It's 'that' day but I guess I didn't know...

His Happiness - Yamada Ryosuke X Shida Mirai Oneshot

Warning: May be a little long *whacked*

__________________________________________________________

 

I was running really fast because the school bell will ring in about two minutes. 

Darn it. I’ll be late! While running, I see some girls still on the hallways, giggling and such, looking like I dunno, spectators? I mean, don’t they look at the time?

Anyway, I’m a few inches away from our classroom door, and…

Bam!

Whoops, close. I almost bumped into someone… sigh, sigh, actually, pants… panting like mad.

“Mirai-chan, you’re late again?”

That was his line. Of course it didn’t surprise me because that’s Chinen. Oh-so-Mr. Perfect. “Whoa, I’m not late YET.” I looked at my watch, “Ha! See? I made it just in time!” It may sound silly but I did a little victory dance while I enter the room. Umika was trying hard not to laugh, while Ohgo was shaking her head. The usual reactions, I guess.

“Did you sleep in… again?” Yuto was being Yuto, annoying but not really. He looked a little tired today than usual. I mean, he usually looked tired every Monday, but today looked a little extra stress was on him. I faced him and regardless of his current state, I pinched his nose. Like usual, he’ll wince, then try to pull my hand away but fail, then say ‘Ite!’ over and over. But me, I won’t stop yet. Not till he begs me to stop. Hihi. I like it when he asks me to stop. I feel the sweet taste of victory. “Seriously, I have got to have a counter attack for that” poor guy, rubbing his Rudolf-nose.

Ohgo was laughing now. Usually, Ohgo would tell me to stop doing silly things, but when it comes to Yuto, I think she’ll go as far as paying me just so I wouldn’t stop doing it. I think she likes it when Yuto gets teased or bullied –not in a serious way, but yeah. Anyway, my take on these two…. They make a cute couple. Random comment, I know, but I keep it inside my head, so I’m good.

Surprisingly, the bell was late today. Hmm… wonder why…

“Mirai-chan, did you finish the homework for math though? We’ve been discussing it earlier, and we’re missing answers on some questions. Think you can help out?” Okay, Miki is always like this, ever so polite. It felt weird at first, but then his politeness didn’t change even when we got closer. I mean, it’s just who he is. Kamiki Ryunosuke. He said when he was a kid people refer to him as ‘the boy who looks like a girl.’ I guess society can be a good judge sometimes. But he looks more boyish now. And honestly, he’s looking especially great this senior year, I’m happy for him. I guess he’s turning really popular with the girls. Okay, so what was he saying? “Huh? Umm… I guess I finished all questions, I’m not sure if they’re right though. But, here…” I fished out the notebook, gave it to him right away. I did that math homework last night, did it without really knowing what I was doing but I think I did it okay.

“Thanks!” Miki kept it under his desk for now. Then I saw Chinen who was from outside, I’m guessing he went for the washroom when we almost bumped into each other. Okay so he sat in front of Yuto. Oh, I sit beside Yuto. Yuto’s between Ohgo and I. Messy, messy description I know, but it’s a Monday morning, give me a break. So Miki sits in front of me, so he’s sitting beside Chinen.

“Why didn’t you guys asked Chinen for those math questions?” I had to ask. Chinen’s like the ‘A+’ student.

Chinen looked at me and said, “I’ll accept defeat just this once if ever you actually got the right answers to those questions.”

I waved a hand over my face, “No way I’ll get them. If you couldn’t answer them, then it’s impossible for me.”

“I didn’t even manage to get an answer, so be proud of yourself for actually getting one; Regardless if it’s right or wrong.” Chinen faced up front. Still, no bell.

Okay, my heads not working properly this morning, talking with Chinen isn’t helping either. “Whatever you say. My head is aching already. The bell’s a little too late today, isn’t it?”

“Yeah… and our adviser” Miki stated.

“And Yama-chan…” Yuto continued. I was a little caught-off guard. Oh yeah… Ryo-kun’s missing. Funny. I didn’t notice till now.

Chinen was about to say something. Then…

RIIIING!!!

The bell rang and the rest was history. Well you know, rest is you-know-what, not history class or yeah, okay I’m totally psyched today. And is it me or does the classroom look a little on both extremes today. I feel like there’s a point where it all seemed eerie, then too loud. What’s going on?

I’m just glad it was lunchtime already. Still no Ryo-kun, but people miss out on school for various reasons. It’s strange though, he’s not the type to do it. So the guys went for the rooftop as always, and for a change, I didn’t come with them. I decided to eat lunch with Umika and Ohgo.

We were inside the room, and some other people, but the room was kind of empty. “Wow, is the cafeteria offering a special today or what? There’s like almost no one here…”

Ohgo was about to bite on her tempura and almost dropped it because she looked like she heard a lame but hilarious joke. 

“What?”

Umika drank some water and she’s trying not to blurt it out at us. Then Ohgo looked okay now and what she said kind of caught me, more than off-guard. If there’s even a state like that.

“It’s Valentine’s Day today silly, have you forgotten?”

“EH????” I can tell my eyes exploded. Well, that’s exaggeration, but what the heck!? Valentine’s Day? So that explains the girls giggling this morning near the hallways. Oh, and all the weirdness. Period. “Are you guys sure?”

“We are, clearly you’re not.” Umika answered.

I checked on my phone. February 14, 2011. Yep. For sure, it is Valentine’s Day.

“So I take it that you have no plans at all, considering you’ve forgotten.” Ohgo spoke, we all continued eating. Well, I was half-interested, I was taken aback by things.

“I guess I don’t. Well, not that I usually do.”

“Ohgo-chan almost confessed today.” Umika said teasingly

“Eh? To who?” then I looked at Ohgo, she’s trying her best not to make it look like a glare, but I know she’s glaring at us. I dunno, she’s weird like that sometimes. Then I continued saying, “…and seriously?”

“Almost… I didn’t, okay…”

“Why didn’t you? Okay, I’m piling up questions here…” I was munching at my riceball. Surprisingly yummy, you know? 

“Doesn’t matter…”

“Nakajima-kun.” Umika’s shot, and bull’s eye

Ohgo faced down, was shaking her head. “I said I didn’t do it!”

“and WHY didn’t you?” Umika pressed on the subject. 

I was a little... you can say, shocked. Remember I was telling you guys how I think they look cute as a couple? So, am I some kind of a fortune-teller now of some sort?

“Mirai-chan, help me out here. I knew I should’ve given him the letter myself.”

“You do understand I’m still in a state of speechlessness.”

“Drop the topic” Ohgo said, glaring at Umika, and “…and I’m glad you’re speechless” while looking at me. Wow, this girl is blushing like tomato freshly-picked. “I don’t want talk about it. Can we talk about something else?”

“Ohgo-chan its Valentine’s. And you’re chocolate would be a waste…”

“I don’t even have one!”

So like those guy-friends that I have, these two girls bicker too you know. When they decided to calm down, with Ohgo just ignoring Umika and Umika eventually giving up, I stepped into the conversation.

“So, is it okay for me to ask why you didn’t go for it? Yuto-kun’s a great guy.”

“Sssssshhhhh! Someone might you and get the wrong idea…” Ohgo was hastly. I can tell Umika’s enjoying this a little. You see, among the three of us, Ohgo’s usually more calm and composed. Well, compared to Umika and I. Seeing her a panic a little is a little rewarding.

“So why didn’t you?” Umika pressed on the subject

“…Because, I just didn’t want to anymore. That’s it.”

“That’s no good.” Umika was shaking her head while saying this. Meanwhile, my phone was ringing. Well, vibrating. Silent mode you see, we’re in school grounds. While Umika and Ohgo discuss the ‘cancelled confession’ I dug out my phone from my pocket. Sidetracking a little, I’ve been wanting to change my phone for some months now because whenever I get a call, it’s always either on loudspeaker mode or looking for a headset. Sometimes I don’t even know if I actually get to hit the right answer button or what. Okay honestly, there are times I thought I didn’t get to answer the call, but then again I actually did, but I just couldn’t hear the other person on the line. Defects of some technology. I’ve had this phone for just some months, and I’m working on switching in. 

Nonetheless, I tried to answer, and now it hanged. Great. I didn’t even get to see who was calling! A little pissed, and slammed the phone on top of our three conjoined desks, surprising Ohgo and Umika.

“Are you okay?” apparently, Umika was talking to the phone.

“I’ll throw that phone, I swear. Someone help me keep my sanity. So what we’re we talking about? Why didn’t you confess to Yuto?”

“Sssshhhh… I said be quiet.”

“Demo, Ohgo-chan I really think you should’ve done it. I mean, there’s nothing wrong in trying. Besides, we’re graduating soon, who knows if we all get separated. There are some chances that are just… now. Know what I mean?” Umika was surprisingly good at these kind of stuff. Me? Not really. I’d rather listen.

“Well, I’m just, I guess scared. We’re friends, and I don’t want things to turn awkward.”

“Why would it turn awkward?” I was the one who asked. I had to, because it didn’t make much sense to me.

“If he doesn’t feel the same way, it’ll all change. That’s what usually happens.”

“And what if he feels the same way? Then, YAY! Happy, right?” Umika was trying to be as convincing as possible, I can tell. We just want Ohgo to be happy.

“Besides, I think Yuto-kun feels the same way…” this is my honest opinion. I mean, being his close friend, I can tell the guy has something for Ohgo. I swear. No lies. And this opinion is not even influenced by Valentine’s Day.

“He does…” Someone spoke, creepy enough it sounded like someone on the phone.

Ohgo didn’t say anything, Umika looked like she’s been splashed with water, and I was a little flabbergasted. Is that even the right word? I’m feeling all poetic today, don’t you think? Anyway, yeah.

“Who was that?”

“It’s me, Chinen. He’s on his way back there…”

“Chinen? And how is it possible we’re talking right now?” I am aghast. I hate being all poetic and deep, but I keep doing it. Oh what the heck, its Valentine’s Day anyway. “This is weird.”

“You kept your phone on, silly?” Chinen sounded all choppy now. Probably the connection, and stupid phone malfunctioning.

“I did!?” I had to let Ohgo know I didn’t do it on purpose.

“But her phone’s dead!” Umika sounded all panic-ky. I can understand. Imagine the things we’ve said and they heard it all. Yuto-kun heard it all. Yabai…

Chinen didn’t seem to hear most of the stuff but he kept talking saying, “Yuto put it on loudspeaker so I could talk to you. Then you guys started talking about things. We were calling you to let you know you have to get up here. But yeah. Oh and Ohgo-chan, don’t worry. No one else was here but Yuto and I.”

Baka. Like that’ll make her feel better, she didn’t want YUTO to know. Chinen can be a totally silly sometimes. Then again, my optimistic side is ticking, and I wanted to think of all this as a work of fate, and not accident. So yeah, the call was soon cut off, and I had to get up there, since Chinen said its urgent. Darn little person didn’t wanna tell me what’s the commotion all about. And yeah, I might sound like a bad friend, but I don’t have much to say to Ohgo-chan. I was apologizing, but she looked petrified.

I stood up and was on my way out, “Are you sure it’s okay for me to leave? Ohgo-chan?” Being polite is a must at times like this, I guess. Then again, how often does these things happen? I can’t help but laugh inside my head. I feel like things are off to something good.

Ohgo smiled. She looked petrified still, but now a little calmer. I guess she’s trying to regain her composure. Before I left, I saw her holding an envelop. Maybe that’s the one she was supposed to give earlier. I wonder. Umika looked like she’s about to leave too. I didn’t bother asking and made my way to the door. And then….

An almost Bang! Again, I’m lucky Yuto works on brakes well. 

I was thinking of something to say, but what? He looked pale from running. The rooftop’s freakin’ three stories above our room, and on the other side of the building. This guy needs some H-2-O. Okay, so I was poetic a few minutes ago, now I’m turning all chemistry-ish? What’s with me today? Sheesh… Okay, so back to the moment.

Yuto stood there, panting, and he made his way inside the room, patting my shoulder as he walk passed me. I didn’t stay to witness what happens next, but I’m sure my goosebumps aren’t for fear… yeeee…. Haha! The last thing I remembered was Ohgo standing up and walking towards him. I couldn’t remember seeing Umika left, but she wasn’t inside the room anymore, so yeah. Gambatte Ohgo-chan!

Then I ran, and ran, and ran, my silly –now, dead- cellphone inside my pocket. Then I felt it vibrate. Whoa. So it wasn’t dead? Oh well. I didn’t even bother answering it, this phone gives me troubles. Big ones! Then I turned to the staircase, taking two steps at a time. Wow, I’m on fire today. Floor by floor, my legs were starting to sore. Wow, now I rhyme stuff? Ridiculous day for me; Simply ridiculous.

I was a little distracted when a saw some couple sharing a bento near the stairs. Kawaii so… then the next floor, there’s a confession going on. Woohoo, good luck to all of you!

Finally… Panting, panting… the stupid rooftop. Chinen was near the door, actually, I almost hit him when I slammed it open. It almost hit the wall hard, but Chinen was quick enough to grab hold of it. I was pretty loud when I came in and Chinen slammed his palm, covering my mouth.

What the heck? I tried to push his away, but this little-guy sure is strong. “Urmf… Hwhrat thge?” yeah, I sounded pretty much like that. He was telling me to shut up. Oh silly me, not getting the violent gesture right away. I nodded and finally he let go. “What are we hiding from exactly?”

Chinen didn’t reply but he shoved my hand over my mouth. My own hand over my own mouth, by force! Okay, recap. Poetic, Chemisty-ish, now I’m experiencing some action-y? What? Not a valid word, but you know what I mean. I watched as Chinen used the entrance shed –I can it entrance shed because it’s a shed that contains the entrance and exit stairs for the rooftop. That’s where I came from a few seconds ago. Okay, so we were on the side where the door is, Chinen scooted a little on the right, and he looked like he’s peeking, using the shed to cover himself.

Naturally, I followed, keeping a hand over my mouth just so it wouldn’t be shoved on my face again. When my heart-rate started to normalize, I heard some faint talks. Chinen peeked a little farther, if that’s even a way to describe it. I wanted to see too you know, so I did what he did and ended up resting my head over his. No violence or bullying going on here, its not my fault he’s a little shorter than me. Apparently, Chinen wasn’t pissed and so we listened.

“Gomen ne, Mariya-san.” Okay, that was the first thing that I heard, and it sounded familiar.

“… Yama-chan…” She uttered, and yep, I was right. It was Ryo-kun. EH?? Ryo-kun? I thought he was absent.

“Arigatogozaimasu, demo… I like someone else.”

“Are we even supposed to eavesdrop like this, its kinda private-” I was whispering as soft as I could. Actually, I was whispering like I’ve never whispered before. That’s a record.

“Sssh!” Chinen poked me on the nose. Ouch… well, I guess I kinda deserve it. Sssshhh Mirai-chan. Be quiet. I heard myself talk, kinda weird, then I continued listening.

“Oh…” Mariya-san sounded deflated. What? What kind of word is that? Oh well, I give up. My vocabulary’s… awkward today. Anyway, who’s Mariya-san? Oh nobody special. Just one of the prettiest girls in school. I heard she’s a model, and a famous one at that. Not to exaggerate things, but this girl is really pretty, you’ll feel very inferior. I do sometimes, I guess. Okay scratch that, now that I think about it, I don’t, really. I mean, I don’t really care, honestly. I told you I’m weird.

Okay, I get distracted easily. So yeah, the scenery: Nishiuchi Mariya-san confessing to Yamada Ryosuke. Wow. I expect nothing less from this guy, Ryo-kun, I mean. I admit, I’m not that surprised that Ryo-kun got someone like Mariya-san. My heart’s racing up though. Maybe I’m feeling the tension.

I was so busy thinking that I ended up not understanding most of what he said. It’s like, hearing it but not listening to it, know what I’m saying? 

When I started paying attention, I can hear him talk about how he hopes she’ll find the right guy for her. So I’m guessing he’s turning her down? WHAT!? Are you stupid, Ryo-kun? You don’t get a Nishiuchi Mariya everyday, baka! My heart was palpitating heavier now. Wow, tight scene. Suffocating, actually.

Chinen was very quiet. Wow, this guy is so serious about this.

Mariya-san looked composed. I thought she’s a really strong girl. Wow, now I kind of admire her. She’s not only pretty, and tall, and nice… she’s strong too. Wow. Just, wow.

Then they started talking about, happiness? What?

“I’m sure you’ll find happiness, with someone else. I mean, it’s just really… not me.” Ryo-kun, must you keep repeating it!? Baka, baka! This guy’s gonna get one hell of a whack on the head from me, he’ll see.

Mariya shook her head and smiled weakly. I feel a little bad for her. Strange though, I feel a little lighter that before. This is ridiculously ridiculous; today, I mean. Then I heard her talk, “I’m not really sure how to find my happiness. I guess I should just stop looking and it’ll come at the right time.” I watched as she accepted something from Ryo-kun. I just noticed now he was reaching out for her and looked like he’s handing back something. What’s that… I squinted, and oh… a bracelet. Mariya-san was wearing one. Oh… matching bracelets? I mean, supposedly matching bracelets?

“He’s giving it back…” Chinen uttered, shocked my entire nervous system –again, exaggerating, and being a biologist now- and he just looked up at me and smiled sheepishly before continuing, “He received that bracelet a week ago, from Mariya-san.”

I was nodding my head, and with me resting my chin on top of his head, I know Chinen understood what I meant.

Mariya-san placed it inside her pocket, sighed and faced Ryo-kun. “Tell me Yama-chan, is it her?”

Ryo-kun looked not surprised, but amused. “Who?”

“You know who I’m talking about. I guess everybody knows. I was just being brave and silly at the same time… confessing to you even though I know who you really like. Well, I had to try.”

Ryo-kun tried not to look too amused. “Demo, arigato for trying then. Actually, arigato for just about everything. And I won’t apologize anymore, since…”

“Yeah, don’t worry about it. I was expecting this I guess. So then, it’s her. Everybody’s aware Yama-chan…”

“Except her.”

This line made Ryo-kun, Mariya-san and Chinen laugh. I’m not getting it.

Soon, Mariya-san looked like she’s about to leave and Chinen and I, well we stopped peeking; but we continued to listen. Guilty. I wanna know how this ends okay, don’t mind me.

“Oh, I’ve got one more question for you.”

I can imagine Ryo-kun looking at her with those eyes; those eyes that asks for what other words are to come. Anticipating yet expecting nothing. “What is it?”

“What’s your happiness?” Mariya laughed a little before continuing, “not an attempt to be melodramatic, but just a thought… since you said I’ll find mine, I’m just curious. What’s your happiness, Yama-chan?”

I waited, Chinen waited, and I’m sure Mariya-san waited. Ryo-kun sure made us wait. I think it’s not that long before he answered but, because of the moment, it felt like ages.

Then finally, after generations and generations, eras of eras… okay, now I’m going all historian-y….? 

“It’s simple... My happiness…” He let it hang for a while, and I can tell he’s smiling….

Again, we waited…

“…is her….” Okay, that completely left me… I dunno, stunned? Jaw-dropped? Shocked…. Oh I know… unconscious. 

Okay relax, I didn’t pass out. I just felt unconscious because what he said probably would’ve taken anybody’s breath away. Wow. I didn’t know Ryo-kun can be so… so… I dunno… I give up on these things… my heart can’t take them. It’s actually pumping too many gallons of blood in a fraction of a second right now. Again, over-reacting and now being all biologist-like again.

Mariya-san was on her way to the shed to we had to scoot aroud to the other side. Chinen and I tried to move as quickly as possible and we plan on exiting the rooftop a few minutes after Mariya-san. When she closed the door…

“WAAAAH!” I don’t know who sounded what, but I’m sure Chinen and I hit the same, really high tone.

“I thought I’d find you here.”

I know my eyes are wide. Like fish-eye wide, something like that. And Chinen tried to pretend like he’s done no crime. Poker face. Chinen I hate you for simply being Chinen. You can do everything so perfectly, I hate it! Grrr….

“So, who’s guilty and what have you heard?” Ryo-kun sounded… amused? Again? I’m running out of words for this guy.

Chinen acted like he didn’t know what’s going on and I… pretty much did nothing. Still a little fish-eye-shocked.

“Stop the act guys…” I can tell Ryo-kun’s trying to sound mad, but he can’t trick us. No way. Not working.

“I wonder who should stop the act.” Chinen threw his hands in the air, and looked like he surrendered. “Okay, okay… we eavesdropped, watched you dump a really popular girl, yeah, yeah, yeah… I confessed already, how bout you Yama-chan?”

“Ha? Ore? Why me?”

“I’m not putting Mirai-chan in an awkward situation… again…” Chinen smiled at me. I am so not getting any of this.

But surprisingly, Ryo-kun looked… scared… anxious? What is he, about to throw up or something?

Then I decided to be honest. “I’m not getting any of this guys, sorry.” I’m kinda expecting they’ll say nothing but Chinen did say something.

“I’ll help clear things out. How’s this…”

Ryo-kun grabbed Chinen and was kind of… hmm… strangling him…? Whoa… violence! I tried to stop them, but hey… yay little girl like me, strong alright, but against Ryo-kun, I’m kidding myself. But I had to try. Chinen was saying something though. “Yamete Ryo-kun!”

“Damare Chinen, onegai?”

Chinen finally got free and I’m still not getting things.

“Seriously, I’ll do it.”

“I’ll have to make sure of that.”

“What?” Ryo-kun sounded confused, I felt confused too. 

Okay, to turn things… um… uglier… and weirder… Chinen, standing just right beside be, grabbed onto my shoulders, locked a hand on my cheek and was leaning forward TO KISS ME!?

“CHINEN!” I’m not sure if that was me who shouted, but turns out it was Ryo-kun. Apparently he managed to pull Chinen away from me and now he’s standing in front of me. Drama much? “What the heck do you think you’re doing!?”

I’m… stoned. Iced. Whatever you call it. That guy just tried to kiss me!

Chinen was laughing, apparently amused. I use that word too much, I hate it. But then again, its weird I don’t really feel angry about what he did. There’s something on Chinen’s look that tells me he was… kidding. Although, Ryo-kun kinda looked like he took it seriously. I haven’t seen him this… aggravated?

“Ne, Mirai-chan. How about figuring this one…”

Ryo-kun was glaring at him, I can feel it. I’m kind of scared. But I waited for what Chinen has to say.

“Yama-chan’s happiness…” just like how Ryo-kun did it a few minutes ago, he let his words hang. Ryo-kun was still staring at Chinen, although it wasn’t a glare anymore.

Chinen grabbed hold of the doorknob, and with that inoocent, sweet smile on his face and his last line, it all made sense to me and explained that his actions were all an act. Well, you know what he said?

“Yama-chan’s happiness…” he opened the door, “… is you.” Then swiftly, the door shut behind him. Ryo-kun and I listened as the sound echoed. Then there was silent.

Slowly, Ryo-kun turned. My heart felt like it’s banging my chest, like umm, you know when you’re trapped and you wanted to get out? It felt like that. When he faced me, I couldn’t tell what I wanted to do… or say… or even think. My mind was like… canvas. Blank. Waiting?

Then words came out even before I thought of them. “Honto?” I meant to say, was he said, really… really… true? I meant to ask him more, but that’s what came out.

Ryo-kun scratched the back of his head. He looked silly, and shy, and sheepish… and cute… really… oh what am I saying. Of course this idiot looks cute, he’s Yamada Ryosuke for goodness sake!

Then he took out something from his pocket. I’m not sure what… I’m still a little out of space… what does that mean? I’m not sure either. Then I kinda heard him ask for my phone. My stupid, malfunctioned phone... I took it out, like I’m hypnotized. A lot of things are still not making sense, but yeah… I dunno…

“Yeah, about what Chinen said… I…” He was saying this while fumbling over my phone. He looks like he’s putting something on it. “I don’t really know how to say this. Directly I mean…”

I think I’m not that dumb not to know what’s going on, but I’m human enough not to really believe right away that it’s actually happening. My heart is killing me, working ten times than usual. I can actually feel my throat tighten and those… are those the butterflies they talk about? Well, there sure are one heck of a lot of them inside my tummy now. Wow. This is really… new.

So wait… butterflies… heart… oh geez…. I’m in love with this guy?

I was… in a state of utter… confinement? What? Oh, this is crazy.

But yeah…

I am…

In love with Ryo-kun…

I’m in love with Yamada Ryosuke! 

Surprisingly, it didn’t come out loud, so I guess I can thank my adrenaline-rushed cheeks and chest and all those other factors; they all prevented me from even speaking. 

At this moment, everything made sense. I don’t even want to elaborate on them. It’s just that, I finally got the answer. Its like solving that math problem and finally getting that right value. Wow, even in this state, I’m going all mathematician-y?

Then Ryo-kun was done with what he’s doing and then took out his phone. He looked nervous… more than I ever remember him be.

“I wanted to say it directly… But I… Oh what the… it’s like this…”

I’m amused, watching him be nervous and all. I mean, the cool, always ever so smooth Yamada Ryosuke, fumbling and can’t speak straight. I know its mean, but I find it cute… and so him. This is the real Ryo-kun. Something people don’t even get to see.

Then he raised the two phones. Well, first his. I noticed right away that he has a Mickey Mouse dangling from it. It’s that cute charm we saw the other day when we randomly went to some store the other day while on our way home. “Mickey Mouse… finally…”

Then he raised my phone, and this time… I swear. It was the first time I’ve felt this, but I wanted to hug him so badly. I don’t know why, I just do. Because when he raised my phone, he said, “Mickey Mouse finally… found Minnie Mouse…” and there it was, that Minnie Mouse charm, dangling from my phone. I remember telling him I wanted the Minnie Mouse but the store didn’t have it… And now its here.

It may sound cheesy, and so dramatic for some of you, but to me… it just explains enough. Actually, more than enough. And yeah, I ended up trying to hide too much happiness, I don’t know but I felt like I wanna cry but I don’t. is that weird?

So yeah…

Oh…

I hugged him. Haha! It caught him a little off guard but then I just heard him breathed deeply. So he was that nervous. We were both speechless… Me especially. What’s there to say?

When we broke our hug, he held my hand tight. Well, I was holding my phone now. His smile just so I dunno... It just made me feel like nothing can ever go wrong... so I guess what I heard was pretty smart is true...

A smile is a curve that can set things straight...

oh well... his smile sure is proof.


“This may sound weird… But do I really have to say out loud that like you, or should I just keep you guessing?” Okay I know, I’m weird with these situations. He laughed. And his eyes lit. I swear. Haha! I just wanna keep laughing.

“You already said it out loud baka!”

“EH!???” then I thought… “Yabai…”

He laughed again… Then that smile. I guess he wanted to hug me as much as I did too. It was funny though, he looked like he’s crying. Cry-baby Ryo-kun.

Then we waited for lunchtime to end, sitting there at the rooftop, leaning on the rails as we feel the afternoon wind. It was nice. Let’s not get too drama-like… we weren’t holding hands…. But my head was on his shoulder. What? We’re sitting side-by-side and he’s taller than me at about the right difference and I was a little sleepy.

Then randomly I asked him. Maybe, I just wanted to hear it. “So Ryo-kun, are you happy?”

I heard him chuckle. I know, my question was silly. But I’m glad he answered.

“Silly Mirai-chan… You’re here with me… what do you think?” With that we both just laughed and I felt him rest his head on top of mine.