I Love You

Believe

“Byunghun, let’s go to the ice-cream shop downstairs,” Ricky ran towards L.Joe and asked excitedly.

“I’m lazy, why don’t you go down with Changjo after he is back from filming,” L.Joe answered sounding a little irritated.

Chunji came out from his room all dressed up, “L.Joe, let’s go.” He said signaling to L.Joe who then stood up from the sofa.

“You are not lazy, it’s just that you have a date with Chunji-hyung,” Ricky said sarcastically before walking towards the door, “Fine, I’ll just go down alone and have ice-cream alone since I’m FOREVER ALONE!” With that, Ricky wore his shoes and slammed the door shut.

Chunji was confused at Ricky’s sudden outburst, “What was that for?”

“Just ignore him; he’s like that,” L.Joe said as he wore his shoes, “Aren’t we going to be late if you just stand there…” L.Joe said.

Ricky was walking towards the ice-cream shop when it started raining heavily and here he is alone without an umbrella and he forgot to bring his jacket down. He took out his phone and realized that he had not charge it and it was flat. He felt so helpless, he just ran to the nearest shelter. He sat at the kerb and hugged his knees as he thought of L.Joe.

L.Joe had been giving Ricky hot and cold feelings, one moment; he was so close to him, one moment he seems all distant and cold to him. Changjo was on the vehicle with their manager after recording ‘Immortal Song 2’ with C.A.P and Niel when he noticed Ricky.

“Hyung! It’s Ricky sitting over there!” Changjo alert their manager who stopped at the roadside as Changjo ran down of the vehicle with the umbrella, “Ricky-ah,” he called out.

Ricky looked up and saw that it was Changjo, he hugged him immediately, “I’m so cold,” Ricky said. “Stop hugging me and let’s get back to the vehicle or you want to freeze to death here,” Changjo said and the both of them went back to the vehicle.

Changjo took off his jacket and placed it over Ricky. Ricky clings onto Changjo’s arm and started crying shocking the remaining members and their manager.

------------------------------

While on the way to the shopping mall with Chunji, L.Joe kept dialing Ricky’s number but it didn’t get through, he’s worried as he sees how heavy the rain is and he knew that Ricky did not bring the umbrella along.

“Who are you calling?” Chunji asked noticing that L.Joe doesn’t seems like himself.

L.Joe put away his phone inside his pocket and smiled, “Nothing, I’m just calling my parents to ask them to wear more clothes out and keep themselves warm,” he lied.

-----------------------------

Chunji and L.Joe returned home after a day out and all the members are gathered at the living room except Ricky who was nowhere to be seen.

“Where are you guys doing here?” Chunji asked as he went to join them, “Where’s Ricky?” He asked after noticing that he was missing.

“He’s down with a fever, manager-hyung is in the room looking after him,” Changjo explained.

L.Joe tried not to show that he’s too concern, he asked calmly, “Why is he sick?”

“Do you know how poor thing he is today? Luckily I saw him, he was seated at the kerb, and hugging his knees and the rain was so heavy today that even the shelter didn’t help and he was drenched. He didn’t even have his jacket with him and when we asked why he didn’t call you guys, he said that his phone battery is dead.” Changjo explained.

The manager came out and asked Chunji and L.Joe, “Why is Ricky alone?”

Chunji answered, “I don’t know, I came out and saw that he wore his shoes and just went out.”

“You guys, take care of him, he’s fever isn’t going down yet, and if it hits 39degrees, call me immediately, I’ll send him to the hospital,” the manager said to the rest of the members.

L.Joe went to the room to check on Ricky, he placed his hands over Ricky’s forehead, “Is your phone really dead?” he asked softly.

Ricky opened his eyes and remember how he rejected him today, he fling L.Joe’s hands off, “Why do you even care so much,” Ricky said sounding angry.

“How are you feeling right now?”

“Can you just stop acting like you even care?!”

“Have you taken your medicine?”

“Just go out.”

“…”

“Go out.”

“Drink some water.”

Ricky flung L.Joe’s hand away and the glass broke into pieces after it fell off L.Joe’s hand. Everyone rushed in and saw L.Joe on the floor picking up the glass shards and Ricky looking away.

“Be careful!” Chunji said as he rushed towards L.Joe and prevented him from cutting his hands.

“Yoo Changhyun, why are you being like this? Do you think you are sick and you can just throw your tantrum like that?” C.A.P chided Ricky sternly.

“ALL OF YOU GO OUT. GO OUT. I SAID GO OUT.” Ricky started shouting angrily but none of the members is going out and honestly, they have never seen Ricky this angry.

“FINE, I’LL GO OUT THEN.” Ricky shouted as he gets out of the bed weakly. He then locked himself inside the toilet as all the members tried to coax him to come out.

Ricky’s tears started rolling down, is getting someone to love me that hard? Why am I the one who is always loving, I’m tired. His visions started blurring and he eventually fainted, the members became extremely worried after hearing a loud thud from outside, C.A.P then banged on the door several times before it opened, Changjo and L.Joe rushed in together, L.Joe wanted to carry Ricky but Changjo pushed him away and carried Ricky back to the room instead.

The members didn’t sleep well; all of them took turns to look after Ricky, constantly checking his conditions. It was L.Joe’s turn to look after Ricky, he sat down beside him and held up his hands, “I’m sorry,” L.Joe said softly.

Ricky was actually awake but he just kept his eyes closed, he removed his hands from L.Joe’s and turns over with his back facing L.Joe. Tears rolled down as he wept silently, What’s the use of apologizing when what’s done is already done…

--------------------------------

The next morning, Ricky felt better and became hyper once again, he went to wake everyone up but when it was L.Joe, he hesitated before he walked over and said, “Hyung, wake up.”

Ricky was about to turn and leave when L.Joe caught hold of Ricky’s hand, but Ricky shook off his hands gently and left the room. I’m giving up. I’m giving you up.

Ricky kept his distance from L.Joe and everyone was surprised that L.Joe and Ricky used to stick to each other but now Ricky was just sticking to Changjo. “Ricky,” L.Joe called out when they are walking to the salon.

“Hyung, let’s talk later, I’ve a bet with Changjo to reach the salon first,” Ricky lied and ran towards the salon.

Hyung… It’s been a long time since I heard it… I’m really not used to it, Ricky-ah, why are you doing this… L.Joe let out a sigh as he walked to the salon.

Chunji came over and passed him a cup of coffee, “Drink this, you must be tired right?”

L.Joe smiled and thanked him.

It may seem like Ricky is playing with Changjo but he saw everything, he saw how L.Joe is when he is with Chunji. The smile on his face and the way Chunji looked into L.Joe’s eyes. When L.Joe happened to turn his head, Ricky quickly hugged Changjo and whispered, “Changjo-ah, thank you for yesterday.”

At that moment, L.Joe’s heart hurts, it hurts a lot. He’s on the verge of crying, he held back his tears and acted like nothing happened. He turned over and back-hugged Chunji, “I’m tired, let me sleep a while.” His tears unknowingly rolled down from the corner of his eyes.

After that day, L.Joe and Ricky had very little interactions on stage and the both of them are just trying to kill the RickJoe pairing that they built when they debuted. Most RickJoe shippers still stand by them even when the ChunJoe and ChangRick pairings are being widely promoted, not forgetting the N.A.P pairing.

During a fansign, a fan asked Ricky, “Oppa, do you like L.Joe oppa more or Changjo oppa more?”

Ricky answered without hesitation, “What do you think?” He then passed the bottle of water he drank to Changjo.

----------------------------------

After the fansign, Ricky went to the toilet and L.Joe followed him, “Is it true?”

Ricky knew what L.Joe is asking but he doesn’t want to answer, after all, he put in a lot of effort to forget him, he put in lots of effort to stop loving him, “Hyung, what are you talking about?”

“The fansign, the fan’s question,” L.Joe said, he wanted to hear from Ricky himself.

“Hyung, aren’t we both trying to kill this pairing? Hyung, if a fan asked if you like Chunji-hyung more or like me more, I believe your answer will be -,” before Ricky could finish what he is saying, L.Joe interrupted, “You. I love you.”

Ricky was surprised, “But, I don’t love you.” Ricky said even though his heart doesn’t agree with what he said.

Ricky opened the door and left.

L.Joe became very frustrated, I knew you are lying. Ricky, why can’t you just be true to your real feelings!

Ricky treated L.Joe coldly throughout the whole journey. Ricky just went back to his room when they returned from the schedule. L.Joe came in and locked the door, “I don’t believe you don’t love me,” L.Joe said.

“How will you believe me then,” Ricky took out the photograph that the both of them took together, “To make you believe that I’m over you, I’ll tear this photo right in front of you.”

It took Ricky a lot of courage to tear that photo, it’s the photo of L.Joe kissing him on the cheeks. The moment Ricky tore it, L.Joe’s heart immediately shattered, “Yoo Changhyun, you are so cruel. You will regret. You will regret!”

L.Joe unlocked the door and left, L.Joe wore his shoes and left the dorm.

Ricky bend down and pick up the bits and pieces of the photo, droplets of tears dropped onto the floor, Changjo came in and saw Ricky crying as he looked at the photo. “I did so to make him give up.”

“Then do you still love him?” Changjo asked.

Ricky nodded his head, “But, he is better off with Chunji-hyung.”

Chunji who happened to hear it came in and said, “What do you mean? Ricky, ChunJoe pairing is just for fanservice, the person L.Joe loved the most is you.”

Ricky’s eyes widen upon hearing that, “But the way he looked at you is different.”

“That’s because we are very very close and we are just like siblings, and he trust me a lot to tell me all his worries.” Chunji explained.

Ricky immediately ran out of the room and found that L.Joe isn’t around; he saw his shoes missing and knew that he had gone out. He immediately ran out to find L.Joe.

Ricky thought hard and knew where L.Joe is, he ran to the place they first dated and saw L.Joe seated on the bench. “Byunghun,” Ricky called out.

L.Joe stood up and Ricky ran towards him and hugged him tightly, “I’m sorry. I’m sorry.”

“Ricky…”

“I lied, I love you, I love you. I never once stopped loving you,” Ricky cried as he said.

A smile slowly formed on L.Joe’s face, “I love you too. Ricky-ah, I love you too.” L.Joe said as he hugged Ricky tightly too.

L.Joe released the hugged and looked at Ricky, he used his hands to wipe off the tears from his face, “From today onwards, I won’t let you drop a single tears.” L.Joe said before kissing Ricky on his lips gently.

 “Ricky-ah, we will be together till the day we both die, I will take care of you and love you till the day we both die,” L.Joe said sweetly to Ricky and flashed him his eye-smile.

“The day I stopped loving you, will be the day when 30th February exist,” Ricky said flashing him the brightest smile that could light up the darkness.

They looked at each other before walking back to their dorm, hand in hand. The smile never once disappears from their faces.