful to him so I wish he would meet a girl on his life.” Jihyun said.

 

I looked at Jihyun and kissed her forehead.

 

 

Myungsoo’s POV

 

‘- a large track hit their car. My eyes widen and I don’t know what to do. I call an ambulance and the ambulance said that they will be there in any moment. I went to the place where the accident happened. I gulped and went out of the car. I saw there’s a lot of blood on their body. The people there said that they’re gone. My eyes start to water. I’m such a bad friend. They quickly put their bodies in the car and they went to the hospital.

 

It was 8:23PM when I saw the accident happened. I don’t know what to do. I was too shocked of what happened.’

 

I closed the notebook. My eyes start to water again. My tears kept on falling. I guess this is the last notebook that I will buy and this is the last chapter of their story. I once again open the notebook and I write: ‘This is the last chapter and the last notebook. My best friend Jihyun and Sunggyu died together and went to heaven together. I guess this is happily ever after. You may now have rest in peace Kang Jihyun and Kim Sunggyu.’

 

 

6 years passed…

 

3rd Person’s POV

 

“Waah! This book is really good! I wonder if Kim Myungsoo is still writing some stories!” A high school student wipes her tears on her cheeks. She gave the thick book on her friends.

 

“Yah, Why are you crying?” Her friend asked.

 

“I don’y know maybe because I already done reading it.”

 

“Yah! I already read that! That book is really daebak!”

 

“Hey! Let me see!!!”

 

Myungsoo walked past on his students. He is now a teacher, after six years he decided to be a Mathematics teacher. He decided not to write a story anymore.

 

“Good afternoon, Mr. Nam!” The students bowed to him.

 

He smiled to them and went to the faculty. All of the teachers there are reading his book. He also changed his name from Kim Myungsoo to Nam Woohyun. He doesn’t want them to know that he is the one who wrote that book and published it. His book is one of the best sellers in Seoul.

 

“Mr. Nam. Please interview the new teacher on the office. Also, tour her in our school. Here’s her information.” The principal said to him and he nodded.

 

He obeyed the principal and went to the office. He saw the girl that sitting on the couch. When he saw tall girl with long hair and milky skin his heart start to beat fast. Do you believe in love at first sight?

 

The girl stood up and said, “Annyeonghaseyo, My name is Ms. Jung Eunji and I’m a Physics teacher.”

 

He smiled at her and they start to walk around the campus. Then there a paper plane that came from the sky and it says:

 

‘Our story, written on an empty notebook. =)’

 

While they are walking his heart would beat fast when he saw her smiling.

 

On that place and on the certain time he realize that he’ll be writing another story not about his friends nor to this girl but from the two of them; Jung Eunji and him.

 

 

-END-

 

I hope you enjoy reading my story!! THANK YOUUU!!! =)) <3

-DaHyeon