Why Don't You Look At Me

Silent Prayers

Jessica

 

It’s depressing he doesn’t see what she sees. He doesn’t know what he knows. She makes it so obvious for him to notice what she’s trying to say and yet, he makes it so easy to disregard every little thing she does. Every look she acknowledge, every smile she offers, every song she sings are absolute waste to him. And it’s all because his attention is focused on someone else: her.

It’s disheartening to know she’s not wanted by him because he wants someone else. Handful of boys like her. She’s beautiful, has a good voice and even though her personality is on the downside, she’s pretty nice once you get to know her. Still, beauty cannot compete with any kind of affection from him because she’s not her.

It’s annoying to see him everyday beside her, laughing or crying his heart out. And they look good so together that it creates a churning pain on her stomach and it feels like her heart is getting ripped out from vein to vein. She tries so hard to pretend she’s okay when she’s not.

It’s sickening to have these dumb and foolish feelings she has for him because she knows, she can never have him and he will never want her.

____

Author's Note:

Let's face it people, at least once (or maybe more for others) in our life time we've had this special feelings for someone who doesn't even look at us. And even knowing that fact, doesn't change what we feel for them. I've been in that situation (only it kind of changed as seasons passed) and honestly, despite him hating on me, I knew in my heart I still like him.

It was like that for Jessica. Liking someone who doesn't even know you exist.