Goodnight

Goodnight - Yamada Ryosuke X Shida Mirai Drabble

 

It’s about eleven, and Mirai’s ready to go to bed. A tiring day; but fun nonetheless. She’s been on her bed for ten minutes now, and she knows that sleep with come very soon enough – yet weird, she feels like she doesn’t want it to come yet.
 
She stared at her ceiling. It’s another school day tomorrow. Another day of being normal: at least that’s what she and her classmates feel when they’re all together. Outside school, people would think they’re having special treatment, being artists and all, but in reality, it’s the one of the rare places where they get to be just like ordinary people.
 
Somehow, she smiled at the thought of having to bicker and chat once again with her classmates.
Then for some reason, she looked at her phone. She’s done with her daily blog – it’s been an automatic thing she does you see. She was about to close her eyes when she noticed her phone’s light blinking – soon, it kept vibrating along with her ringtone playing loud.
 
She jerked up, wondering who would call her at this time of the night.
 
“Hello?” She answered, smiling a little after seeing who it was.
 
“I was wondering if you’re still awake. I just gave it a shot.” He said, his voice a little tired.
 
“You need some sleep.” She went back to bed and grabbed her huge mickey mouse and snuggled it closer to her.
“You sound horrible.”
 
There was a chuckle on the other line, “That’s not good.” He cleared his throat, “I just got back from rehearsals.”
 
She shook her head – she knows well he can’t see her, but the act was just something you just do, “This late huh? You guys have it tough huh…” She looked at the time, “Fix yourself, and get to bed soon. We have school tomorrow” she heard him complain a little at the mention of ‘school’
 
“Look who’s talking. You better sleep soon too.”
 
“I was about to, you called.”
 
He chuckled, “Erm, I’m sorry?” they both laughed. “No really. I just wanted to say ‘goodnight’.”
 
She smiled. He’s always been this sweet – sometimes, she wonders if she herself makes him feel as happy as he makes her feel. “Goodnight.” Her smile still lingers, and she can pretty much see his smiling face as well. “See you tomorrow, Ryosuke.”
 
“You have no idea how much I look forward to that.” He replied and Mirai just let out a little laugh.