Princes and Princesses

A Princess

A princess. What is a princess? In the dictionary, there many examples of a princess. For example, some say that a princess is a daugher of a monarch, a close female relative of a monarch or a wife of a prince. Others say that a princess is a spoilt or arrogant women. And some just state that it is a nickname used by the British to informally address a young girl or lady. Well, which definition of princess shall we use today? Well, I think that the lover of a prince would bet fit this story.

In pretty much every fairytale known, it is the typical story of a girl and boy. The boy is a rich and handsome prince, while the girl is usually in some sort of trouble or distress. For example, in Cinderella, the girl is mistreated by her sisters and step-mother. In Sleeping Beauty, the girl is put under a curse. In Snow White, the girl is about to be killed by her step-mother so she runs off into the forest. And in Repunzel, the girl is captured and trapped away in a tower. And in every one of these stories, the prince is always the one to save them.

The prince turns them into a beautiful princess.

Seohyun always laughed at this concept, she simply couldn't understand it. There were so many questions which would run through her head when she heard these fairytales. So, when a prince rescued a girl, then she would be turned into a beautiful princess? Why is it that the girl is only acknowledged by others as beautiful once she becomes a princess? Why is it always a prince that saves the girl? Why not just an ordinary person passing by? Why is it that the girl could fall in love so easily once she is rescued with a person who doesn't truly know? Why is it no-one can see the girl's beauty when she is in trouble? Why won't anyone save her but a prince?

Seohyun thought that the plot of such stories were rather weak. After all, why couldn't it be different from all those typical sories about boys saving girls? Why wasn't there anything different? Everything was the same, and everything was boring. Many girls spend their entire lives just waiting for prince-charming to pop up out of nowhere. And most of the time, prince-charming never bothered to even appear. Why you ask? Simply because a fairytale hardly ever happened in real life. Girls would wait for a prince to appear out of nowhere.

But Seohyun was different.

She wasn't waiting for a prince-charming to pop out of nowhere, she was waiting for a man who thought she was a princess.

And luckily, she had one. Seohyun had a person beside her who thought she was as beautiful as a princess. Do you know who it is? Obviously, it is the one and only Cho Kyuhyun. You know, Cho Kyuhyun, the maknae of Super Junior? He was a person who thought Seohyun was beautiful. He always thought she was beautiful. When Girls' Generation first debuted as a girl group, Seohyun was one of those who were overlooked. Yes, she was pretty then, but no-one really took any notice of her. Seohyun was just known as the maknae. Really nothing more than that. She was polite, she was quiet, and she was beautiful. And like a princess in a fairytale, she was ignored. Well, ignored by all but Kyuhyun. For he, Kyuhyun, found Seohyun absolutely and utterly beautiful. Kyuhyun never really thought of himself as a prince, but he definitely thought Seohyun was a princess. He didn't wish to save her, for she wasn't in trouble.

All he wished for was to make her his.

But of course, as the years passed. Seohyun always wondered about this. She began to wonder if she was a princess and Kyuhyun was a prince. After all, in the beginning, she was just overlooked like a girl in a fairytale. But after Kyuhyun gave her all his love, she slowly changed. And now, she was absolutely breath-taking. With Kyuhyun's love, she changed. And maybe, just maybe, she turned into a princess with the help of Kyuhyun. But then again, Kyuhyun always insisted that he wasn't a prince. He just said that Seohyun was a princess, his princess. Well, at least that's what what Kyuhyun would say. Seohyun remembered clearly.

Everybody seemed to be shocked about the way Seohyun had changed.

You've become so beautiful.

Seohyun is now as stunning as her sisters.

What a breath-taking girl you now are.


That is what people would tell her. But the way the said it made it sound like they didn't think she was beautiful before. It were as if they thought she had transformed. Seohyun actually didn't like it when people said such things. But it was alright when Kyuhyun told Seohyun such things, for he said it differently. The words he spoke were much sweeter.

You're so beautiful.

You're so stunning.

You're so breath-taking.


Kyuhyun always thought that Seohyun was beautiful.

Kyuhyun always thought that Seohyun was a princess.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Joohyunnie, you need a prince." Sunny spoke one day.

"Why?" Seohyun asked.

"Because princes can turn you into a princess." Sunny replied in a slightly dreamy way.

Seohyun thought that was more or less false.

"Unnie, I don't want a prince. I want a person who thinks I'm already a princess." Seohyun replied, looking around the area.

"..." Sunny stared, quiet and slightly shocked at the maknae's words.

"Unnie?" Seohyun questioned, unsure with the sudden silence.

"...A man who already thinks you're a princess?" Sunny asked.

"Yes, a person who already thinks that I'm a princess. I would definitely prefer a person like that rather than a prince." Seohyun replied, a slight smile crawling onto her lips.

"...Wha-" Before Sunny could ask, she was cut off.

"Joohyun." A low voice called, the girls turned to see Kyuhyun standing there. Sunny stared at Kyuhyun, then turned to the Girls' Generation maknae. She was surprised to see a smile, a never before seen smile on Seohyun's lips. It was a sweet and innocent smile. A real smile.

"Kyuhyunnie oppa." Seohyun muttered as she quickly ran up to Kyuhyun.

"...Joohyun..." Sunny whispered as she stared, trying to process the current situation.

"Unnie, I'll see you later. Okay?" Seohyun asked rhetorically.

"Hm." Sunny made a sound of agreement.

"You look beautiful was ever. As beautiful as a princess." Kyuhyun told Seohyun who shyly smiled back. Sunny stared, she had never seen Seohyun act in such a way.

Sunny turned around from the pair, a all-knowing look on her lips.

"...Our maknae has grown up well..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's kind of short, but I wanted to post this... and I am meant to be doing my homework and studying... >_<